is run and sometimes it doesn't.
Writing
waitForConsole(view)
does seem to help.

Thanks for any help

Moti
Running Java from within jEdit
Submitted by Alan-LB on Saturday, 19 April, 2008 - 06:36
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find a thread.

Is there any way of compiling and running a program from within jEdit - ie shelling out to run "javac" and "java". I am using jEdit 4.3 with Windows XP Pro and JDK 6 update 5.

I have tried downloading the "console" plugin but it will not install - it comes up with an error message and suggests getting a later version of the plugin

Everything else works fine.

Alan
Can't run some macros: "Class: gnu.regexp.RE not found in namespace"
Submitted by sempliciotto on Sunday, 20 April, 2008 - 12:32
Hi,
I have a problem running some macros, like Text_Squeezer. I'm on an Ubuntu hardy; I have downloaded jEdit 4.3pre13 from ubuntu repository; I have installed sun-java6-jdk.

$ which java
/usr/bin/java
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode, sharing)

If I run Text_Squeezer macro I got this error:

Sourced file: /home/gius/.jedit/macros/Text_Squeezer.bsh : Class: gnu.regexp.RE not found in namespace : at Line: 32 : in file: /home/gius/.jedit/macros/Text_Squeezer.bsh : gnu .regexp .RE

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHAmbiguousName.toClass(BSHAmbiguousName.java:74)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHType.getType(BSHType.java:154)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHFormalParameter.eval(BSHFormalParameter.java:67)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHFormalParameters.eval(BSHFormalParameters.java:107)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHMethodDeclaration.evalNodes(BSHMethodDeclaration.java:153)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHMethodDeclaration.eval(BSHMethodDeclaration.java:122)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:644)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._runScript(BeanShell.java:336)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._runScript(BeanShell.java:281)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runScript(BeanShell.java:207)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Macros$BeanShellHandler.runMacro(Macros.java:1020)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Macros$Macro.invoke(Macros.java:441)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:383)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:3000)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2983)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:220)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1220)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1261)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6041)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5806)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4413)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4243)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2440)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4243)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)

What's wrong? Is required some other package or ubuntu's jedit is bugged?

Thanks
Running macro xxx times
Submitted by heinkonijn on Monday, 21 April, 2008 - 12:08
Hi,

I have created a macro, and I weant to run it multiple times.
I have read the documentation and I cannot find how it should be done.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Hein
Move this forum to Google Groups?
Submitted by drefty on Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 - 00:01
Anyone else experience poor performance and sluggishness with the jedit community site? Is there much community support out there still? Would anyone support moving this forum to Google?
adding shortcut to a macro
Submitted by ianbd on Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 - 13:01
I have some simple macros to which I want to add consistent shortcut keys as part of the install.

I assume that I use the jEdit.setProperty option with something like:
jEdit.setProperty("my_macros/macro1.shortcut", "CA+1"); but that does not work.

When I check the global options, the shortcut is recorded as the literal string, but Ctrl + Alt + 1 does not activate the macro.

Does anyone know how to set such a shortcut? For example, is there some form of key combination code that I need to enter to get this combination to work through setProperty()?

Thanks in advance...
Support DB Objects in Sidekick/CtagsSidekick
Submitted by marcelo.marcsys on Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 - 13:05
When i open a DB Object via SQL plugin and try to use the sidekick plugin, the plugin can't parse the object. It only parses the object when I save it with the appropriate extension. The plugin should be able to parse a text based on the edit mode, all right?
Textmate-like SVN popup menu (Popup SVN Menu.bsh v0.9 by k3rni)
Submitted by k3rni on Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 - 21:00
Designed for use with SVNPlugin. After installing, assign a keystroke (preferably Ctrl-Shift-A, same as in Textmate) to it. When pressed, SVNPlugin's context menu with the most common operations (add, update, revert, commit, resolve etc.) pops up, in relative proximity to the cursor, which is probably the spot that your eyes are already focused on. The items have keyboard shortcuts (digits 1-5, same as in Textmate again) in order to speed up navigation. Thus, e.g. a commit is CS-a, 4. Known bugs:
  • After one use, it steals the SVNPlugin menu from the textarea's context menu, which causes it to mess up, by still having the "Subversion" submenu item, but refusing to show the actual submenu. In order to avoid that, this macro removes that submenu from the textarea's context menu, making it available only on keystroke.
Buffertabs fail on Pre14
Submitted by weberjn on Monday, 28 April, 2008 - 08:02
Hi, the Buffertabs plugin still does not work on Pre14. Pity, so I have to continue using Pre 12.

Greetings,
Juergen
Position Cursor after Template Execution
Submitted by WarrickF on Wednesday, 30 April, 2008 - 17:08
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to position my cursor after I execute a Template using the Templates plugin.

The Clipper plugin allows you to place a "|" (pipe) where you'd like to position the cursor, but I can't seem to find a way to do the same thing using the Templates plugin.

Thanks
Warrick
Template Accelerators - Keywords beginning with @ and other special chars
Submitted by WarrickF on Thursday, 1 May, 2008 - 13:39
Hi all, I'm having a problem setting up Keywords in Accelerator that begin with "@" and other special chars like "<". If I setup an accelerator called Test - all is good, if I name my accelerator @Test it does not work. The help says .... The plugin searches for the keyword from the current caret position in the textarea backwards to first whitespace character. However is seem like it only searches backward for char 1..9,a..z,A..Z Is this a bug or is there some workaround like escaping the char somehow (which I've tried)? Thanks Warrick
Mixed Mode Highlighting
Submitted by WarrickF on Thursday, 1 May, 2008 - 17:55
Hi All,

Is it possible to somehow have mixed mode highlighting.

We've added a custom mode for our own language, but when JavaScript it mixed into the page it does not get highlighted correctly.

What's the best way to approach this ?

Thanks
Warrick
Remove Trailing WhiteSpaces (remove-trailing-ws.bsh v1.0 by Robert Schwenn)
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Friday, 2 May, 2008 - 21:34
This macro removes trailing WhiteSpaces of selected lines (as the action with same name does). In contrast, if no selection is present, all lines are processed.
running 2 copies of jEdit
Submitted by mamboze on Sunday, 4 May, 2008 - 01:14
Hi,
Is it possible to run 2 copies of jEdit simultaneously. When I try to launch a second copy the start sequence seems to be aborted after a few seconds

thnx for any help
Multiple docked plugins in same area
Submitted by ernest on Monday, 5 May, 2008 - 15:51
Is there a way to dock more than one plugin in an area (such as at the bottom of the screen) and have them all be active? To be more specific, I'd like to be able to have the Console and the Task List displaying at the same time in the bottom dock region. is this possible? If not, is it planned for a future release?

Thanks,

Ernest
Mac Expose Trouble
Submitted by dimebag on Tuesday, 6 May, 2008 - 22:35
It seems that over time, jEdit has accumulated some sort of cache of blank pages. When I go to Expose, I get a ton of blank windows, each of the windows is titled "Untitled-1." They seem to load each time I start jEdit and have significantly reduced the performance of the application. At first I though the problem may be due to the auto backup, but I have turned it off without any effect. Maybe there is some bug with the window splitting mechanism? I'm running jEdit 4.3 pre 13 on OS X 10.5.2, but have had this problem before the OS updates. Check out this screenshot for reference: http://obreczarek.com/screen.png
JEdit with Mac OS Plugin fails to run on Mac OS 10.5, Java 6.0 (64-bit)
Submitted by theorik on Wednesday, 7 May, 2008 - 06:21
JEdit with Mac OS Plugin fails to run on Mac OS 10.5, Java 6.0 (64-bit). Sometimes silently, sometimes a window appears, but without content and unusable. Removing the MacOS Plugin helps.

> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: Error while starting plugin macos.MacOSPlugin
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at macos.MacOSPlugin.start(Unknown Source)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.startPlugin(PluginJAR.java:1360)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePlugin(PluginJAR.java:737)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePluginIfNecessary(PluginJAR.java:807)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:460)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.cocoa.application.NSMenu
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:288)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadFromParent(JARClassLoader.java:469)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:86)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
> 08:18:07 [error] PluginJAR: ... 5 more
> 08:18:07 [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: /Applications/jEdit/jars/MacOS.jar:
> 08:18:07 [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
> 08:18:07 [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.
>

Thankful for any advice,
theorik
Help Menu unusable on Mac OS (Java 1.5 and 1.6)
Submitted by theorik on Wednesday, 7 May, 2008 - 06:32
If I try to activate the jEdit's[1] Help Menu on Mac OS, I get a spinning beach ball, a high CPU load and after some ten or twenty seconds the help menu appears (and, if I moved the mouse, disappears immediately, of course). (Even if I removed .jedit before.) I tried on two computers, running Apple's latest 1.5 (1.5.013-b05-237) and 1.6 (1.6.0_05-b13-120), so I'm afraid this is a bug / incompatibility.

Thankful for any help,
theorik

[1] 4.pre14, but I observed this before – I just thought it was my configuration
My header files are always treated as Objective-C code... :-(
Submitted by ernest on Thursday, 8 May, 2008 - 22:19
How do I get jEdit to treat my headers as C++ code rather than Objective-C code? I know I can go into the buffer properties and change it, but is there some way I can make this a permanent (or project wide) association?

Thanks,

Ernest
Syntax highlighting for Rails 2 files
Submitted by mamboze on Saturday, 10 May, 2008 - 04:04
Hi,
I'm editing a Rails 2.0.2 app and I find that files with the .erb extension do not show any syntax highlighting. I'm using jEdit 4.3 pre10 with Java 1.6.0_03 on a Ubuntu Gutsy box.

What should I do to get some highlighting up and running?

Thnx in advance

Roy
User login
Browse archives
« April 2008 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82338