jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
Mustache edit mode (mustache.xml vbeta by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Sunday, 15 January, 2012 - 17:02
jEdit edit mode for mustache logic-less template language found at http://mustache.github.com/ Since mustache is not limited to HTML, this mode does not assume that the template is HTML. The literal parts of the template are left plain and only the mustache tags are highlighted. catalog line: on github here: https://github.com/tuckerkevin/jedit-mustache
How is PATH in Console determined?
Submitted by rovf on Tuesday, 17 January, 2012 - 09:35
On Windows 7:

I opened a new console using the menu item Plugins/Console/Shells/console.shell.system-show

In the resulting console Window, my PATH is set differently to what I have set using the Windows Control Center.

Now I wonder how jEdit sets up the PATH for the Console application. I checked the Console plugin user's guide, but couldn't find this topic being explained.
Shuffle variables within selection?
Submitted by optigon on Thursday, 19 January, 2012 - 22:03
Long time user of Jedit, but only used to the things I do on a regular basis.

It dawned on me today that there might be a macro or plugin for the following, but I am not really sure what it would be called.

Situation:
There is a line of code with a function including 2 or more variables.
eg. foo(A, B, C)

By selecting "A, B, C", is there a way to suffle their order left or right?
The result would be foo(B, C, A) after using the command once.

I ask because to do this using copy/paste normally requires 2 copy/paste operations.
1. Select and copy "A, "
2. Pasting at the end of the statement gives foo(B, CA, )
3. Select and copy ", " and paste it between CA

Shuffling would either be to the left or right, moving the first or last element to the opposite end of the selection. Returning the with all the items still selected would be useful for multiple iterations.

A shuffle tool that was space and comma sensitive would reduce these edits to a single operation. Perhaps there could be a setting to tell the command what characters represent variable separators (comma, space, math operators, colons, etc)

Having this work for collumn selections would be useful too.

Maybe I'm a lazy coder Smiling
NetRexxJe Plugin does not load
Submitted by rovf on Friday, 20 January, 2012 - 10:39
It says on loading that it can't find the class REException, and suggest I should upgrade to a newer version.

I have installed the most recent version of the plugin, though.
Sessions 1.5.1 beta (Sessions.jar v1.5.1 beta by Steve Jakob)
Submitted by AlanEzust on Sunday, 22 January, 2012 - 06:04
Sessions 1.5.1 beta is updated for jEdit 4.5 and later
Question about main Text Area Syntax Highlighting details.
Submitted by Zachary1234 on Monday, 23 January, 2012 - 09:48
I have changed the white text background to black, and the text colour to green.

-I notice that round braces ()
and curled braced {}
don't show up visually at all. How May I change this?

-Is there a compile button and or a run button inside jEdit?
Can not start cygwin shells from Console
Submitted by rovf on Tuesday, 24 January, 2012 - 12:34
I have a Console (System) window on Windows 7. From there, I can easily open a Windows command shell by typing "cmd". However if I invoke a Cygwin zsh or bash, this hangs forever.

I invoked them like this:

zsh -i
bash --login

The same happens, if I first create a cmd shell from jEdit console, and from *this* invoke zsh or bash.

Doing the same from a "normal" Windows CMD console works well. I wonder what special environment the jEdit console creates, so that the Cygwin shells don't work.
Nor BufferTabs or FTP will install!
Submitted by ImNew on Friday, 27 January, 2012 - 14:56
I downloaded jEdit and I did not do any adjustments, I went directly to the plugins and tried to install them but this came:

Plugin Error:
Error while downloading the plugin, please try another mirror

What does it mean and is there a fix for it?
pl-sql edit mode file for ORACLE (pl-sql.xml vv1.2 by Berthold58)
Submitted by Berthold58 on Monday, 30 January, 2012 - 08:24
pl-sql edit mode file for ORACLE (pl-sql.xml v1.2 30.01.2012 by berthold58)
jEdit 4.5.0 is out!
Submitted by Vampire on Tuesday, 31 January, 2012 - 01:52
Hi all,

I proudly present jEdit 4.5.0, the first stable release of the 4.5 series of jEdit.

Detailed changes can as always be found in the Change Log attached in the end of this email, but here are some of the major features of this version:
  • Performance improvements, as well as a "large file" mode for handling extra large files.
  • Edit using Elastic tabstops, set from Global Options - Editing, Buffer Options, or via buffer-local properties.
  • Lots of old deprecated APIs were removed. Some plugins may be broken as a result.
  • Choose color ordering for subpixel antialiasing (Global Options - Text Area - Anti-Aliased Smoothed Text) (Feature #2989209).
  • Desktop System Tray icon to indicate when jEdit is running (Feature #1657143).
  • It is now possible to switch look and feel without restarting jEdit.
  • It is possible to specify a FILE_NAME_GLOB for an edit mode based on the full path (see entry for apacheconf mode in modes/catalog for an example) (Feature #2557712).
  • File System Browser can now open files in desktop, using desktop filename associations to launch another program.
  • Plugin Manager Enhancements, filter field, bugs fixed.
Volunteers are always welcome to contribute to the future of jEdit:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=devel

That being said, here is the download link:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download

FYI, merge requests for the 4.5 series (fix done, but waiting for a review) can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=588&atid=1235750&status=1&artgroup=2274635

Have fun with the new release.
XML Plugin : validation of xsi namespace
Submitted by emilise on Thursday, 9 February, 2012 - 10:24
Hello, I am using the XML plugin and every time I open files using the xsi namespace, errors are shown. Sample file : Error found : cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'TransactionRequestType' to a type definition for element 'Transaction' This is just a sample, my real files use a custom namespace and schema, this schema validates ok but I always get the @xsi:type errors I also use Oxygen and these files and the @xsi:type are validated with no problem there. This only happens with the xsi namespace, not with other custom defined namespaces. I don't really know how to handle this. I have found that the xsi schema should be defined in the parser and can not be manually overriden, so I can't find a workaround for this... Thanks for any advice.
print page setup: measurements in mm
Submitted by rovf on Friday, 10 February, 2012 - 10:05
When setting up the page, measurements for the margins must be entered in inch. I suggest that it should be possible to enter these measurements are entered in mm.
XML open and close tag highlight
Submitted by yookoala on Sunday, 12 February, 2012 - 07:01
Hi all,

I have been using jEdit for quite some years. There is a feature I need but I don't know how to enable it.

I'm a PHP developer. There are many HTML jobs involved in my code. I want to see the closing tag when my cursor is on the open one (and the other way round). I found that jEdit can do that sometimes. But after some time, the feature seems to be gone. I couldn't figure out how to keep that feature in place.

Can anybody tell me how? What modules should I install? What modules should I NOT install? Do I need to do any configuration?
how to manually change syntax highlighting from menu
Submitted by masuch on Monday, 13 February, 2012 - 01:05
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to change manually syntax highlighting to get immediate syntax colouring changes (no reload , no restart).
(This behaviour has notepad++, kate, gedit and many other editors.).
Does exist any plugin/s ?
How to do it ?
For instance it would be useful if I have mix of different programming languages in one file or if I need to quickly change syntax highlighting.

Thank you for any kind of help.
Regards,
Martin
New WhiteSpace Plugin Dialog
Submitted by akovia on Wednesday, 15 February, 2012 - 00:46
I wanted to create a custom button to launch this dialog, but there is no action entry in the tool bar or menu editors. I compared the actions.xml of this and the seesions's plugins as they both launch dialog boxes, but I wasn't able to figure anything out.

Is this by design?
text url encode decode plugin?
Submitted by jbrave on Saturday, 18 February, 2012 - 19:45
Is there a plugin that would let me highlight a string and urldecode it or vice versa?

Thanks.

- Joel
Julia edit mode (julia.xml vbeta by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 21:56
Edit mode for Julia (http://julialang.org).
Julia edit mode (julia.xml vbeta2 by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 22:31

Updated on 02/19/2012 - 22:31
Downloads: 1277

Julia edit mode (julia.xml vbeta3 by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 05:38

Updated on 02/20/2012 - 05:38
Downloads: 1526

French translation
Submitted by jojaba67 on Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 15:15
Hello,

I know there are pro and contra for translation, but I'm more comfortable when the UI is in French when I work on a text editor or another application. So, since a couple of years, I try to translate my favourite text editor, jEdit. Now that 4.5.0 has been released, I submitted a new version of this translation : http://jojaba.free.fr/?/Traductions-diverses/Traduction-jEdit2 (sorry, the page is in french ;p ).

I would like to ask for some technical advises since I don't have real knowledge on how handling java files, especially *. properties files.
I would like to know if I had to remove some datas from the translated file to have it work properly for the upcomming versions. I wonder, for example, if I have to remove the following lines (and other lines that has not to be translated) :
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
# Plugin activation hooks
defer=false
startup=true

I also translated some plugins : http://jojaba.free.fr/?/Traductions-diverses/Traduction-jEdit3
In this case, should I remove for example this code for the beauty plugin :
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.activate=defer
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.name=Beauty
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.author=Dale Anson
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.version=0.7.0
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.docs=docs/index.html
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.depend.0=jdk 1.6
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.depend.1=jedit 04.03.99.00
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.depend.2=plugin CommonControlsPlugin 1.2
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.usePluginHome=true

I put the translated files into the /properties/ folder in installation folder of jEdit

Thanks a lot for your help. Smiling
User login
Browse archives
« January 2012 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82338