jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
add a line to every line in a file?
Submitted by jbrave on Tuesday, 8 May, 2012 - 03:14
I want to take a text file which is a program source, and insert a print statement after each line, for example if line 1 is:

x=5

then insert
print "line 1: x=5"

so that when a program crashes hard (as in, the system reboots before I can see what happened) at least I can see the last line that executed.

Is there some kind of macro or plugin that I can use to do things like that?

Thanks.

- Joel
Error_Message_When_Large_File_Handeling
Submitted by sanjeevpc on Tuesday, 8 May, 2012 - 14:19
When large input data are entered in a new file, the heap gets out space and displays an beanshellerror message which is not user friendly message. Also in the the beanshellerror message the text is typable.

Expected Results:
Appropriate user friendly error message should be appeared and in the error message text should not be typable.

Test Enviroment: OS: Windows 7, 64-bit
Filename_Appeared_After_Printing
Submitted by sanjeevpc on Tuesday, 8 May, 2012 - 14:32
When a file is printed, the filename also appears at the top of the page.

Expected Result: Application should be able to send the print command which should print only the contents of a file

Test Enviroment: Windows 7, 64-bit
Error_Message_Doesn't_Fit_To_Screen
Submitted by sanjeevpc on Tuesday, 8 May, 2012 - 15:08
If multiple files with different files format is opened then an error message appears that does not fit to screen.

Expected Results: The list of error message should be able to fit on screen so that user can click on OK button.

Test Enviroment: OS: Windows 7, 64-bit
font size of tags plugin dialog
Submitted by wkevils on Thursday, 10 May, 2012 - 18:04
Hi,
I used to have and use quite and old release of JEdit (4.2.0)
I am trying now latest 4.5.3.
I am not satisfied with the font size of tags plugin dialog - it is to much large
in my feeling. In the previous JEdit I used (4.2) It was ok.
Is there a way to make this font smaller ?
rgs,
Kevin
Using java2d.noddraw on Windows
Submitted by exxa on Friday, 11 May, 2012 - 16:29
Using jEdit causes my GPU to leave its idle state. This eventually causes it to heat up, which causes the fan to increase in speed. Really not something that's necessary when doing editing. I saw a way to disable 2d acceleration, which in the past has cured this. However, I notice this version of jEdit no longer launches from the .bat file, but has a "jEdit.exe." How do I pass -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true when jEdit starts?
how to Clear the clipboard ??
Submitted by DoctorSea on Monday, 14 May, 2012 - 02:29
I am trying to write a macro that clears the clipboard. This is most important to me.
I tried

a = "";
textArea.setSelection(a);
Registers.copy(textArea,'$');

and a variety of other textArea methods(viewable online) but nothing I can find helps. What am I missing ?
How does one clear the clipboard ? Any ideas anyone? Please?
how to Clear the clipboard ??
Submitted by DoctorSea on Monday, 14 May, 2012 - 11:36
I am trying to write a macro that clears the clipboard. This is most important to me.
I tried

a = "";
textArea.setSelection(a);
Registers.copy(textArea,'$');

and a variety of other textArea methods(viewable online) but nothing I can find helps. What am I missing ?
How does one clear the clipboard ? Any ideas anyone? Please?
Strange Behavior with Shift-C
Submitted by Cheruvim on Tuesday, 15 May, 2012 - 15:00
Not sure how this happened or how to reproduce it, however, in Jedit and only in Jedit, when I push shift-C It doesn't type a 'C' (which I just typed here on the same machine, a macbook pro OS 10.6). The strange thing is if I type shit-C in succession or if I type shift-C and then another key, I get a system beep.

What the heck is going on? Where on earth did Jedit get that mapped?
Data Collection problem for concept location research on Jedit
Submitted by komail on Thursday, 17 May, 2012 - 07:47
Hi there,
I'm doing my research on concept location area and I want to chose Jedit as
my case study. I need the complete data of the source code repository with
the log commit messages, bug and features.
The problems are:
1. The source code repository is in three different type of source control
repository(CVS, SVN, Git)
2. I want to find/recommend the accurate location for the features and bugs
in the source code and regarding to the conversation in
"http://jedit.9.n6.nabble.com/jEdit-users-jedit-source-code-repository-td4501575.html",
I don't know what should I do with this code distribution problem.
3. There isn't any link in the bugs and features web page to download them.
4. I need the whole list of the Jedit developers. After a long search, I
found a list of developer in
"http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=588" but I don't
know is this correct and also there isn't any link to download the list.

thanks for your help, with the best regards
Autoindent in jEdit help
Submitted by groland on Saturday, 19 May, 2012 - 16:51
I am brand new to jEdit, and I am using it to write code in java. I thought it auto-indented when typing, so that code blocks would be correctly indented. I cannot get it set up properly to do this.

How is this accomplished?

Thanks,

George

MacBook Pro, Mas OS X 10.6.8
PHP Getters / Setters (PHP_Get_and_Set_Methods.bsh v1.0 by Thomas Van Steenwinkel)
Submitted by jvgamers on Monday, 21 May, 2012 - 14:01
This macro allow you to generate Getters / Setters and Constructor for PHP File. It is based on official Get and Set Methods for Java, improved for PHP use.
jEdit syntax highligthing
Submitted by Paula17 on Wednesday, 23 May, 2012 - 16:34
Hi,

I'm using textArea of jEdit in my application but I'm only interested in using assembly and c language. I've seen there are several types of assembly language. I'm interested in assembly language for ARM7TDMI. Which one of these languages would be the correct or the best to this kind of ARM? Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Carla
How can I capitalize first letter of a line and lowercase the rest?
Submitted by speedracer on Thursday, 24 May, 2012 - 05:32
I want to select a line of text and convert all of it to lower case except for the first letter, which I want to be converted to upper case, if it isn't already. Is there a macro to do this? All I've been able to find is the macro that capitalizes the first letter of every word, which is no good for my needs. Any help will be appreciated.
GdbPlugin for jEdit 4.5+ (GdbPlugin.jar v0.5 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Thursday, 24 May, 2012 - 11:40
GdbPlugin for jEdit 4.5+
Problem in file opening window
Submitted by jmmalmedy on Thursday, 24 May, 2012 - 11:52
Hi, In the file browser window, when I double-click the "roots" item, "loading" is briefly displayed but the files and directories list is never updated. If I then click the "refresh" button, the following error is reported: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSDirectoryEntryTable.getExpandedDirectories(VFSDirectoryEntryTable.java:146) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserView.saveExpansionState(BrowserView.java:147) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSBrowser.reloadDirectory(VFSBrowser.java:648) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Reflect.java:134) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Reflect.java:80) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:855) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:75) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:362) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:258) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:186) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade.runCachedBlock(BeanShellFacade.java:225) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:423) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:73) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSBrowser$BrowserActionContext.invokeAction(VFSBrowser.java:1988) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSBrowser$BrowserActionContext.invokeAction(VFSBrowser.java:1952) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:212) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSFileChooserDialog._init(VFSFileChooserDialog.java:363) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSFileChooserDialog.(VFSFileChooserDialog.java:73) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSFileChooserDialog.(VFSFileChooserDialog.java:57) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.GUIUtilities.showVFSFileDialog(GUIUtilities.java:940) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Reflect.java:134) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:98) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:871) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:75) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:362) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:258) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:186) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade.runCachedBlock(BeanShellFacade.java:225) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:423) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:73) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:342) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$4.invokeAction(jEdit.java:3249) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$4.invokeAction(jEdit.java:3231) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:212) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) The same problem happens in the File System Browser window. I've tried to reinstall jEdit (last version) and to delete all parameters but it does not solve the problem. Is there a way to avoid this problem, please? Thanks in advance.
Help! Can't get Python syntax highlighting to work
Submitted by kcstrom on Friday, 25 May, 2012 - 12:34
At work, others like to strip off the .py on some python files which wouldn't be a big deal, except they also have '#! python' instead of the more normal pattern of something like '#! /usr/bin/env python'. So I changed the /path/to/my/jedit/settings/catalog file to have a copy/paste of the python file mode from the /path/to/jedit/install/settings/modes/catalog file except I removed '*/' from the FIRST_LINE_GLOB so it would match both the normal and the less normal that is used at my work.

That was great - it now recognizes both file types as python. Unfortunately, I no longer have syntax highlighting for the Python edit mode. I've undone my changes, and updated from Python 4.5.0 to 4.5.1 just to make sure I hadn't modified the original catalog or did something else weird (I'm pretty sure I didn't anyway), but syntax highlighting for Python is still broken.

Please help!
OpenSCAD (scad.xml vbeta1 by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Friday, 1 June, 2012 - 03:29
OpenSCAD (http://www.openscad.org/) catalog line:
Tabbed windows
Submitted by Bannakaffalatta on Saturday, 2 June, 2012 - 13:09
Hi. Is there a way to have multiple files open in the same window with tabs? The way it is now you have to click the bar at the top that has the name of the current file and you see a drop down list of the other files. I would like them displayed in tabs instead. Thanks in advance.

KP>
jEdit 5.0pre1 is out!
Submitted by Vampire on Sunday, 10 June, 2012 - 19:25
Hi all,

jEdit development team now presents jEdit 5.0pre1, the first preview
development release of the 5.0.x series of jEdit.

Detailed changes can as always be found in the Change Log at http://jedit.org/CHANGES50.txt

Here are some convenient links to see the live state of major problems:

- Bugs which are marked as "severe":
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=588&atid=100588&status=1&artgroup=101607

- Bugs which are marked as "regressive":
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=588&atid=100588&status=1&artgroup=619797

Volunteers are always welcome to fix bugs including the above:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=devel

That being said, here is the download link:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download

FYI, merge requests for the 5.0.x series (fix done, but waiting for a review):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=588&atid=1235750&status=1&artgroup=2546309

Have fun with the new release.
User login
Browse archives
« May 2012 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82338