jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
Select_Word.bsh v1.0 by AhLeung Cheng
Submitted by ahlearn on Sunday, 21 December, 2014 - 07:01
Replace the built-in textArea.selectWord() which may select non-word characters even if there is a word on the left of the caret
Select contents in between parentheses (excluding parentheses) (Select_Contents_in_Parentheses.bsh v1.0 by AhLeung Cheng)
Submitted by ahlearn on Sunday, 21 December, 2014 - 08:51

Updated on 12/21/2014 - 08:51
Downloads: 3530

Ubuntu Trusty won't let me set Jedit as a default editor
Submitted by jeditcdnguy on Saturday, 27 December, 2014 - 21:14
It doesn't show up as an application in either 'open with'->'other Applications'

or

'properties->'open with'

Also, I can't browse for it.

Any ideas, please?
Select_All_or_Lines.bsh v1.0 by AhLeung Cheng
Submitted by ahlearn on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 19:43
If no selection, then select all. Otherwise, select the whole lines for all selected lines.
Open_Copied_Path.bsh v1.0 by AhLeung Cheng
Submitted by ahlearn on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 19:47
Open the file with its path copied to the clipboard
Select line (Select_Line.bsh v1.0 by AhLeung Cheng)
Submitted by ahlearn on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 22:10
Select line - Repeat to select next lines. Suggested shortcut: C+l
Mark Lines in Find & Replace
Submitted by CJreige on Thursday, 5 February, 2015 - 21:06
I would like request a useful feature that I've seen in other editors.

In the Search and Replace dialogue, I'd like to have a 'Mark Lines' button along with the Find, Replace, Replace All, buttons. This feature would mark the lines for all occurrences of the 'Search for' expression.

Thanks
Quick Multi Select
Submitted by CJreige on Thursday, 5 February, 2015 - 21:17
Here is a feature that I've seen in another editor that's really useful. I would like to add a feature to the multi-selection that makes it quick to select all the instances of a particular word. Now, a double-click on a word selects that word. I want to be able to CTRL-DoubleClick to multi-select all instances of that word.

This would be a quick way to replace all instances of the chosen word: CTRL-DoubleClick then start typing to replace them all at the same time.
Retina display problem with Mac OS X package
Submitted by Gregory on Sunday, 22 February, 2015 - 19:18
I have a problem with getting fonts to display smoothly on the Retina screen on my Macbook Pro. When I install jEdit (currently 5.2.0) using the Mac OS package, the installation goes fine, but when I then launch the application by clicking on jEdit.app (or, within the package on Contents/MacOS/jedit), the fonts are rendered with terrible anti-aliasing problems. These are unaffected by changes to the relevant Global Options.

However, when I launch the application by clicking on the jedit.jar, found inside the package at Contents/Java/jedit.jar), font resolution is perfect. But of course, launching the application this way loses the benefits of having jEdit packaged like a native Mac app. I don't understand why these two methods give different results where resolution is concerned.

I'm not sure how the Mac package is compiled, so I can't fix this myself. Any suggestions of what I can do or who I might contact?

Thanks,
Gregory
Hyper-search all .txt files in home dir (HyperSearch_in_Home_Dir.bsh v1 by AhLeung Cheng)
Submitted by ahlearn on Sunday, 12 April, 2015 - 17:41

Updated on 04/12/2015 - 17:41
Downloads: 3276

jEdit 5.2.0 is out!
Submitted by Vampire on Thursday, 16 April, 2015 - 02:12
Hello everyone,

I proudly present jEdit 5.2.0, the first stable release of the 5.2 series of jEdit.

Detailed changes can as always be found in the Change Log at http://jedit.org/CHANGES52.txt

Volunteers are always welcome to contribute to the future of jEdit:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=devel

That being said, here is the download link:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download

FYI, merge requests for the 5.2 series (fix done, but waiting for a review) can be found at:
https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/merge-requests/milestone/for%205.2.x/

Have fun with the new release.
Where/How to submit bug reports?
Submitted by dsmith on Friday, 15 May, 2015 - 15:07
OK, so the subtitle comment on the forum says that bug reports don't belong here, but the SourceForge bug tracker won't let me submit a bug report without being authorised by the project admin. So, how do I submit a bug report?
copy and paste
Submitted by jhuang22 on Sunday, 14 June, 2015 - 09:25
I have used jEdit to create web code file in HTML for several years. I met this problem recently and do not know why. When I copy a paragraph and try to paste in jEdit, the whole paragraph become one long line. I paste the same thing to other text editor like Microsoft word or open office writer, it do not have this problem. I do not have this problem in jEdit before, I even can not remember when this problem started.

Please help.
Caret move to first/last visible line bug?
Submitted by jhaefner on Wednesday, 17 June, 2015 - 05:26
Hi,
I use ubuntu 14.04 lts, jEdit version 5.1
$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_79"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.5) (7u79-2.5.5-0ubuntu0.14.04.2)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

I have strange behavior of caret moves near the top and bottom of visible lines. Specifically, "go to first visible line" goes to the fourth from the top, and "go to last visible line" goes to the 4th from bottom. Further, "go to next line down", when within the top 4 visible lines jumps to the 4th line. It works correctly when the caret is positioned w/in the middleof the text.

Any one else see this?
Sidekick parser
Submitted by zslevi on Monday, 29 June, 2015 - 14:01
How can I create a new Sidekick parser? Can I do it from Beanshell, or does it have to be Java?

This is all the docs I have found:

http://plugins.jedit.org/plugindoc/SideKick/#implement-sidekick-parser

But most of the links don't work.
FTP plugin not displaying remote files, error message
Submitted by kristenannie on Monday, 3 August, 2015 - 19:05
I have used the FTP plugin for years to work on files remotely and now I get this error when I try to connect: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jcraft.jsch.Session.setConfig(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V at ftp.SFtpConnection.(SFtpConnection.java:136) at ftp.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:524) at ftp.FtpVFS.getConnection(FtpVFS.java:529) at ftp.FtpVFS._canonPath(FtpVFS.java:199) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.ListDirectoryBrowserTask._run(ListDirectoryBrowserTask.java:73) at org.gjt.sp.util.Task.run(Task.java:64) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) I am using Jedit 5.2 and jdk 8.51. All of this started happening after I upgraded my Mac to Yosemite and had to install Java 6 to keep an older version of Photoshop running. I uninstalled Java 6 after I upgraded my version of photoshop and installed Java 8, but the FTP plugin in Jedit has never worked the same since then and I am going crazy. Please help! Thanks Kristen
Console hangs, OS X 10.10.4
Submitted by SpiceWare on Monday, 10 August, 2015 - 14:22
Haven't used jEdit in a couple months. This weekend I went to work on a project and whenever I'd try to use the console plugin, jEdit would hang.

I suspect it's due to something that changed with OS X 10.10.4. Any ideas?
Column Ruler 1.0.3 things zero = +4
Submitted by Phrawm48 on Thursday, 20 August, 2015 - 23:52
------ For jEdit 5.2.0, Column Ruler 1.0.3 With the insertion point at the leftmost "zero" position in the editor window, Column Ruler 1.0.3 places the red position indicator at position four. Double-clicking Column Ruler position zero offers the user to place a mark at minus-4. Screenshot available on request Cheers & thanks, Riley SFO
Vertical indent lines
Submitted by Bannakaffalatta on Saturday, 22 August, 2015 - 14:43
Hi. How do I get rid of the vertical lines a that appear to mark a block of indented code? Thanks.

KP>
Jedit doesn't start - no error messages
Submitted by DocDJ on Wednesday, 9 September, 2015 - 13:27
My system is Windows 10 Pro X64. Yesterday, I did a Java update and now Jedit won't start. I downloaded a new version (so now I have 2: 1 in Program Files and 1 in program files (x86)). Neither one works (jedit.exe). I also tried javaw -jar jedit.jar from a command prompt inside the jedit directory. Same results: no error messages. Program does not show up in Task Manager although when I installed the newest version using the Windows installer it said it would try to stop a running copy (which I couldn't find). The version in progfiles (x86) was installed using the java installer. But if I have a wrong version of java, shouldn't I get an error message of "some" kind?
User login
Browse archives
« December 2014 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82338