jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Koders Search (Koders_Search.bsh v3.1 by Thorsten Willert)
Submitted by Thorsten Willert on Wednesday, 11 June, 2008 - 14:59
Searches on www.koders.com (a free on-line search engine for open source software and other web-downloadable code) for a term you can type in into the macros-gui or it searches for the word under the cursor and opens the result in a browser window.

On Windows is this the default one, on any others system the InfoViewer.
Insert simple Date (Insert_simple_Date.bsh v1.0 by Robert Schwenn)
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Sunday, 1 June, 2008 - 20:37
Inserts current date in simple format "01.06.2008" at caret position.
LineFilter (LineFilter.bsh v1.3 by Robert Schwenn)
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Tuesday, 29 January, 2008 - 21:07
The macro filters lines of a buffer due to a provided regular expression.

The filter actions are: remove in current buffer or write to a new buffer.
The filter is applied on: matching or not matching lines
The filter works on: the whole buffer or the selection (if it spans over mor than one line)

Based on the following macros: Retain_Or_Remove_Lines. by Jia Zhiming, Grep_Buffer.bsh and Reverse_Grep_Buffer.bsh by Robert Fletcher

Sort_Lines.bsh v1.0 by Pascal Dal Farra
Submitted by pdfneuro on Monday, 13 December, 2004 - 09:11
Sort_Lines.bsh a BeanShell macro for the jEdit text editor which is able to sort lines in ascending/descending order. Available options are
  • Remove duplicated lines
  • Ignore case sorting
ReadOnly_Buffer.bsh v1.0 by codi
Submitted by codi on Saturday, 5 June, 2004 - 22:22
This macro will set current buffer to read-only mode without changing file flag on hard disc so another user can access that file in read-write mode. Another call will unset buffer read-only flag. requires JDK 1.4, jEdit4.2 This is 1.0 version, tested on Win2K, Jedit 4.2pre14 and jdk1.4.2_02.
Macro to sort lines like in Ultraedit updated (Sort_Lines.bsh v1.1 by Pascal Dal Farra)
Submitted by pdfneuro on Wednesday, 15 December, 2004 - 17:12
Hi, Here is an update of the sorting macros This macro is able to sort lines in ascending/descending order. Available options are
  • Remove duplicated lines
  • Ignore case sorting
Enjoy Smiling
Upper/Lower/Invert/Capitalize Case Macros WHITHOUT unselecting text (CaseMacros.zip v1.0 by Pascal Dal Farra)
Submitted by pdfneuro on Wednesday, 15 December, 2004 - 17:25
4 separated macro that allows to change word case of selected text WHITHOUT unselecting text:
  • - Upper Case
  • - Lower Case
  • - Invert Case
  • - Capitalize Case
Enjoy :-)
iEdit Launcher-like program (doesn't need .NET) (windows_runjedit.zip v1.0 by Kuba)
Submitted by malyvelky on Saturday, 5 February, 2005 - 15:00
Do you miss jEditLauncher? Use RunjEdit!

PURPOSE
--------
This tiny program runs jEdit and gives it over any command-line parameter such as filenames. You can use it to open files in jEdit. For example you can associate some file extension such as .java with it or you can create a link to it from your directory C:\Documents and Settings\\SendTo so that you can open any file in it via the context menu "Send To".

It runs jEdit with the option -reuseview thus opening a file in an existing instance of jEdit unless jEdit is not yet running.

REQUIREMENTS
-------------
1. The program must be in the same directory as jedit.jar because it looks there for it (unpack the zip and move runjedit.exe to wherever your jEdit is.
2. You Java executable must be named javaw.exe and it must be on the system %PATH%

(To modify the PATH variable right-click on "My Computer" on the desktop and select "Properties". In the System Properties window click on the "Advanced" tab. In the Advanced section click the "Environment Variables" button. If you're an Admin edit the variable PATH otherwise add a new user variable called PATH with the value (modified for your computer):
C:\my\path\to\dir\with\javaw.exe;%PATH%
and log out and back in again.)

3. Runjedit have only been tested under Windows 2000/XP but hopefully it runs elsewhere too.

DEVELOPMENT
------------
Runjedit was developed with Dev-C++ but except for the icon it's an ordinary C++ program not bound to Dev-C++.

BUGS
-----
If you find any bugs let me know to maly.velky@email.cz

PS: I've realized that somebody else has published something similar a few days ago and it might be better but since it requires .NET I do release this for those who haven't it.
Cherrypy mode (cherrypy.xml v0.4 by MV)
Submitted by mv on Saturday, 3 April, 2004 - 16:12
Fully compatible with Cherrypy syntax. See www.cherrypy.org
BBCode edit mode (bbcode.xml v1.0 by matejkaf)
Submitted by matejkaf on Thursday, 29 May, 2008 - 11:34
Edit mode for BBCode (Bulletin Board Code). Please add the following line to modes/catalog file: <MODE NAME="bbcode" FILE="bbcode.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.bbcode" /> The file extension "bbcode" is something I just choose, don't know whether it is in use.
F# Edit mode (fsharp.xml v0.0.1 by Nicolas Vallée)
Submitted by gorgonite on Monday, 12 May, 2008 - 21:12
It's just a simple fork of another edit mode made for OCaml :
http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/1269

I made some changes :
  • I put in another color the keyworks of OCaml, which shouldn't be used in F#
  • I added a support for the commands like #light, #use, etc
  • I changed some functions/modules colorations which aren't in F# core library
My work isn't good enough, but I wish people would improve it :)
Remove Trailing WhiteSpaces (remove-trailing-ws.bsh v1.0 by Robert Schwenn)
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Friday, 2 May, 2008 - 21:34
This macro removes trailing WhiteSpaces of selected lines (as the action with same name does). In contrast, if no selection is present, all lines are processed.
Block fill with text or numbers (Block_fill.bsh v1.1 by Robert Schwenn)
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Saturday, 26 January, 2008 - 00:01
Differences to the block-fill feature of TextTools Plugin:

1. No choice to overwrite or not the selection. Instead, the selected text is deleted and the new text is inserted with it's full length.
2. Improved performance on large selections because of:
- Removed support for multiple selections
- Removed support for tab handling

Textmate-like SVN popup menu (Popup SVN Menu.bsh v0.9 by k3rni)
Submitted by k3rni on Tuesday, 22 April, 2008 - 21:00
Designed for use with SVNPlugin. After installing, assign a keystroke (preferably Ctrl-Shift-A, same as in Textmate) to it. When pressed, SVNPlugin's context menu with the most common operations (add, update, revert, commit, resolve etc.) pops up, in relative proximity to the cursor, which is probably the spot that your eyes are already focused on. The items have keyboard shortcuts (digits 1-5, same as in Textmate again) in order to speed up navigation. Thus, e.g. a commit is CS-a, 4. Known bugs:
  • After one use, it steals the SVNPlugin menu from the textarea's context menu, which causes it to mess up, by still having the "Subversion" submenu item, but refusing to show the actual submenu. In order to avoid that, this macro removes that submenu from the textarea's context menu, making it available only on keystroke.
Stata 9 and 10 edit mode v2.5.1 (stata.xml v2.5.1 by Original by Glenn Hoetker, updated by Jesse Hamner)
Submitted by soapbox on Friday, 28 July, 2006 - 15:44
The original was really written for Stata 7, it appears, and Stata is up to version 10 now. I modified and added some keywords and broke the keywords into a few more categories. I've been working on cleaning it up and adding keywords (feedback encouraged, see xml file for contact info).

Version 2.5.1 brings more graphing keywords, and some improvements in the "programming" keywords of the mode. The dissertation is taking more of my time right now, so I apologize for the slow updates.

Thanks to those who contacted me about feature requests. Those requests are included or ongoing (adding all the programming keywords will take a while, and I'm already working on all the survival-model keywords).

As before, thanks to Glenn Hoetker for the first version.

NB: Stata 10 was released June 25 2007 and has a bunch of new features. I'm still working on all the commands and will continue to expand the edit mode functionality to include Stata 10's new functions.

Toggle Line Comment (Toggle_Line_Comment.bsh v1.5 by John Gellene)
Submitted by goebbe on Wednesday, 6 February, 2008 - 13:40
The title says it all. This highly useful macro has once been part of the default install of Jedit. Since the macro is missing in recent development versions of Jedit and I couldn't find it in the internet I decided to upload the file here, for the purpose of conservation. All credit to John Gellene. In recent versions of Jedit (4.3pre13 and later) the GnuRegexp-plugin is required for this macro. Similar functionality is provided by the TextTools-plugin.
Duplicate and Increment (Duplicate_and_Increment.bsh v0.1 by Gael Ecorchard (galou))
Submitted by galou on Wednesday, 12 March, 2008 - 14:43
Duplicate the line at the caret incrementing the numbers Example: variable1 = tmpvar1 ; will become var1 = tmpvar1 ; var2 = tmpvar2 ; A list a characters after which no implementation should occur can be given Suggested shortcut CS+L
Select the current buffer's file in windows explorer (Show_in_WindowsExplorer.bsh v1.2 by Robert Schwenn)
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Saturday, 4 February, 2006 - 18:48
Only for windows machines: Starts Windows explorer and selects the current buffer's file there.

Last update: bugfix (unwanted message was shown)

SIMATIC S7 Edit-Mode (German Version) (S7_jEdit.zip v0.1 by Thorsten Willert)
Submitted by Thorsten Willert on Thursday, 28 February, 2008 - 09:06
A simple SIMATIC S7 Edit-Mode for S7 source-codes. German version only.
Includes a S7-library for XInsert.
AutoIt Full Version 3 Support Mode (au3.xml v1.0 by M. Bayley)
Submitted by MikeB55 on Thursday, 28 February, 2008 - 05:21
This is a full implementation of a mode file for the AutoIt scripting language. Full syntax support for code folding, user defined variables, user defined functions, etc.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348