jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
jEditLauncher needs a new maintainer
Submitted by slava on Friday, 7 February, 2003 - 17:54
The jEditLauncher package (used to start jEdit and integrate it with the shell on Windows) is no longer being developed by its original author, John Gellene, and it needs a new maintainer. Anybody willing to take over? It is written in C++ using the Win32 API.
CodeAid is on the road, and a beta is already here!!
Submitted by maeste on Tuesday, 4 February, 2003 - 16:56
CodeAid for jEdit 4.1 will be released soon. You can find the current CVS version packaged as jars on my site:

http://www.javalinux.it

Download 4 jars, put it on jars directory and configure Jane and CodeAid in global options.

Give me feedback on the mailing lists.
jEdit 4.1pre9 now available
Submitted by slava on Wednesday, 29 January, 2003 - 01:42
jEdit 4.1pre9 is now available. This release features improved syntax highlighting and a whole heap of bug fixes. If you're still using jEdit 4.0, please give 4.1 a go and report any problems you find so it can be ultra-stable by the time it gets to 4.1final.
Plugin Central updates (6)
Submitted by mdillon on Tuesday, 21 January, 2003 - 16:08

• AntelopePlugin 2.25: bug fixes; feature enhancements; requires jEdit 4.0pre1, Console 3.3, ErrorList 1.2, CommonControls 0.7, and JDK 1.4

• EBrowse 0.5.3: initial Plugin Central release; requires jEdit 4.1pre1, Console 3.3, and JDK 1.3

• IRC 1.9.1: changed default server to irc.freenode.net; requires jEdit 4.0final and JDK 1.3

• ProjectViewer 1.0.6: jEdit4.1 look & feel enhancements; bug fixes; small feature enhancments; requires jEdit 4.1pre1 and JDK 1.3

• XML 0.10: includes Xerces 2.2.1; element completion supports namespaces and schemas (schema support is still somewhat experimental and incomplete); completion popups now include entries for inserting comments and
Build a Web Service Analyzer using XSLT and jEdit
Submitted by Brad Mace on Friday, 17 January, 2003 - 01:06
Ammai.com has released a tutorial on how to build a Web Service analyzer using XSLT. This tutorial will use the power of XSLT and WSDL documents to build a Web Service analyzer that will report the operations, parameters, and description of a Web Service. Best of all, it uses the latest jEdit and the XSLT Plugin throughout the tutorial. You will learn how to transform and use the XPath tool in jEdit. What are you waiting for, click here to read it now!
Helpful plugin debugging aid
Submitted by slava on Tuesday, 14 January, 2003 - 20:09
I don't think many jEdit developers know about this trick.

It is very useful for tracking down plugin bugs in a live jEdit instance.

After calling this BeanShell code:
setAccessibility(true);
You can manipulate any private, protected or package-private variable or method.
Plugin Central updates (6)
Submitted by mdillon on Tuesday, 14 January, 2003 - 15:54
This evening, I have released the latest batch of jEdit plugins. This release consists of one new plugin (HeadlinePlugin 1.0.2) and five updates. Except for Console 3.4, all of these plugins work with both jEdit 4.0 and 4.1.
jEdit 4.1pre8 now available
Submitted by slava on Saturday, 11 January, 2003 - 05:33
jEdit 4.1pre8 is now available. This release features improvements in syntax highlighting, auto indent, documentation, and soft wrap scrolling performance. A number of bugs have been fixed too.
More Plugin Central updates (3)
Submitted by mdillon on Wednesday, 8 January, 2003 - 23:59
A couple of the packages released yesterday had problems (XSLT and JDiffPlugin), so I am releasing updated versions of them, along with a new version of CommonControls.
Plugin Central updates (10)
Submitted by mdillon on Wednesday, 8 January, 2003 - 03:30
A busy holiday season, my recent engagement to my girlfriend of five years, and an unexpected flu have distracted me from jEdit stuff for the last month, so this batch of 7 updated and 3 new plugins covers from December up to the present.
SSHTools library
Submitted by slava on Friday, 3 January, 2003 - 23:45
Check out SSHTools if you're looking for a good, pure Java implementation of the SSH2 protocol. The next version of the FTP plugin - due out very soon - will use this library to implement secure FTP.
Unofficial debian packages for last 4.1pre7 jEdit
Submitted by eloy on Thursday, 2 January, 2003 - 18:48
This package is built against j2sdk1.4 (1.4.0.99beta-1) taken from Blackbox Java. They work fine for me but remember: use at your own risk.
Plugins and 4.1final
Submitted by slava on Monday, 30 December, 2002 - 22:24
First of all, a number of plugins need to be updated for the new icon set; right now they either look out-of-place or icons don't show up at all. This includes AntFarm, Sessions, JBrowse, AntViz, and maybe others.

Also, I would really, really, like to see someone step up to either take over CodeAid and Jane, or start from scratch to write a code completion plugin that actually works.

I would also like to see ProjectViewer and Gruntspud improve to the point where they are usable for day-to-day work.
jEdit 4.1pre7 now available
Submitted by slava on Wednesday, 25 December, 2002 - 21:45
jEdit 4.1pre7 is now available. This release features some minor improvements, performance enhancements, and a lot of bug fixes.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Submitted by slava on Tuesday, 24 December, 2002 - 19:00
I hope the entire jEdit community has a great holiday season. Also, jEdit 4.1pre7 will be out within the next couple of days. After this, there will only be a few bug fix releases until jEdit 4.1final.
jEdit as a Swing component
Submitted by darius on Tuesday, 24 December, 2002 - 17:37
I just wondered whether it was possible (or even reasonable) to consider using jEdit or parts of it as a Swing component to be integrated in applications.

Slava says: look at syntax.jedit.org.
Freezes under Java 1.4.1 with Windows
Submitted by slava on Saturday, 14 December, 2002 - 22:57
This is turning into a FAQ, so I thought I'd post it on the community site. A lot of people have complained that jEdit can hard freeze their windows system after upgrading to Java 1.4.1. If you experience this, the problem is not with jEdit, but with your video driver. Updating the driver to the latest version should solve the problem; downgrading to Java 1.4.0 might also work.
A new toolset for creating web-based user interfaces with Java
Submitted by saolja on Friday, 13 December, 2002 - 16:27

Millstone is a user interface library for development of Internet and mobile-based applications with Java. It eases web-based application development, because it provides a wide set of reusable server side components for creation of user interfaces. It provides complete UI component framework utilizing XML and XSLT for terminal independency and themes.

The development model of Millstone is closely related to traditional client-side UI development model. It has a continuous application lifecycle and an extensive event model. Millstone also provides an interface for directly connecting UI components to business logic and data storage.

A plug-in to create GUI ? Why not ?
Submitted by warx on Friday, 13 December, 2002 - 16:22
I am new member of JEdit commuity and using JBuilder I noticed that with JEdit it is not possible to create GUI like JBuilder does.
Would that not be a good idea ?
jEdit wins Finalist Awards in XML-J 2002 Reader's Choice Awards!
Submitted by slava on Friday, 15 November, 2002 - 20:03
In other news, my computer has finally arrived in Canada (it was shipped by sea... then it got delayed...) and now I'm waiting for customs clearance. So very soon now, jEdit developement will once again resume at the frantic pace you all got used to at the start of the year.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348