jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Slava Pestov away until the end of July
Submitted by slava on Sunday, 23 June, 2002 - 06:26
I am leaving New Zealand on the 29th June. I will be in Australia until the 20th July. During this time I will have e-mail access, however I will not be doing any jEdit development. On the 21st July, I am going to Canada. Once I settle in, I will resume jEdit development.
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 1 January, 1970 - 00:00
n/a
Gruntspud CVS client plugin release 0.0.6-alpha
Submitted by tanktarta_magicthize on Saturday, 15 June, 2002 - 16:51
This release containes fixes for the :pserver problems, new actions such as Log (with a useful report dialog), Import, History, Erase. There are some extras such as a 'New Folder' action that creates a folder then adds it to CVS and a simple .cvsignore front end (although the filter is still rubbish). There is a 'Explorer' style view that can be used instead of the Files / Folders tab when there is more space available.

The toolbar is getting quite large now, so an 'All tools' button hasbeen added to help when docked in jEdit, but I'm not 100% happy with. Suggestions are welco
jEdit 4.1pre1 now available
Submitted by slava on Saturday, 15 June, 2002 - 10:08
Hot on the heels of the 4.0.3 release, the first pre-release in the 4.1 series is now available. Check out the change log; lots of new stuff here.
jEdit 4.0.3 now available
Submitted by slava on Saturday, 15 June, 2002 - 09:02
To make things easier for those on dialup, I have uploaded 2 unified diffs, one to patch the jEdit 4.0 source to 4.0.2, and the other to patch the 4.0.2 source to 4.0.3. They are only 10 Kb or so, so this beats having to download the whole package for each bug fix release, assuming you don't mind compiling from source, and using the appropriate tools to apply the patches.
Plugin Central updates
Submitted by mdillon on Saturday, 15 June, 2002 - 09:01

• CheckStylePlugin 0.1: initial Plugin Central release; CheckStylePlugin is a wrapper around the CheckStyle program that allows you to check your code for adherence of deviation from a Coding Standard; requires jEdit 4.0, ErrorList 1.2, and JDK 1.3; includes CheckStyle 2.2 and ANTLR (checkstyle-all-2.2.jar)

• JavaRefactor 0.0.3: added the ExtractMethod refactoring; updated for jEdit 4.0; requires jEdit 4.0pre1 and JDK 1.3; includes RECODER

• JSwatPlugin 1.2.0: updated for JSwat 2.4 and JPDA; requires jEdit 4.0pre7, CommonControls 0.2, and JDK 1.4; includes JSwat 2.4
J2SE 1.4.0_01 released
Submitted by slava on Monday, 10 June, 2002 - 00:11
Sun has released Java 2 Standard Edition, version 1.4.0_01. You can find a list of bug fixes here.
Post any comments you have about this release (good or bad) below.
Does anyone find the message boards useful?
Submitted by slava on Monday, 10 June, 2002 - 00:11
It seems the message boards section of this site is not being used very much, and I must admit I don't follow the postings much either. Perhaps this section should be shut down, and everyone encouraged to just use the mailing lists instead? Post your comments below.
Gruntspud - CVS Client plugin
Submitted by tanktarta_magicthize on Saturday, 8 June, 2002 - 18:43
Let me introduce Gruntspud ....
Gruntspud is a graphical CVS client that may be used either as a plugin to jEdit, or it may be used as a standalone application. It supports a variety of different connection methods including local, ext, pserver and server. About 50% of the main CVS commands are implemented, enough for it to be used for day-to-day stuff. Gruntspud is available for download at Sourceforge.
jEdit icon pack now available
Submitted by slava on Thursday, 6 June, 2002 - 04:06
A jEdit icon pack, containing various icons in a variety of sizes and formats, is now available from the Icons and Images page. Thanks to Kris Kopicki for contributing this.
Plugin Central updates
Submitted by slava on Tuesday, 4 June, 2002 - 06:32

• FastOpen 0.4.1: initial Plugin Central release; FastOpen is a plugin designed to quickly open any file in the currect project by just typing in the first few characters of the filename you want to open; added ProjectSwitcher to allow switching ProjectViewer projects from FastOpen (Warren Nicholls); added Current Project to window title; FastOpen window is no longer modal (Ken Wootton); ProjectViewer is now kept open if it is already open (Ken Wootton); invalid filenames are now highlighted in red; use with multiple views is now supported; requires jEdit 4.0pre1, ProjectViewer 1.0.2, and JDK 1.3
Plugin Central updates (5)
Submitted by slava on Tuesday, 28 May, 2002 - 06:53

• Console 3.3: file name completion when Tab key is pressed (Alexander Maryanovsky); error patterns can now specify a file name value of "$f", in which case the current buffer's path will be substituted; fixed generic error pattern for g++; fixed another possible problem if a program outputs an invalid line number in an error message; removed -encoding setting from the Jikes commando; requires jEdit 4.0final and JDK 1.3

• JcrontabPlugin 0.6: initial Plugin Central release; added properties pane and documentation; requires jEdit 4.0final and JDK 1.3; includes jcrontab 1.0 (jcrontab.sf.net)
n/a
jEdit 4.1 development begins
Submitted by slava on Monday, 27 May, 2002 - 08:10
I have recently begun working on jEdit 4.1. You can see some early work in the CVS repository. Changes so far include improved printing, improved syntax highlighting, various user interface improvements, SOCKS proxy support (for people behind an MS proxy server), and more. You can find a full change log here.
n/a
Plugin Central updates
Submitted by slava on Monday, 20 May, 2002 - 08:41

• FTP 0.3.4: hidden files were not listed, even if "Show Hidden Files" was selected in the file system browser; "Open from FTP Server" and "Save to FTP Server" commands opened the wrong directory on the remote server; the directory cache would sometimes only be invalidated after the file system browser reloaded the directory, resulting in an outdated directory listing; requires jEdit 4.0pre3 and JDK 1.3

• Lazy8Ledger 1.2: distribution updated to include database drivers previously missing due to a packaging error; requires jEdit 4.0pre8, BufferTabs 0.7.6, InfoViewer 1.1, and JDK 1.4
Bouvard & Pecuchet 1.3.1 now available
Submitted by slava on Friday, 17 May, 2002 - 05:58
Version 1.3.1 of this Java code documentation tool now shows which methods override a method and supports the new "assert" keyword. Several other minor enhancements and bugfixes were also applied, and the documentation was revised.
Plugin Central updates (5)
Submitted by slava on Thursday, 9 May, 2002 - 08:45

• IRC 1.8.1: updated by Lionel Fiol; added some new commands (/CLEAR, /ECHO, /JOIN, /NICK, /QUIT, /QUOTE, and /WHOWAS); added new parameters to the /CONNECT command to allow specifying a different server, port, channel, or nick than those set through the option pane; fixed exceptions when using /CONNECT under JDK 1.3; requires jEdit 4.0final and JDK 1.3

• Lazy8Ledger 1.1: initial Plugin Central release; Lazy8Ledger is a full-featured accounting application implemented as a jEdit plugin; experience in double-entry accounting is necessary to ensure correct use; requires jEdit 4.0pre8, BufferTabs 0.7.6, InfoViewer 1.1, JDK 1.3
Two reviews of jEdit
Submitted by slava on Tuesday, 30 April, 2002 - 23:08
Recently, two positive reviews of jEdit were posted, one on a web site dedicated to MacOS X, the other on a web site about Linux.
Take a look at this review, and this one.
n/a
User login
Browse archives
« March 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82339