jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
how to disable indentNextLine (and the like) inside comments and/or HTML code?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 6 May, 2004 - 23:33
Hello jEdit users and devs,

I've been using jEdit for about half a year and I simply love it. Installed a bunch of extremely useful plugins, re-wrote my php scheme file to have php5 syntax highlighting and other things missing from the default php scheme (like inline-php inside html tags, etc) but one thing is really bugging me.

How can I turn off indentation of next lines (indentNextLine) when i'm inside comments? Is it possible? I have defined my own indentNextLine RegExp pattern inside the php.xml file, but I'm still affected by it ...

I can say I am quite familier with the language scheme xml files. I saw that for a language, the main properties (like indentNextLine) must be defined inside the <PROPS> tags for the <MODE> and cannot be defined for a <RULE>.

If I could disable indentation of next line when inside comments, then a much simpler but at the same time more customizable regexp patter could be used for indentNextLine ... for example, indent everything not ending in ";|,|.|}" (it's not what I use, but just an example).

Also, is it possible to disable the "Deep Indent" (which I simply love) inside comments? It is really annoying when you don;t close an opened bracket on the same line Smiling

I have a couple other suggestion regarding the syntax highlighting engine but i'll post them in the bug/request forum. I can ask though a question: is it possible to have the same symbol/string for MARK_FOLLOWING and MARK_PREVIOUS? For example I would like "::" to mark everything before as a class name (say, KEYWORD4) and everything after as a property/method (say KEYWORD3). If it's doable from within the xml mode file, please somebody give me a hint.

Thanks a lot, Bogdan
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
You'll probably have to wait
by Brad Mace on Fri, 07/05/2004 - 02:27
You'll probably have to wait until 4.3 gets going, it sounds like autoindent will be getting a complete overhaul.

I was logged in when I posted
by mastabog on Fri, 07/05/2004 - 22:17
I was logged in when I posted that ... weird.

How about the deep indent? Will we be able to disable deep indent also within comments? Could all this be achievable through a code hack now, in v4.2?

Any comments on the syntax highlighting issue i raised at the end?

Cheers,
Bogdan
User login
Browse archives
« March 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82338