jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
JCompile / Java Core Plugin problem with" "The Default service"
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 5 April, 2005 - 20:10
Hy
Iam new here and i have right now finished my installation of jEdit.
I have a problem when i start to compile a java file with jCompile:

The following Error popup starts when i start to compile:

+------------------------------------------+
| Java Core Plugin
| The "Default" service is not available.
| Possibly the plugin providing it has
| unloaded or removed. Switching to Default.
|

And if i click on OK just the compiler-console runs without any Errormessage,
but the sign of compiling is still turning.

I did load the whole plugins bymyself, as zip's und unzipped all jar
(also "JavaCore.jar" and "JavaParser.jar" from "JavaCore-0.7.1.zip" )
and by the Startup of jEdit is no Error Message.

What does that popup say?
is there a errorlog wich kan say more?

Can anybody help me please?

txs Florian
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
Bean Shell Error
by Anonymous on Tue, 05/04/2005 - 21:59
Hy Some news: i got this error bevore the popup above comes: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.StringTokenizer.(StringTokenizer.java:146) at java.util.StringTokenizer.(StringTokenizer.java:162) at javacore.AbstractClasspathSource.loadClassNames (AbstractClasspathSource.java:476) at javacore.AbstractClasspathSource.init (AbstractClasspathSource.java:455) at javacore.DefaultClasspathSource. (DefaultClasspathSource.java:53) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager$Descriptor.getInstance (ServiceManager.java:321) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager.getService(ServiceManager.java:264) at javacore.JavaCorePlugin.getClasspathSource(JavaCorePlugin.java:71) at javacore.JavaCorePlugin.getClasspathSource(JavaCorePlugin.java:57) at jcompiler.JCompiler.getClassPath(JCompiler.java:1390) at jcompiler.JCompiler.getClassPath(JCompiler.java:1434) at jcompiler.JCompiler.compile(JCompiler.java:337) at jcompiler.JCompilerTask.run(JCompilerTask.java:231) But i could not understand it. Could you help me please? txs Flo

Classpath Default Service not available
by Anonymous on Sat, 09/04/2005 - 11:46
Set plugin options of Java Core: Preferred service ...
to JCompiler.

That fixed it. Go to p
by Anonymous on Mon, 11/04/2005 - 21:02
That fixed it.

Go to
plugins > plugin options > JCompiler > java core

Then change
"Prefered service for classpath and service path" to "JCompiler"

hope you can help
by Anonymous on Fri, 06/05/2005 - 12:46
I got the same problem. the real bitch is that when I didn't get it to work I removed JCompiler. I thought I try and install it again, but now I get an I/O error while trying to download it.

Any suggestions? I'd realy like to try the "plugins > plugin options > JCompiler > java core"-thing but first I have to install it again.

Stefan,
Sweden.

Me 2
by Anonymous on Fri, 08/04/2005 - 10:32
The same thing is bitting me Sad I tried searching on google but have not had any luck. Does no nerd here know how to solve this not uncommon problem?

Same here
by Anonymous on Thu, 07/04/2005 - 12:52
Hiya man I got the same errors going on so if anyone can fix it can the please post a solution. Cheers Smiling
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348