jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
webspace edit with jEdit - mobile solution for my usb-stick that i can work every place at the world
Submitted by seekXL on Tuesday, 2 August, 2005 - 11:59
Hello,

there is a possibility, this in the jEdit one can edit the files directly on the Webspace?

I have been of use for jEdit, thus very much as content, particularly the possibility of the interleaved opening and partitioning of several HTML files has moved for the change to jEdit but I would enjoy becoming a mini-version for me together with Knoppix on my USB embroider make and then feed the files on the Webspace out, directly from every place of the world flexibly for some time.

So right I still have found nothing there to or the point where this is perhaps possible, up till now stayed with me in secret, however.

Excused ask my broken English since I come from Germany do my best I to write it down as understandably as possible. sorry for misstakes - i do it better next time - a still learning process *smile*

I do use seekXL and Rammstein Music to this work and for my project create of web pages on jEdit.

thanks a lot for your help

seekXL
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
FTP-Plugin
by Vampire on Tue, 02/08/2005 - 12:58
I fear I didn't really understand what you wanted to say.
But IF I understood you right, then the FTP-Plugin is what you search, isn't it?
If I didn't understand you right, say it again in german please, I'm german too. Eye-wink

Cool :)
by seekXL on Tue, 02/08/2005 - 13:47
Hi Vampire Smiling

erstmal schön das Du auch deutsch schreibst und sprichst, wollte mich halt den Gegebenheiten des Boards anpassen und hatte nix deutsches gesehen.

Wegen dem englishen Text kann ich die komplette Schuld der Übersetzung nur an => www.linguadict.de weitergeben - da habe ich den kompletten Text auf Deutsch eingegeben und dann übersetzen lassen, in der Annahme es wäre richtig Sad !!!

Nun aber zu meinem eigentlichen Problem:
Ich habe mir auf meinen USB Stick ein Knoppix aufgezogen (siehe hier was Knoppix ist) und kann nun in jedem von USB bootfähigen PC meinen Rechner starten. Das ist für mich total genial, da ich so von wirklich jedem Ort der Welt so arbeiten kann wie ich es von zu Hause gewöhnt bin (kennst das ja - der Mensch ist ein Gewohnheitstier).

Da ich aber auf dem USB Stick nicht alle meine Webprojekte drauf packen kann, mag ich einfach aus dem vom USB-Stick gestarteten jEdit direkt auf meinem Webspace arbeiten. Habe auch schon sämtliche Menüpunkte mal vorsichtig durchgeschmökert, aber so wirklich intuitiv war nix da wo ich dachte was hinter zu finden.

Da ich nur ein English Schreibproblem habe, nicht das vom English Lesen und Verstehen Smiling, werde ich mal schauen, ob ich dem Tip mit den Plugins folgen kann.

Gruss
Stanley

PS: Danke für die schnelle Antwort
PPS: Was verschlägt es Dich denn auf ne englishe Forumsseite?! Dachte nur ich hab das Pech *g*

I understood right
by Vampire on Tue, 02/08/2005 - 16:04
As you wrote you have no problem with reading and understanding english I will continue writing english, that non-germans can understand it too. You are right, this is an english board and one should write english. I just told you to tell me what you want in german, because of the horrible, not understandable english. ^^
You could NEVER trust an automatic text translation like the one from linguadict or even worse from google. So better learn to write in english too. Eye-wink Even if you often has to look-up a word in dict.leo.org, I do that too, it is for sure more understandable than an automatic translation. So the guilt is still at you because you used linguadict and trusted it. Sticking out tongue *fg*

I know very good what Knoppix is, I use it too sometimes from CD.
And I understood your problem right.
What you search is the FTP-Plugin, which adds a VFS (Virtual File System) to transparently edit files, stored on FTP-Servers if I remember right.

And to your PPS: I'm active on many english sites or forums, more than on german ones. Why? Well,
1. There are more people
2. To train writing and understanding english
3. Good texts are mostly english. e. g. good IT-Books are normally written in english.

And particularly for THIS forum, I'm here because the community-page was dead and all maintainers disappeared, so I took over the maintenance and fixed the page.

yes of course we continue wri
by seekXL on Tue, 02/08/2005 - 18:40
yes of course we continue writing in english Smiling Jawdropping! Laughing out loud

i have show in my plugins settings - deeper but the last time, where i searching for a solution and you have right, there is a plugin and it works Smiling thats cool - i begin first time to change my editorprogramm and i think that jEdit is fantastic.

and with your other points you have right. i can english only learn better, when i do it to use, but if can so good read/write english that i read in my freetime technical english books - no sorry Eye-wink Smiling I think use the normaly better like the others and it is also okay *g*

thanks for the english translator links - i don´t know this before.

greetz
seekXL

PS: point 2 to of your ps is next time my hobby too Smiling
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82347