jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Failure to install jEdit in my mobilephone...
Submitted by seekXL on Saturday, 27 August, 2005 - 01:09
Hello,

give it a mobile solution of jEdit for mobile phones? my problem is, that is use a handy nokia9500 communicator with Symbian OS 7.0 Operation System; HTML 4.01-/XHTML-Browser and Java (MIDP 2.0). i download the "jedit42install.jar" file from ...optusnet/sourcsforge... and want to be install, but the handy says NO ?!

where is the misstake? have my phone a incompatible Java Version?

thanks for the help

seekXL
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
Maybe you should use a better
by hurfurr on Sat, 09/09/2006 - 17:38
Maybe you should use a better cellular phone Eye-wink
Greetz
Telefonsex Partnerprogramme
does nobody have an idea? giv
by seekXL on Sun, 04/09/2005 - 19:05
does nobody have an idea? give it no other solutions for mobile phones?

thanks for help

seekXL

Opera Mini
by QDev on Fri, 16/09/2005 - 08:18
That is all you need for your cell phone. And maybe my Arkanoid game.

Opera
by Vampire on Sat, 17/09/2005 - 10:59
Hey QDev, what has Opera to do with jEdit? o_O

Hi QDev, i play doom at my
by seekXL on Sat, 17/09/2005 - 08:29
Hi QDev,

i play doom at my mobile phone - if you like, i send you a share version for handys with symbian operation system.

my problem is the same, like i open the thread. i can´t install a jEdit version at my nokia, i don´t know why Sad i´m to stupid to understand the tips from Vampire. i´m no java profi :rolleyes:

greetings
seekXL

Shareware?
by Vampire on Sat, 17/09/2005 - 11:05
Why a shareware-version of doom? The doom-port for the Communicator is freeware. Only the launcher that could automatically free ressources before running is not free. I run doom on my 9500 too.

On Desktop-Computers you have "Java 2 Standard Edition". On our Nokia 9500 we have "Java 2 Mobile Edition". These are very different. jEdit is written for the standard edition and therefore will never run under the mobile edition. At least until someone spends MUCH time in porting it. What is not understandable there?

To say it in clear: YOU CANNOT RUN JEDIT ON NOKIA 9500 UNTIL YOU LEARN JAVA AND REPROGRAM JEDIT FOR THE 9500 Eye-wink

Hey Vampire, i´m not deaf
by seekXL on Tue, 20/09/2005 - 00:45
Hey Vampire,

i´m not deaf Sticking out tongue

if you wouldn't like, that i garlic takes out... Evil

Okay. Now i understand it. your fist write i have think, that i must search for a compiler, but i understand that it is to expensive to convert it.

and you have right too, that the doom is freeware and only the startscreen is shareware - i think because the multiplayer option´s etc. are patent. it makes fun - i have buy my phone by ebay and get a additional cdrom with software. if you search anything...

thank you for your help and next time please don´t uppercase in the public Laughing out loud

Greetings
seekXL

I LOVE garlic
by Vampire on Tue, 20/09/2005 - 18:59
I LOVE garlic. It is very delicious.

Sure, I want to have the whole CD-ROM Laughing out loud

PS: The community page is MY baby now and I write uppercase whenever I want. Sticking out tongue And I only wanted to point it out clearly this time after you didn't understand it before after writing the same thing. Eye-wink

yes i love garlic very much t
by seekXL on Thu, 22/09/2005 - 21:16
yes i love garlic very much too, but in my work i have to do with clients, that is not pretty if i´m the skunk in the room Shocked

for the rest of your post i use your mailaddy. give me some days, is a large bundle....

okay and next time i use new words for the same question Laughing out loud

Greetings
seekXL

FTP
by Vampire on Thu, 22/09/2005 - 21:53
Maybe it is easier if you upload it to my box via FTP.
address is bjoern.homedns.org
login is seekXL
pass is your eMail-address you use here.
thx

hi vampire, i have use the
by seekXL on Sat, 24/09/2005 - 10:43
hi vampire,

i have use the settings and it works Smiling the first package ist uploaded, but the package 2 and 3 is very large, but I think it is worthwhile.

do you have a car or bike? the last is only intresting if you are mobile Smiling

Greetings
seekXL

Just up it
by Vampire on Sat, 24/09/2005 - 11:52
I have enough space available, so just upload the stuff. Smiling
Thx in the meantime

Why do you ask if I have a car or bike? o_O
I have no own car and since the second bike got stolen here in WÜ, I don't have a new one yet.

okay, a second part is upload
by seekXL on Sat, 24/09/2005 - 16:10
okay, a second part is uploading Smiling

i asked you about your mobility if you need a navigation system for the nokia9500 Eye-wink like tomtom + all maps world wide? Smiling my bike stolen too past 2 years, but next summer i bye a new one, like a suzuki touring machine, and a better alarm machine too Laughing out loud

Greetings
seekXL

Yeah, I watched you uploading
by Vampire on Sat, 24/09/2005 - 18:36
Yeah, I watched you uploading it. Laughing out loud

Sure, I want to get all you have. Eye-wink

Oh and bike means normally bicycle, not motor-bike.

okay, you means bicycle and i
by seekXL on Sun, 25/09/2005 - 09:32
okay, you means bicycle and i´m the cross machines, but the next is a touring, i think it´s better for me and my polices Laughing out loud

i send you monday the big rest, today i need the speed of my internet-conntection to surf and my upload makes the surfing performance to slow - i think you know what i mean, but tomorrow i think you are happy Smiling

have you tested some of the others? i think the formula uno manager is cool Smiling

Greetings and nice Sunday
seekXL

No, I didn't try anything yet
by Vampire on Mon, 26/09/2005 - 21:36
No, I didn't try anything yet, I'm busy atm, but I will. Smiling
With 6 MBit down- and half an MBit upstream, no, I normally have no speed problems. Laughing out loud

the half MBit upstream is obj
by seekXL on Tue, 04/10/2005 - 21:21
the half MBit upstream is object of envy Evil but recently i had 2 sdsl 2MBit Up/Down Stream from claranet (i think the cost for my firm was 600 €uro trafficfree line with 4 public ip´s) - today Sad - i have a standard adsl 1 way-stream and nothing more, but in future i have the hope Shocked that i get a faster line... we will see Smiling

i was ill the last days, so that i first time today get more time to send you some things... you can see it in the new folder package 3.

have you a postadress for me? the rest are 2 gigs maps and source... thats me to long time to uploading, i think you can understand me and my broken english Laughing out loud *ggg*

if you like i use the post, my mailaddy is working.

Greetings
seekXL Smiling

Mail is out
by Vampire on Mon, 10/10/2005 - 17:22
Mail is out

Post...
by seekXL on Wed, 12/10/2005 - 16:50
Hi Vampire Smiling

the mail has received an order from me today Smiling i think in the next 2 days you feel better Eye-wink

i otherwise still you a good recovery from the ill Smiling ... Grandma always said: "my boy drinks tea" - she have right Sad but camomile-tea taste bad Jawdropping! *smile*

Greetings
seekXL

Hi Vampire, are you ill? i
by seekXL on Sun, 30/10/2005 - 16:08
Hi Vampire,

are you ill? i missed your support posts and i missed too a answer, if you have recieved a postmail from me...

i hope is all okay by you, give a peep if you alive`? Eye-wink Smiling

Greetings
seekXL

J2ME != J2SE
by Vampire on Mon, 05/09/2005 - 21:27
On mobiles you run J2ME (Mobile Edition), not J2SE (Standard Edition). J2ME has a very smaller API as J2SE. To port jEdit as mobile version much would have to be rewritten. I don't think that there will be a mobile version of jEdit until you make MUCH effort to port it.

hi and thanks for your answer
by seekXL on Tue, 06/09/2005 - 07:53
hi and thanks for your answer Smiling

where can i get the j2me edition? Puzzled what i not understand... some other java applications inside from websides loads. i think the installer must rewritten, but i´m not shure.

if you know anybody with a working version of jEdit in a mobile phone, please let me know.

thanks
seekXL

re
by Aspotting on Wed, 28/09/2005 - 19:27
hi seekxl
I know that problem. sends me sometimes email and we can talk

Aspotting

"j2me edition" = "Java 2 Mobi
by Vampire on Tue, 06/09/2005 - 08:26
"j2me edition" = "Java 2 Mobile Edition edition", so one edition too much.
What do you mean? The JRE on the Communicator is a J2ME-runtime. If you mean for development for the PC, you can download from forum.nokia.com
NO application that is written for J2SE will work on J2ME. Only if they are being port to J2ME, or from beginning explicitly written for J2ME.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348