jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Trying to setup jEdit to enable me to edit my Scheme source files in a buffer and then have them compiled with mzscheme.
Submitted by airfoil on Monday, 8 January, 2007 - 21:11
My Goal: To be able to run the PLT mzscheme command line Scheme compiler/interpreter on the contents of the current buffer.
Problem: Can't get my commando file to show up in list of available commandos
Reference:
jEdit Help: Chapter 5. Commando
User-specific commando files are loaded from the console/commando subdirectory of the jEdit settings directory.
Plugins>Console>Rescan Commando Directory should be called after files are added or removed in the user-specific commando directory.
Plugins>Console>Browse Commando Directory opens the user-specific commando directory in jEdit's file system browser.
You can find out the location of the settings directory by entering the following command in the system shell of the console
window:
%echo ${JEDIT_SETTINGS}

What I did:
1) Placed a minimal commando file named mzscheme-commando.xml in C:\Documents and Settings\kyle\.jedit\console\commando
2) Tried to find Plugins>Console>Rescan Commando Directory, but was unable to locate in jEdit GUI.
3) Searched vigorously through jEdit Help for any relevant information regarding rescanning Commando Directory, and why I wouldn't have that menu option available.
4) Finally decided to ask user group to see if anyone with more experience could help me achieve my goal of running the PLT MzScheme command line Scheme compiler/interpreter on the current buffer, whether it be through custom commando files or by other means.

Question:
Where is the Plugins>Console>Rescan Commando Directory option? I can't find it.
Is a custom commando file the way to go in order to setup jEdit to allow me to edit my Scheme source files in a buffer and then have that buffer compiled/interpreted by my mzscheme processor?

Any help would be appreciated.

--kyle
kyle at bellsouth dot net
schemekey.blogspot.com
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82347