jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Superabbrevs Problem: Continually need to redeclare an abbrev
Submitted by aimjiel on Tuesday, 15 May, 2007 - 19:32
Hi All

I did some poking around and searching and couldn't seem to find anyone else with this issue, which leads me to believe I made some kind of an error.

I have installed jEdit with superabbrevs several times, on Linux (slackware/ubuntu), Windows XP, and Windows Vista, and haven't had this problem until a while back. I got Vista, installed it, everything seemed to go okay, until I tried to use superabbrevs, now it keeps popping up the dialog to create an abbrev. Even if it has been defined, it still pops up, and has the abbrev defined, yet no matter what I do, I can't get it to stop popping the dialog box everytime I try to use an abbrev. It's rather frusterating.

Let me elucidate:

Everything freshly installed, stock, nothing else done except installing 4.2final and superabbrevs.

I open a new document, save it as say .php or anything, does the same thing.

I type : for then ctrl+enter : dialog pops up, okay...

I define what I want it to do: for ($i = 0; $i < count(${1:var});$i++) {${2:code}}

Then I add mode specific.

I type for ctrl+enter : dialog pops up, with my definition

Okay, maybe I need to add global, fine, I repeat the above, and add it as a global.

I type for ctrl + enter : dialog pops up

I scream, yell and curse, I try the above in every possible permutation.

No matter what I do, everytime I use ctrl + enter, (I even tried changin that, alt+r, removing the dlg popup shortcut, redefining the dialog popup shortcut etc every permutation.) That damn, hateful, evil dialog pops up, what am I doing wrong? I am at my wits end, it didn't use to behave like this...what did I mess up? I don't think it's a problem with superabbrevs itself, or there would have been others, somehow, I have screwed it up, one way or another...

Anyway, I am at my wits end, so if anyone has some advice, it would be much appreciated...
/Aimji
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
re
by sune_simonsen on Thu, 24/05/2007 - 21:05
Hi aimjiel,

I hope that I can help you with your problem, but I need to know what version of the plugin you are using.

Could this problem be related to Vista's increased security model?
Check the Utilities -> Thoubleshooting -> Activity Log after you added the abbreviation.

-- Sune Simonsen (SuperAbbrevs)
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348