jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
site feedback
Submitted by tonyhnz on Monday, 20 August, 2007 - 17:29
Firstly - the product itself is great, have worked with it using ruby and erlang now and found great plugins/tips that help productivity.
The site is another matter.., i apologize if these have been covered elsewhere.
The stylesheet is very bland and could do with revamp. I have messed with drupal in the past and know that it can look much better then this without too much effort. Maybe some sort of competition to choose a new theme ?
It is very difficult to search the forums to try to see if a particular question has already been asked. I am not sure what search method is used (maybe drupal built in) but i have found better results using google search. Maybe google search could be integrated into site.
Lastly the wiki seems to be completely hosed up apart from the home page ( i am using firefox ). I get all sorts of garbage displayed and cannot see any wiki content. I would suggest mediawiki be used instead and to have integrated logins from the drupal site.
I would like to see the website reflect the strength of the product as it may turn off some potential users in it's current state.
I am willing to help with this.
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
+1!
by takeshin on Fri, 04/07/2008 - 08:16
I agree. Updating this site should be priority.
How could it be it does not have feed yet?
How could it be to use serif font suitable for print not for screen in default screen stylesheet? We have 2008 not '80 Smiling

When you log in, there’s a lot preetier and more usable/accesible stylesheet availiable (blue one). Why not to set it to default?

Disable stylesheets in Wiki and see all this sex spam…

Please do something with the site.
Let me know if I could help somehow.

--
takeshin

Yes
by Robert Schwenn on Sun, 06/07/2008 - 13:06
The community site is a sore point of the jEdit project:
Nobody loves the bad site - but we need it. There are admins, but nobody really maintains the site. And I'm pretty sure that actually there is no real plan for the future - but it's needed!

Pretty much community live You can find at the mailing lists. You should subscribe to the jedit-devel mailing list and offer Your help. I'm not sure about the meaning of the project team. But I think that mostly needed is a head for the community site with experience in maintaining web space.

The last thread about the community site has ended without result. But You can read that it is not very easy to make a plan for coordinating the home page, the community site and the SouceForge project site...

Robert

This has definitely been sugg
by elberry on Wed, 09/07/2008 - 19:41
This has definitely been suggested many times. I for one am in favor of moving over to the Sourceforge site - at least everything will be in one place.

Besides that, someone suggested a while back to at least upgrade Drupal which I think would be a great idea as well.

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
Blog
+1 can't agree more! Go
by thebugslayer on Sun, 16/09/2007 - 21:33
+1
can't agree more!

Go get a open source license for Confluence and JIRA would make develpoment light year ahead...

~the bug slayer~
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348