jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Some small bugs in current 4.3pre Versions
Submitted by tobi73de on Thursday, 11 December, 2008 - 21:35
Hi !

jEit is a really cool editor, i like it a lot. I use it for HTML, CSS and PHP editing.

It runs on an Athlon X2, WinXP Pro with 2 Monitors on ATI GFX-Card, newest Java Version.
Plugins: FTP, JDiff, Beauty, ErrorList, SideKick, XercesPlugin, XML.

I encountered some Problems with the last 4.3pre Versions.

1. Small Problem

With activated Option "Show Error Icons in the Gutter" (ErrorList-Plugin"):
Always when i move the mouse over the Gutter, a small black dot (2px x 2px) appears right beside or on the left side on the gutter (at mouse cursor position).

2. Small Problem

If i record a macro in a new untitled buffer, the the macrorecorder uses this untitled buffer as macro-scriptfile.
That results in an funny behaviour. For instance, if you type in 1 letter the macrorecorder writes a second into the macro scriptfile, which is actually the only open buffer.
So it dublicates every letter. I can also not save the file. I have to close jEdit.

3. Medium Problem

Sometimes after saving a buffer, the display of the code gets scrumbled.
Code from other locations in the file is partially displayed between the Code on the Display.
So I have to scroll up and down or switch the buffers to get the correct display back.

4. Bigger Problem

I use the standard bufferswitcher. Sometimes, with some open files, when i try to select an other buffer with the mouse, the buffer is not switched.
In the View is still the same Buffer. I can also not choose an other buffer.
I have to click the "Vertically Split" and "Unsplit All" Icons to get the right display back.

It's really randomly, i can not reproduce it, but sometimes it gets really annoying.

But probably i have tracked down the source of the Problem: Plugin SideKick, Option "Parse on buffer switch".
With disabled, the Bug doesn't appear.

5. Biggest problem of all Eye-wink

In the File Browser i use the Option "Use default icons" to have the original Windows Exlporer Icons. In the FTP-View it doesn't work, there are still the original build-in Icons.
They are not bad, but i'd rather like to have the default icons of Windows Explorer.

mfg Tobi
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348