jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
How do I find usage information on plugins
Submitted by mlefevre on Thursday, 20 September, 2012 - 20:48
I have tried looking up help or usage information on jEdit plugins and can't find hardly anything. For instance Lucene, CodeHelper, and the console plugin. Specifically, I want to find out how the regexp processor for the error processor feature in the console plugin works. Does it apply all of the regexp definitions one at a time from top to bottom on every line of the output? Or, just it just apply the regexp definition at the top of the list and none of the others? Also, I don't understand how the "extra lines" regular expression can be used. The reason why I ask is that my build system does not output the full path to the file when an error occurs (only the file name itself). So, the error list window can't locate the file since it only knows file names relative to the top of the project tree.

Also, I'd like to find out whether the Lucene plugin can tie into the project viewer and process all files in the project as opposed to just the current or open buffers.

Finally, I'd like to troubleshoot the CodeHelper plugin's call tree feature as I can't seem to make it do anything at all.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Marc
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
jEdit Help
by Robert Schwenn on Fri, 21/09/2012 - 12:20
Hi,
in "Help -> jEdit Help -> Plugins" You find the help for every installed plugin. Some of them are very short, but the Console's help is pretty good. In Chapter 4 You find hints for "Error Parsing".

In short: Every output line is parsed against the first error pattern. If it doesn't match, the second pattern is used and so on until the last pattern. The extra lines will be attached to one error/warning line in error list.

For questions that should reach the developers You should ask at the jEdit Developers Mailing List or jEdit Users Mailing List .

Robert

Thanks! I was looking for th
by mlefevre on Fri, 21/09/2012 - 17:41
Thanks! I was looking for the help on the web. Having it right there with the rest of the jEdit help never occurred to me but it's awesome.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348