jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Need someone to maintain the JTA plugin
Submitted by poleta33 on Friday, 9 February, 2007 - 13:17
Hi

The JTA plugin is the ONLY features that really miss to jedit : it consists in having multiple connections onto differents servers to execute commands (much more powerfull than the console plugin which is limited to the current station you use)...

so this plugin is not maintained anymore... if someone can try this challenge !

more information here : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1627596&group_id=588&atid=350588
php beautifier plugin?
Submitted by mpacker99 on Wednesday, 31 January, 2007 - 20:37
Anyone seen a php beautifier? there is one for java but not PHP....
Command Line Plugin
Submitted by dhotson on Monday, 22 January, 2007 - 05:34
Hi,

I'm pretty new to writing plugins for jEdit. So please don't flame me. Smiling

I want to write a plugin so that I can right click on a file or directory in the file browser and have a command line program run with the path of the selected file/dir passed as an argument. I'd like the output displayed in a popup box (or similar).

The command line programs I want to run in particular are:
svn status
svn log

ie programs where no input is required (except for command line arguments)

Could anyone give me a hint as to how hard this might be? I can code in java, so I don't mind implementing it myself.

Just a few hints to get me going would be enough. Thanks! Smiling
any know about GUI Form Builder plugin for JEdit
Submitted by zerocool on Monday, 15 January, 2007 - 10:46
Hello every body im newly using jedit and find its good but here facing a problem is no GUI Builder Plugin for JEdit. is there any plugin for jedit . i have tried one name radical but not working on JEdit version 4.2 please any body know about gui builder plugin or how to use radical with 4.2 very thnakful for providing me solution.

zerocool
plugin or macro?
Submitted by godfailed on Sunday, 10 December, 2006 - 18:04
http://downloads.symfony-project.com/demo/admin/admin_generator_commented.mov

I was watching this video and noticed something in textmate. I don't know if thats a macro's or some form of keyword based autocomplete. Is there something in jedit that is simular to this? or would it have to all be done through macro's?
XMLPlugin with entity preview
Submitted by stefanl on Wednesday, 1 November, 2006 - 09:58
This plugin is almost perfect! I only lack one functionality and that is preview of an entity using the tag/entity completion list.

The idea is that when I type & the list appears and when I highlight an entity in this list a small preview window will appear next to the completion list. This is a great feature when you have and makes it allot easier to know what each entity stands for.

Regards, Stefan
Plugins for C/C++ development
Submitted by shlomy on Sunday, 15 October, 2006 - 13:49
I intend to add a few features to jEdit for C/C++ developers, such as a class hierarchy browser and a static function call tree. These features will be based on ctags and either cscope or GNU global.

I'd like to discuss here the plugin distribution methodology. We already have several plugins using ctags - Jump!, Tags, CodeBrowser, CtagsSideKick. Each of them parses the ctags output on its own and handles the storage of the data by itself. I think it's better to have a common library plugin to handle the interface with ctags - both invocation, parsing and storage. There are several advantages to this other than avoiding duplication of code:
- The data can be shared (when appropriate) between plugins that use ctags, so there is no need to run ctags a couple of times on the same file with the same flags.
- The configuration of ctags (e.g. per-mode configuration) can be done in a single place, the plugins that use it (usually) don't even need to be aware of it.
- It will also be easier to write new plugins using ctags.

While a library plugin for ctags seems reasonable, there's the other problem of what I call "plugin explotion": The list of installed plugins becomes long, with all consequences (including the one that's most annoying for me - the jEdit Plugins menu gets split, e.g A-G,H-Z...).

Do you think all ctags-related plugins should be combined into one? What about new features like those I mentioned above - should they be put into new plugins or inserted into existing plugins?
A good example can be taken from eclipse - which is normally installed with hundreds of plugins. Unlike jEdit, eclipse does not have a 'Plugins' menu. Rather, each plugin inserts itself in the desired places (e.g. toolbar, menu item, options). In contrast with jEdit, eclipse consists almost entirely of plugins. A pure eclipse with no plugins can't do much (if anything at all).

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
CodeAid and Jane: how to start? Newbie questions.
Submitted by stanberka on Friday, 13 October, 2006 - 15:51
Hi,

I'm using jEdit for 3 or 4 year by now. And usually don't mind at all to lookup the javadoc or the source when I need to know the method name or signature. But yesterday, I decided to give it a try and installed CodeAid/Jane. The only thing that worked out of the box was variable name completion, which I already had and love via a short cut to Complete Word command (great feature! thanks!). After I studied help of both plugins, I wasn't any more enlightened. Would you help? Here are the questions I tried to invent for you, but if you use Jane/CodeAid, please let me know in 3-4 sentences what I have to do for a new project to configure it for CodeAid/Jane. Questions:

* In order to see member and suignature hints for Java API, do I need to tell Jane where this library is located?
* Once I add a library to Jane's list of libraries, does it parse them immediately, or do I have to do some special magic?
* What about project support? Do I have to add/remove from Jane's list of libraries every time I switch to a different project? Any integraton with Project Viewer?
* Is the DotComplete plugin still available? I don't see it from the plugin manager. Would it be helpful/useful with CodeAid/Jane?

I'll appreciate help, but can offer to extend the doco for these plugins with the info you share with me.

Stan Berka
Snippet Functionality
Submitted by kemitchell on Friday, 6 October, 2006 - 06:54
After being much inspired by Sune Simonsen's wonderful SuperAbbrevs, i decided i would try my hand at coding my take on the "Snippets" concept which seems to have become so popular (and expensive... trendy... dangerous? ;-P ) recently in light of the public's adoration for textmate and all things supernaturally shiny.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/kem642/www/Snippets_SRC.zip

i'm posting the code here in hopes that if i completely run out of time it will at least be available for posterity, BUT MORE OPTIMISTICALLY on the chance that one of you might take a brief look at it and point out where i might be going wrong api-wise, or where i've taken the decidedly more difficult path. For one things, my use of BufferChangeListeners seems to have become deprecated. Updates... the devil take them!

i'll likely hack away as time (and school) permit. I'll keep you all posted here, assuming this is the proper place to do so... (?)

A few noets:
I am working for compatibility with the current development version (4.3pre6), and have funcitoning (read: not well tested, but it "works for me and my limited imagination" (TM) ) solution for recursive snippets (use them inside of each other!) with end tags via a stack of insertions per buffer. the framework is in place to at least parse templates with named variables (i.e. with the same value), default values, and enumerated field values, but those remain broken for the moment in terms of actual functionality. The method of selection is currently a triggered inline popup which does a running filter and auto-insertion of the last match. Defining new snippets based on input not recognized there is planned, but not currently implemented (the method is called, but it doesn't do anything yet).

currently, the snippets are stored like /%userdir%/.jedit/snippets/%mode%/%name of snippet%.snip

there is no snippet editor or viewer in place (options panel) in place quite yet, but that ought to be trivial to pull off (or at least more straightforward).

the archive includes a buildfile i use to build the jar file when i compile. if you've got ANT and a JDK you shouldn't have any problems if you want to give it a whirl.

it ain't clean, but with a little time, it will ready to go soon enough.

thanks in advance for any help, direction, etc.
dont worry... you'll get thanked again, too!

~K
Changing background color
Submitted by mvermand on Friday, 22 September, 2006 - 14:46
Hi,

I wich to change the background color of a TextArea when the buffer is readonly.
I can't figure out how to do this...
Setting
pView.getTextArea().setBackground(pColor) results in nothing.
pView.getTextArea().getPainter().setBackground(pcolor) paints every open textArea.

How do I change the background of a single TextArea?

Thanks!
Difference between Console PlugIn 4.1.2 in Jedit 4.2 and 4.3pre6
Submitted by Fabio2006 on Friday, 18 August, 2006 - 05:55
Hello Developpers
I have a lite Script who work fine in Jedit 4.2 but not in 4.3pre5 and not in 4.3pre6.
The Console Window open and wait but there are errors in the Command Window and in the BeanShell Window.
Is there any idea what I can change?
Regrads,
Fabio

import console.Console;
{
Buffer b = view.getBuffer();
String strName = b.getName();
String strPath = b.getPath();

String strCmd = new String("java.exe -jar \"C:\\Programme\\Interlis\\ili2c\\ili2c.jar\" --without-warnings \"" + strPath + "\"");
runCommandInConsole(view, "System", strCmd);
}

1) Console Window Errors:

[error] BeanShell: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gjt/sp/jedit/search/RESea
rchMatcher
...and a lot of more error lines...

2) BeanShell Window Errors:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gjt/sp/jedit/search/RESearchMatcher
...and a lot of more error lines...
ActionHooks plugin extension
Submitted by stellari on Tuesday, 15 August, 2006 - 21:37
I would like to use ActionHook plugin to save the open buffers upon jEdit loosing focus (i.e. the user switching to a different window).

I'm a novice in using jEdit and I don't know much aboiut Java.

Any suggestion, or better help, would be greatly appreciated.

Franco
FTP plugin: alternative ssh port #?
Submitted by njcatalyst on Wednesday, 9 August, 2006 - 19:36
Does anyone know how to connect to a nonstandard port for sftp? There is no port field in the dialog, and it is uncommon with ssh to write host:port (not to mention, it doesn't work in my situation).

-njc
CodeAid for PHP?
Submitted by anode on Saturday, 29 July, 2006 - 22:45
Hi,
is there a plugin similar to CodeAid (I suppose) for PHP? The only thing I'm missing in jEdit is some completions (better than these in base jEdit installation) as well as a brief integrated function documentation - when I'm uncertain of some function parameters, it'd be nice to press a shortcut to display that small box with function description known from other IDEs.
Thanks.
Plugin idea for inserting line number into code
Submitted by Prometheus on Friday, 28 July, 2006 - 19:33
Hi all,

First, I hope I'm posting this into the right forum, cause the forum drop down box only shows one character for me..

I have a feature request idea for a plugin --

Basically, it would allow you to mark a point in the source code (or multiple points) where it would, upon saving the .cpp or .php or whatever file, insert the line number at that point.

In the editor, it'd appear as a %%%LINE_NUMBER%%% (maybe in a different color, whatever), and the positions of these insertion points would be saved in a your_document.your_exension.inserts file, ala the .marks files for marking lines.

This feature would allow programmers to have custom debug logs which actually tell them which line number and which file to look in.... saving time and aggrevation.

Thanks!
Is there c++ project and building plugin
Submitted by sy8111 on Tuesday, 25 July, 2006 - 11:27
Anyone knows if there is certain c++ project management and building plugin under construction? If not, anyone intrested in making one?
Setting the caret position to lineNumber
Submitted by Manil on Tuesday, 18 July, 2006 - 22:10
I am trying to make CodeBrowser better, i have found a way to highlight the current function(Tag) in CodeBrowser i would like to submit it, but i am highlighting the tag where the caret is. I want to be able to highlight the current tag even when you scrolldown or up so the visible text will be the current tag, i want to move the caret to the top position of the viewed text if it's a scrolldown and bottom position if it's a scrollup so that way CodeBrowser will highlight the tag where the caret is.

I tried JEditeTextArea.setCaretPosition(position), JEditeTextArea.setCaretMagicPosition(position) with no success, is there another function to move the caret to a line that we want??????

Thx a lot
download plugin
Submitted by joyceintlinc on Sunday, 16 July, 2006 - 03:32
i use jedit for 2 years, and everytime i download the jedit, installing the ftp plugin is always a problem. why it that. i try a few minor already. i think i try everything that north america minor offer. i do not understand why it is so hard to install the ftp plugin after jedit is installed.

can anyone help. i try 10 times already. everytime i download the jedit, this is always the problem?????
sftp plugin : The key format is not a supported format
Submitted by matevad on Wednesday, 12 July, 2006 - 14:07
Hello,

Anyone gets the same message as I do?
I have been using the keys with putty for years without any problem. I dont understand why the key is not supported.

The key is generated using PUTTY parameters : SSH-2 RSA 1024 bits

Otherwise the sftp plugin works fine if I use password authentication
Plugin htmlsidekick and *.php files
Submitted by slux on Tuesday, 27 June, 2006 - 19:20
Hi!

How I can use this plugin in the .php or an other type of file ?
Currently this good plugin work fine when i'm editing a file that have the *.html extension...

Tnks!
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348