jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Impossible to listen to keys typed in 1 buffer?
Submitted by malyvelky on Saturday, 5 February, 2005 - 03:43
Hi,
I need to get notified whenever a user types a (word constituent) key in a particular buffer because I want to make a text autocompletion feature. But so far I wasn't able to figure out how to do it. I'm only interested in keystrokes in the given buffer. 1. If I use view.setKeyEventInterceptor I grab keys from the whole view and not only the buffer (i.e. the text area) and, moreover, I prevent them from being processed further even though I call view.processKeyEvent afterwards. 2. I tried to add my listener to the textArea ( view.getTextArea() ) but there seems to be only one text area common to all buffers because when I registered it in my constructor with view.getTextArea() the listener received keys no matter what was the active buffer at the moment.
I'd very appreciate if you could advice me how to manage to listen to keys only from one buffer. Thanks! /Kuba
Help, my plugin creates two instances of jedit
Submitted by colinc on Wednesday, 2 February, 2005 - 00:13
I am having some strange problems trying to get my plugin to work.

It runs OK, but for some reason when you restart jedit the plugin causes two instances of jedit two run; one with the plugin running and docked, the other without.

The plugin is set to defer on startup , but that seems to be ignored.

I do the set up in the constructor for the main class. From what I can see in the docs it looks like I should actually be doing the startup from start() and stop() methods in the mainPlugin.class . But I'm not certain how that class is going to be able to find the main class (ie. the dockable window). Or even if that is what's causing my problems.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Colin
FTP using sftp public/private key authentication
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 1 February, 2005 - 16:51
I see that in the cvs repository there was some updates to the FTP plugin to allow for public/private key authentication.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jedit/plugins/FTP/
I don't know the first thing about building from the source, but I would like to use this feature, as I LOVE jedit. Could someone either point me to a dummies guide to building from source (on a windows box), or tell me where I can find this complied? Thanks so much for a wonderful program, I look forward to it just getting better.
-hanz
source formatting plugin for PHP
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 21 January, 2005 - 21:59
PHP is all over the place now... I use jEdit for all my php development even though there are PHP specific IDE's, nothin can beat jEdit. My one problem with it however is that there are no plugins to format PHP code. This would make my day.
SideKick 0.3.2 bug
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 20 January, 2005 - 16:51
I have this plugin set to "After keystroke wait" 1 sec.
Problem is, when I am editing line longer than screen size. When I am at the end of line, stop writing for 1 sec., it always move screen wiev to the begining of line. It is very annoying Sad((
Minimize of last buffer close plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 17 January, 2005 - 10:16
I used to like the feature of Programmer's File Editor whereby it would minimize when the last file was closed, so I quickly knocked up a plugin to do this in jEdit. I don't think it deserves a plugin of its own in the repository, but if someone wants to add it to a general purpose plugin, feel free. The support files are as basic as they can get, so I'll not include them here. The source is:
/*
 * MinOnClosePlugin.java
 * Copyright (C) 2005 Matt Plumtree
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
 * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
 * as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
 * of the License, or any later version.
 * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
 * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 * GNU General Public License for more details.
 * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
 * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
 * Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.
 */

import org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit;
import org.gjt.sp.jedit.View;
import org.gjt.sp.jedit.EBMessage;
import org.gjt.sp.jedit.EBPlugin;
import org.gjt.sp.jedit.msg.BufferUpdate;
import java.awt.Frame;

/**
 * The MinOnClose plugin
 * @author Matt Plumtree
 */
public class MinOnClosePlugin extends EBPlugin
{
	public void handleMessage(EBMessage message)
	{
		if (message instanceof BufferUpdate)
		{
			BufferUpdate bu = (BufferUpdate)message;

if (bu.getWhat() == BufferUpdate.CLOSED)
			{
				View v = bu.getView();

if (v != null && jEdit.getBufferCount() == 0)
				{
					// Minimize when last buffer closed.
					v.setExtendedState(Frame.ICONIFIED);
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
jcompiler error
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 6 January, 2005 - 03:35
When i try to use the jjcompiler plugin i get this error:
Cannot start jcompiler.JCompilerPlyugin$ToolsJarNotFoundException: Could not find library tools.jar!
Jedit Spell Check PlugIn
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 22 December, 2004 - 14:33
Using jedit with Docbook for wrintting my documentation, i'm often using the spellcheck plugin. It's very useful but some important functions are missing ( save new word for example)

What kind of other tools can I use in order to control mi french text ?

Thank
Olivier
pair programing
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 21 December, 2004 - 12:01
are u planing to develop a future pair programing pluging like subethaedit ?
handling user input
Submitted by escalope on Friday, 17 December, 2004 - 09:59
Hello JEdit developers

I am trying to develop a plugin and have at the moment the following problem. My plugin needs to intercept key events sent to the main jedittextarea and remove some keypress events when they are not appropriate (say that the user types "t" and I don't won't that letter to appear in the jedittextarea). My plugin at the moment does receive key events, it can interact with the jedittextarea, but cannot suppress keypress actions, even if I invoke the consume method in a custom key listener and put this one in first place in the keylistener list.

I know how to do this with the conventional javax.swing.jtextarea but found no way to do solve the problem without modifying the jedit sourcecode.

How can I prevent a jedittextarea to type certain letters at certain moments?

Btw, I don't think that using keystrokes is a good solution since I ought to make continuous changes to existing key bindings.

Thanks in advance

Jorge
Adding a Mode via the Plugin
Submitted by billstei on Thursday, 9 December, 2004 - 03:36
Would it make sense, or is it already possible, to have a plugin add a mode to the catalog at runtime only, (i.e. it would not cause the catalog file to be modified)? In other words the API would have provision to create a new syntax highlight mode. The mode XML file could either exist as it does now and be loaded as part of the registering call, or the API would allow the XML definition to be passed in.
Edit Server
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 3 December, 2004 - 02:24
I was hoping someone could clarify exactly what the Edit Server in jEdit does? I really don't fancy reading through all of the source code to find out (and the documentation doesn't say what its functionality is actually for).

I am toying with the idea of making it possible to have the same files open for editing on multiple computers simultaneously so that multiple people can edit e.g. a java project at the same time (and with further plugins/ third party software can actually easily communicate and actually work together on file(s) without the bottle neck of only one keyboard and cursor!). I'm just wondering if the Edit Server may have much (or atleast some) of the work already done for me.

Any insight would be appreciated...
Debug plugins
Submitted by annauzi on Monday, 29 November, 2004 - 06:22
Hi

I was wondering if there is any way to debug plugins inside jEdit.

/U
the jedit text area
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 23 November, 2004 - 11:46
Hi,
do you know how can I interact with JEdit text area from a plugin?

10nx,
Mikele
How to paste strings in JEdit text area by clicking a plugin button
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 16:06
Hi,
I'm trying to paste strings generated by my plugin in the JEdit main window.
I'm writing "something.setSelectedText()", but it arises a compiler error while importing " org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.* ".
What do I have to do? Or...: what's the easiest way to do what I want?

Thanks,
Mik
JTA SSH Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 15 November, 2004 - 19:13
Has anyone succesfully tried that plugin, available from http://www.twdata.org/jta/?

I have, but I can't make a connection. I write host name, user name and password and it goes fine but I dont't get a connection. It doesn't show me any error messages - nothing just happens. Got ideas?

Console plugin: default for the -classpath option
Submitted by w0073r on Monday, 15 November, 2004 - 16:46
I looked around, but couldn't find a solution. I'm on Windoze, in a computer lab, so I don't have the ability to change my classpath. How can I get the Console plugin to default the -classpath option when I compile/run Java classes to a specific string, rather than just $CLASSPATH;? So I want it to default to $CLASSPATH;;"H:\compsci\MBS\Code\mbsgui.jar";"H:\compsci\MBS\Code\mbsbb.jar". The JCompiler plugin does that, but that doesn't help for running the file. Thanks.
Console plugin: default for the -classpath option
Submitted by w0073r on Monday, 15 November, 2004 - 16:46
I looked around, but couldn't find a solution. I'm on Windoze, in a computer lab, so I don't have the ability to change my classpath. How can I get the Console plugin to default the -classpath option when I compile/run Java classes to a specific string, rather than just $CLASSPATH;? So I want it to default to $CLASSPATH;;"H:\compsci\MBS\Code\mbsgui.jar";"H:\compsci\MBS\Code\mbsbb.jar". The JCompiler plugin does that, but that doesn't help for running the file. Thanks.
Using Eclipse to develop plugins
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 14 November, 2004 - 09:27
I want to use Eclipse to develop a plugin. No problem setting up an Eclipse(3.01) project running JEdit 4.2 with breakpoints etc. But now I would like to be able to debug a plugin (setting breakpoints in the plugin source), and it seems to me that is not easily possible without modifying JEdit considerably (which I would prefer no to do). JEdit appears to be designed to only run plugins from jars. Any ideas?
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348