jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Hiding the period at the end of lines...
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 31 January, 2004 - 18:14
I don't like that period at the end of the line. It gets annoying.

How do I turn it off? (I'm using jEdit 4.2pre8)
Whitespace plugin and 4.2pre8
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 26 January, 2004 - 22:24
Hello,

I just installed the Whitespace plugin with 4.2pre8 but when I select "Show Spaces" or any other of the "Show" options, nothing changes.

Should the current Whitespace plugin work with 4.2pre8 or am I missing something?

Regards
Thomas
VRML?
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 24 January, 2004 - 22:03
Does jEdit support VRML and if not is it possible to get a syntax package for it in jEdit?
Compiling C++
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 21 January, 2004 - 19:11
Hello all!
Is there a simple way to compile c++ in JEdit?

Johan
Fastest Java Engine?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 20 January, 2004 - 21:48
Thinking about using jEdit as my main editor,
ie. for text, java, php and other script files.

What Java SDK is the fastest or will give me the most
responsive jEdit?

I'm thinking about startup time from the moment I
double click a file in Windows Explorer.
Using WinXP and I'm going to try jEdit as of ver 4.2final.
Wrong indentation of perl code
Submitted by jope on Tuesday, 20 January, 2004 - 12:55
jedit does not indent perl code correctly in some instances. For example, when splitting an argument list between parentheses over several lines, jedit will indent the next statemetn under the argument list instead of under the beginning of the previous statement. Example:
somefunctioncall($arg1,
                 $arg2);

beginning of next statement;
Is there a way to change this behavior? Is it possible to customize the indentation rules?
Search Options
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 19 January, 2004 - 18:32
i was wondering if there was any way to control the options on the search menu. I always use Ctrl-F to pop up the menu and enter my search string and hit enter, only to find out that "Ignore Case" isn't set. Is there a way to get that set by default ?

thanks.
Extending classpath for AntViz
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 16 January, 2004 - 18:30
I'm trying to figure out how to add a directory to the classpath that JEdit loads with. Couldn't find it in the help.
In particular, I'm trying to use AntVizPlugin but its failing because it doesn't understand some custom tasks that we've defined. If I can add the directory containing these task implementation classes maybe it would work.

Thanks
How do I tell jEdit that files that end in .jpf are really .java files.
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 15 January, 2004 - 17:27
My title about says it all. I would like to be able to tell jEdit that files that end in .jpf (and there are other association) are really .java files and apply the java formating and color coding.

Thanks.
External Help files, and Preview in Web Browser of active file :)
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 15 January, 2004 - 03:28
Hello,

After a few hours of frustration, I've finally got external help files (launched from a toolbar), and preview in web browser (also toolbar buttons) setup and working perfectly.

The way I did it was to use the Console plugin and I wrote a macro that launches processes. For the experts, this is probably no big deal, but for us beginners, here is how I did it..

runCommandInConsole(view,"System","hh \"I:\\Reference\\[Web]\\php_manual_en.chm\"");
view.getDockableWindowManager().toggleDockableWindow("console");

This loads the HTML help compiler with the php manual.

Newbie here, need to edit Java Based internet game
Submitted by DrSagan on Tuesday, 13 January, 2004 - 05:37
im kinda a newbie..... well.... i take that back... i AM a newbie at jEdit.... but i want to edit stuff on this game..... its called runescape (found at runescape.com) but i dont know how to use jEdit, being a newbie and all..... any help you have send to Mr_Sagan@hotmail.com

thx

-SAGAN
need cscope
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 9 January, 2004 - 20:12
I need a cscope-like feature. Cscope generates a list of all references to a symbol (like calls to a function, uses of a constant, references of a global, etc.) and puts it in a file. Then when you want to see all users of that symbol, it looks it up really fast. This replaces "search files" or "find in files" brute force searches which can take a really long time. Note it does not replace ctags. You use them both. VI users already get this though I do not want to use VI.

Are there any plug-ins that work like this? Any on the way?

Thanks.
Synchronized Scrolling
Submitted by ivery on Sunday, 4 January, 2004 - 23:14
Not sure whether this is a feature request but, when using the JDiff plugin, the split windows scroll together.

Is it possible to force split windows to have synchronised scrolling without using the plugin?
$ auto completion
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 30 December, 2003 - 20:43
Is there a plugin that will help auto-complete php user variables? Such that when you type a $, it will list out all of the variables you've used so far on that page.

Similarly, it knows when you've used a php key word because it will highlight it differently, is there an auto-completion for those?
Save a Copy As ...
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 30 December, 2003 - 20:37
I like to save my web pages locally, then upload them to my server. jEdit's File / Save a Copy As... function would be very good for this if it could just remember where my last copy was saved. It always brings up the file's local folder and I have to click on the Path dropdown and re-choose the ftp site. Is that something I could change as a preference? Thanks.
Will there be a fix for filling of text
Submitted by pcause on Tuesday, 30 December, 2003 - 13:53
I love jEdit and want to use it for ost editting, but I can not use it for writing notes, becuase the filling of text does not handle the convention that a period should be followed by 2 spaces. When jEdit fills, it tosses one of the spaces.
Blue line guide in pre8
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 29 December, 2003 - 21:33
In pre7 and pre8 I have a blue line going down the center of my editing window. It looks like a line guide but when I remove all line guides and make sure that line guides are off, it is still there. Any idea of how to turn this off? I have gotten used to it and have learned to ignore it, but it's strange that I can't get rid of it.
PRINTING USING CUPS ON REDHAT 7.3
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 22 December, 2003 - 10:09
I'm having a problem printing. I'm using CUPS printing sytem and have three network printers installed. These printers work fine through other applications but not through jEdit 4.1 final.

When I click on the print command from the file menu the message
"No Print Service found" is displayed.

Does anyone have any ideas to why it is finding the printers in CUPS?

Is this a java problem with the CUPS printing system?
I've looked on the web but cant find much info

Matt.
Search: How to set "default filter"
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 18 December, 2003 - 12:07
Hello there,

I am using jedit to write C source code. To find functions I often use directory search.

When opening directory search the filter is sometimes reset to "*.c" although I always enter "*.[hc]" in this field.

How can I change this behaviour and for example have "*.[hc]" as default filter?

Cheers
Daniel
Germany
wrap margin in 4.2pre7
Submitted by mcmilwj on Wednesday, 17 December, 2003 - 15:02
I recently upgraded from 4.1 final to 4.2pre7 and I can't figure out how to configure things as they were in 4.1f for wrapping. In 4.1f, I set word wrap on soft and unfortunately I can't recall what the wrap margin was set at. Nevertheless, I though that the wrap margin in 4.1f somehow adjusted with the edit pane's width as I never had to scroll vertically to see my code. I don't seem to be able to achieve this in 4.2p7.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348