jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
regular expression, on how to match cross lines
Submitted by zhangweiwu on Sunday, 31 January, 2010 - 10:56
Hello.

By default single dot "." in jEdit do not match line break. In effect it is pretty much the same as [^\n].

When I want to match across multiple lines, I often use [^韡], which matches \n just fine. e.g. the following matches everything between Section and EndSection, it can match a few hundreds lines just fine:

Section[^韡]*EndSection

This method is "invented" by me, because my name 韡 is a really rare character that hardly used anywere, and I just need an impossible character in [^] so that I can match across lines.

I write this post to ask what is the standard way to do so, than my home-brew method.
SVNPlugin and ssh
Submitted by chumanoid on Friday, 29 January, 2010 - 15:24
Does anybody know, how to make it works with ssh protocol (ssh+svn)
jEdit Compile and Run [JAVA]
Submitted by lurgen on Friday, 29 January, 2010 - 09:31
I'm looking for a plugin which have a feature to compile & run by pressed one button(JAVA). Like in jCreator. I have found NetRexxJe but the newest version is from 2003, and it dosen't work now. I know there is jCompile, but I want fuction - compile & run at once. I will be realy appreciated for help Eye-wink
Column mode and encoding help!
Submitted by Advice Pro on Sunday, 24 January, 2010 - 00:31
I need to change line ending encoding in column mode which I heard is the easiest method of achieving line end encoding.
Infoviewer external browser not working?
Submitted by wpong3@gmail.com on Friday, 22 January, 2010 - 20:35
Apologies if this is a faq, or a bug -- I don't think it is, so I'll post here (I did a search and hope I didn't miss) --

I've tried to configure Infoviewer plugin to use mozilla, but I can't seem to get it to work -- either with mozilla, or with IE. Here are the settings I'm using when trying to get mozilla to work...

Plugins > Plugin Options > Info Viewer > Choose Browser
"Use internal InfoViewer instead of HelpViewer" (I've tried with this checked *and* unchecked, no apparent difference)
"Choose Preferred Browser" > External Browser
"Configure Browser" > "External Browser Command" > C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (I've tried putting the path in quotes, w/o quotes, with quotes and double-slashes, no apparent difference)

I've looked at the activity log, but don't even find the word "mozilla" in the file, which suggests I'm doing something really silly, as jedit is (apparently) not even *trying* to parse my command line. What am I doing wrong?

FWIW, I'm runing wxp pro sp3. I've recently updated my j-edit install (was using 4.3 pre16, now using 4.3). I've installed the latest plugin.

Thanks all,
--wpong
Considering using jEdit
Submitted by ineuw on Friday, 22 January, 2010 - 02:48
I am considering switching from TextPad 5.31 and was wondering about several features if they are available.

1. Editing macros.
2. Assigning macros to keyboard shortcuts.
3. Rectangular area selected copy and paste
4. Toggle word wrap with the keyboard.
What are these gray bars?
Submitted by keremcan on Monday, 18 January, 2010 - 02:44
Hi

I am getting these vertical gray lines in my files. I understand the function , but I would like to disable them. Does anyone know where they come from and how to disable them? They are quite distracting

Here is a screenshot from
http://shup.com/Shup/268750/_Screencaptor_1_17_2010-8_39_43-PM.png
Status bar time display problem
Submitted by rdindir on Sunday, 17 January, 2010 - 12:38
Hi,

I am new to the java environment and was trying out jedit. I have a question regarding the time in the status
bar. It displays the time in a different time zone (Pakistan time zone I believe). The Insert_Date macro
displays the date in PKT time zone and shows the same time on the status bar. It may be related to my JRE, but
am not sure.

How can I change this?

Regards,
Riza Dindir
CodeBrowser plugin, Exuberant ctags and macosx???
Submitted by timou on Saturday, 16 January, 2010 - 08:39
Hi...

I just switch to macosx...

`Whre can I find the exuberant ctags for macos, to use with codebrowser????
I dont see the ctags to point to!!

thanks
The LONG_ENTRY element .. how to type new line in text field?
Submitted by d_l on Thursday, 14 January, 2010 - 20:48
From Commando Help ..
The LONG_ENTRY element
A LONG_ENTRY element adds a multiple line text area to the commando panel. It must be placed inside the UI element.

I can paste long word wrapped text from notepad .. such as the above text ..
But if I type text into the text field, using [enter key] as end of line, the UI window closes prematurely.
How do I type new lines into long format text field?
Why did it take 5 years?
Submitted by 6tr6tr on Monday, 11 January, 2010 - 16:36
I love jEdit and recommend it to everyone but over the last 5 years a LOT of people left jEdit and have been wary of using it because there was so much time between releases. They felt like it wouldn't be supported and they'd have to switch late in the game to another platform/ide. So just wondering...why did it take 5 years to get to 4.3?
File System Browser can`t not work with windows 7
Submitted by zcjsg on Monday, 11 January, 2010 - 01:48
when using the File System Browser , I found it could not list the any file or directories;
I tried many times,but it still cant`t use it.
I dont`t know why ,please help!
my system is "windows 7",using "jedit 4.3 stable version"
Thank you!
How do I tidy my PHP code
Submitted by Zanzor on Sunday, 10 January, 2010 - 09:48
Hi, I am from South Africa and started using jEdit in the last week. Can anybody out in the community tell me how do I tidy any 3rd party pasted PHP source code in the editor window. Normally in most other editors you just highlight all the source code, right click, and select 'Tidy Source Code' but I can't find the equivalent command in jEdit. Thanks in advance.
List built-in commands
Submitted by d_l on Saturday, 9 January, 2010 - 17:26
The welcome message in Console.System Plugin reads ..

"Press TAB with an empty command line to list built-in commands.
Run built-in with --help argument to get a brief usage message.
Run %help to view Console plugin online help".

But running jEdit in Vista .. I see nothing when I press TAB.

%help does launch help.

How else can I list built-in commands?
Multiple instances/views
Submitted by painted on Thursday, 31 December, 2009 - 17:51
Hello,

I need to be able to use multiple instances of jedit to work on completely separate projects. I was getting by well enough doing View menu/New View and then closing all the open files in the buffer of the new view and setting up the File Browser as I need it. However since the last update if I open a new view, and open or close files into that view's buffer, the files also open/close in the previous buffer, so basically both views are identical which doesn't help for working on two separate projects.

Is there any way to open completely separate instances, or at least get the old view behavior back?

Thanks!
Commercial use of jEdit HelpViewer
Submitted by weberjn on Thursday, 17 December, 2009 - 13:31
Hi,

jEdit and it's modules are under GPL.

Would the copyright owners of jEdit HelpViewer dual license it under Apache license, too or would they offer a commercial license?

Thanks,
Juergen
Using bitmapped fonts.
Submitted by chuckf on Monday, 14 December, 2009 - 23:05
How can I use a bitmapped font with jedit?
Thanks,
chuckf
Whole project autocomplete?
Submitted by SrGris on Wednesday, 9 December, 2009 - 21:45
Hi,

Its posible to have autocompletion for a whole project (not only opened buffers) via jedit plugins?

I am coding in PHP.

Thanks
Jedit look and feel Themes
Submitted by danilo2 on Tuesday, 8 December, 2009 - 20:32
Hi!
I'm new user of JEdit and I'm slowly discovering all its amazing features.
One of the things, I want to do on the beginning, is I want to adjust the look of this editor - I know it is possible.
Currently I want to achivve effect like this one:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jhhCwGCa5Zg/SnvW0GHuRQI/AAAAAAAAAAs/CE7MmLBA96c/s1600-h/Screenshot-jEdit+-+~-Desktop-haxegui-haxegui-controls-Component.hx+%28modified%29+%5BGroup:+All+Projects%5D.png

Could you please tell me:

1) how can I edit the color schemes - where are the schemes files?
(I found that in "look and feel" plugin there are looks and feels like "skin" or "oyoaha" - but I cannot find instructions how to write themes for them Sad

2) Can I adjust color schemes for other looks like "lipstik"?

3) Please tell me too if I can "add" the jtattoo look into JEdit - because I cannot figure how to do that Sad

Thank you very very much Smiling
jedit and git
Submitted by vivekbhat on Thursday, 3 December, 2009 - 10:09
Hi,

Is there a way I can use git with jedit. Like while creating projects, in the Verison Control there is a choice of subversion... I wanted to use git instead of that. Can I do that...
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348