jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Text insertion before a number on 10,000 text lines possible?
Submitted by chris_anda_phot... on Thursday, 5 January, 2006 - 21:25
Text insertion before a number on 10,000 text lines possible?

I figure it could be possible to do it with a macro or action script of sorts however one would need to start from the last line forward as the text inserted will need to be 3 lines or more itself and that would make the line seeking not work properly if started from the beginning.. Below is example of what I am trying to achieve..

turned into this 10,000 times automated in a batch file?

Please post a reply as what application I should be using if any you know of out there?

below is what the end 10,000 lines turned into 40,000 should look like...

SAME TEXT SAME TEXT 111111
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT 222222
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT 333333
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT 444444
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT
SAME TEXT SAME TEXT 555555

If you think I will have do this by hand please also post a reply.. Thanks for reading this.. 2 word comments are fine.. Cheers
File type settings. How to detect ant scripts not named build.xml
Submitted by ffox on Thursday, 5 January, 2006 - 19:15
I've combed through the forums and search and I am not certain if this is documented, or can even be done.

I work a lot with ant scripts and many are not named build.xml. I am looking for a way to reference xml files other then build.xml as ant file. Is this possible, and if so how?

Thanks!

Smiling
Python autocompletion?
Submitted by usernamenumber on Thursday, 5 January, 2006 - 02:18
Is it possible to have jedit do something like pycrust or SPE, where typing...

import os
os.

would pop up a dialogue with a list of methods and properties (preferably including doc strings) from the object/module preceding '.'?

If so, what would be required to set this up?
Colorize Columns
Submitted by Robert Schwenn on Wednesday, 4 January, 2006 - 21:05
For making annoying ASCII-Formats (without enough whitespaces in it) easier to read I want to colorize different columns with different colors (i.e. columns 1-10 = yellow, columns 11-20 = red, and so on).

Does have anyone an idea to realize that?

Thanks
Robert
Tabs in Rectangle Mode
Submitted by liran vigdor on Thursday, 29 December, 2005 - 12:23
When in Rectangle mode , if I try to use Vertical input ( typing the same text to a couple of line vertically)
I cant use TAB , it only puts one vertical TAb and then exits the Vertical mode?
Any suggestions?
CP 852
Submitted by rognaj on Friday, 9 December, 2005 - 10:15
Currently, I have a lot of option in Character encoding:

ISO-8859-XX
UTF-XX
Windows-XXXX

But, old DOS CP 852 is missing.

How to create new one or where to get it?

Regards,
Misko
Create new mode
Submitted by rognaj on Friday, 9 December, 2005 - 09:47
I have a problem with creating new mode - no syntax highlighitng! I create new mode and have a problem. OK, I (probbably) made error when creating new one. Then create new in next steps: 1. Copy existing mode (pascal.xml) to new (newmode.xml) 2. In catalog file added Try to use this new mode but without syntax higlighting? And yes, I select Buffer option/Edit mode: NEWMODE! Why syntax highlighiting doesn't work? Please help, Misko
Saving Folds From Session to Session
Submitted by Aristoi on Wednesday, 7 December, 2005 - 16:08
Hello,

Is there any way (with plugins or whatever) to save the closed folds after you close and reload? I've tried the build in support plus the Configurable Fold Handler but have not managed to get it to work.

Thanks.
Autocompletion: CSS, PHP, HTML
Submitted by tpfkanep on Wednesday, 7 December, 2005 - 06:41
Just installed the application with the following plugins: - CSS Editor - ErrorList - JTidy - Latest version check - PHPParserPlugin - QuickNotepad - Sidekick - XML I just cannot get autocompletion to work when I am creating a PHP document. I press but nothing happens. OK something happens: - I type - Instead of an autocompletion list, I get a [backspace] action: , I get a blank document. Please help
Plugins menu - flat view - alphabetical submenus
Submitted by mixmax0707 on Tuesday, 6 December, 2005 - 19:26
I would like to have a flat plugins menu without A-M and N-Z submenus. Is it possible?

If not, then is it possible to have a few plugins of my choice in the main plugins menu und the rest in letter submenus of the plugins menu?

Wish you a nice day
Thomas
SQL Plugin: Specify password at connect time?
Submitted by Cornell on Monday, 5 December, 2005 - 20:41
I've installed jEdit 4.2final on a WinXP. I've used the Plugin manager to install ProjectViewer and SQL (among others).

I note that in a project's properties, I can define servers including Password and Username. (I'm using a DB2 database, ODBC appears to be the only available SQL server type).

I can't seem to find a mechanism to enter the password only when connection is attempted. I don't wish to leave my password, or username for that matter, in the definition of the server. I'd like a situation such that when I try to make a connection, I am asked for the password, or username/password.

Can I do this? And, if so, how?

TIA
Console ProjectViewer working directory at startup
Submitted by skytomorrownow on Monday, 5 December, 2005 - 00:23
I've done a search through the forms and Google, and couldn't find the answer to this question: Is there a way to get console to cd (change directory) to the current default project directory for ProjectViewer. It's the last little touch I need to have my happy little Java IDE.

Any help would be appreciated.

JEdit + Console + ProjectViewer + Ant Farm = Smiling
Emacs Shortcuts and Mac Menus?
Submitted by Jason Cone on Sunday, 4 December, 2005 - 03:30
I'm trying jEdit out -- I typically use emacs as my text editor.

I can't find any emacs key bindings, and when I try to manually change the shortcuts in the global options, the dialog will not accept a keystroke containing ctrl or opt (alt); it will only accept the cmd key as a meta key. Is there any way to get ctrl-based shortcuts on Mac OS X? Is there an easy way to configure jEdit for emacs key bindings (e.g. Ctrl-E to move to the end of the line, etc)?

Also, I tried using the included Mac OS X Setting plugin to use a Mac-style menubar at the top of the screen, but it is still in the jEdit window. I've checked/unchecked the checkbox and restarted jEdit multiple times, but I still have a menubar in the application window. Am I missing something?
Commando Question
Submitted by cpsmusic on Thursday, 1 December, 2005 - 11:07
Hi, I'd like to write a commando file for calling a C compiler. I've had a look at some of the available commando files. I understand the XML parts however I'm not clear about the COMMAND section, for example: buf = new StringBuffer("cd "); buf.append(MiscUtilities.getParentOfPath(buffer.getPath())); buf.toString(); buf = new StringBuffer(gcc); if(wall) buf.append(" -Wall"); if(!link) buf.append(" -c"); if(!addopts.equals("")) { buf.append(" "); buf.append(addopts); } buf.append(" "); buf.append(source); buf.toString(); Is this BeanShell? Cheers, Chris
Using Console Plugin Question
Submitted by cpsmusic on Tuesday, 29 November, 2005 - 17:28
Hi,

I'm new to jEdit.

I'd like to use it for cross-platform C development.

I'm particularly interested in how to compile, link and execute code from jEdit. I've installed the Console plugin and managed to get it to compile some C code (I'm currently working on Windows).

The plugin has a command to "Compile Current Buffer/Run Current Buffer" however when I try to execute these commands I get the following error message:

"There is no compiler associated with this buffer. You can specify compilers on a mode-specific basis in the Utilities->Global Options dialog box"

I've had a look in this dialog box however I can't see where to set this--can someone please explain how to do this.

Cheers,

Chris
coping marked word to search-next
Submitted by liran vigdor on Tuesday, 22 November, 2005 - 09:58
how do I mark a word and then just automatically fills it into the Find-next option ?
( used crimson editor before, and u just mark a word,and click search-next - it automatically search for the next marked word)
Autocompletion?
Submitted by sillydragon on Monday, 21 November, 2005 - 17:20
I've noticed when I edit XML or HTML files, if I enter part of a tag a scrollbox will pop up offering me possibilities for completing the tag... Where does it get the information for that? I'm making an edit mode for another language and I'd like to add autocompletion of function names, but can't seem to figure out where to configure that. I thought it was Accelerators, but my template folder is empty. Thanks in advance for any help. Smiling
Jedit Single Instance
Submitted by rem on Sunday, 20 November, 2005 - 23:24
Hi everybody,

Just got to use Jedit and already think it's a great tool... However, I was wondering, is there a way to keep only one instance of Jedit open? If I choose to open a file assigned to Jedit from other location than File / Open I would like to have it within the same instance on another tab.

Thanks a million.
How to recover original abbrevs file?
Submitted by davmay on Sunday, 13 November, 2005 - 19:14
I am running jEdit 4.2 on Windows XP. I have made changes to the abbrevs file and now I would like to recover a copy of the default abbrevs file as it came with the original jEdit source files. I'm not familiar with the syntax for working with Java files -- can someone provide me with a command-line for extracting the original abbrevs file from the source files, or show me some other way of doing this? Thanks.
How to shortcut temporary splits/unsplits?
Submitted by davmay on Thursday, 10 November, 2005 - 17:26
When the user splits a view, little wedges pointing up, down, left or right are displayed at the upper left-hand corner of the panes. These are very handy in expanding the current pane and then restoring it to its previous configuration. I would like to create keyboard shortcuts for these useful functions, but I haven't been able to identify the commands by looking in the shortcuts list or in the API list. Can anyone tell me what these commands are called, and if they can be activated by a user shortcut?
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349