Plugin Central updates: JythonInterpreter, Templates
Submitted by Sunday, 24 February, 2002 - 03:45
- JythonInterpreter 0.8: updated to jEdit 4.0.6 and uses the new Macro Handler API (Mike Dillon); removed custom namespace to ensure macro compability; added option to autoload all plugins' jars; added export session; added the BufferList class to make a jEdit Buffer act like a Python list; removed deprecated functions; requires jEdit 4.0pre6 and JDK 1.3; includes Jython 2.1
- Templates 2.0.0: compatible with jEdit 4.0 API's; selection of Templates menu items can now be recorded in macros (as requested by Richard Wan); requires jEdit 4.0pre4 and JDK 1.3
Plugin Central updates
Submitted by Tuesday, 15 January, 2002 - 06:00
- BufferTabs 0.7.6: switched to Ant and DocBook; fixed an EditBus-related memory leak; requires jEdit 3.2.2 and JDK 1.1
- WhiteSpace 0.9: switched to Ant and DocBook; all highlighting options except fold highlighting now default to false; WhiteSpace toggle actions are now buffer specific; requires jEdit 3.2.2 and JDK 1.1
BufferTabs works with both jEdit 3.2 and 4.0. WhiteSpace only works with jEdit 3.2.2.
JProjexx 0.3 and an example plugin available
Submitted by Friday, 11 January, 2002 - 18:54
Version 0.3 of the JProjexx framework for project management is now available. The Downloads
area has an archive containing jar files for JProjexx and a new beta version of the Sessions plugin that has been refactored to use the framework as a "proof of concept". The archive file also contains detailed javadocs for both JProjexx and Sessions. The next phase of development will cover an extension of the JProjexx class hierarchy specifically to cover Java-based projects and a component that will query the jEdit environment for project-aware plugins.
Plugin Central update: WheelMouse
Submitted by Friday, 4 January, 2002 - 07:28
Back from a too-short holiday vacation, I've just now had a chance to release the latest batch of plugin updates. This is a small one, consisting only of a new version of the WheelMouse plugin for jEdit 3.2.2/JDK 1.4.
* WheelMouse 2.2: updated to no longer beep when scrolling too far up or down; requires jEdit 3.2.2 and JDK 1.4
Happy solstice to all, and Happy New Year to my fellow Gregorian-calendeers.
Javadocs for jEdit 4.0pre3 available.
Submitted by Wednesday, 2 January, 2002 - 17:57
Javadocs for the latest development version of jEdit, version 4.0pre3, are available for viewing in the Online Resources
area of jEdit Community.
Revised version of JProjexx framework available
Submitted by Wednesday, 2 January, 2002 - 15:19
Version 0.2 of the JProjexx framework for project management is now available. Detailed javadocs can be obtained from the Downloads
area, and source code is now available for the first time through the jEdit CVS repository
. While still in an early development stage, the framework has been expanded and now includes XML serialization and initial versions of leaf classes that can be used in the jEdit environment.
New version of jEditLauncher available
Submitted by Sunday, 30 December, 2001 - 12:27
To upgrade an operating version of jEditLauncher, simply unpack the contents of the archive in your jEdit installation directory. The file jeshlstb.dl_ may be deleted. If your current version of jEditLauncher is not working for any reason, copy the contents of the archive in your jEdit installation directory, run jedit.exe /i from a command line, and reboot your machine if requested to do so.
In connection with the development of jEdit 4.0, jEditLauncher will be enhanced further to provide additional logging options and to wrap more of jEdit's own command line option for greater flexibility and ease of use.
Plugin Central updates: ContextHelp, HartMathPlugin, WheelMouse, XInsert
Submitted by Saturday, 22 December, 2001 - 09:46
- ContextHelp 1.7: miscellaneous changes; requires jEdit 3.2pre9, Console 3.0, and JDK 1.1
- HartMathPlugin 0.7.19: calls now an Init.bsh beanshell script at startup; every new created user-defined symbol starting with an upper-case letter calls now an Init.bsh beanshell script; every function starting with an upper-case letter can call a .bsh beanshell script; all beanshell scripts are now placed in the /.jedit/hartmath/bshscripts directory; bugfixes; requires jEdit 3.2pre1, Console 3.0, EditBus 1.1, and JDK 1.3
- WheelMouse 2.1: adds ability to for different wheel behaviour with modifier keys pressed; requires jEdit 3.1final and JDK 1.4
jEdit 4.0pre3 now available
Submitted by Saturday, 22 December, 2001 - 03:43
is now available. This release features improved folding, context-sensitive commenting commands, ActionScript syntax highlighting, and some miscellaneous enhancements and bug fixes. Full changelog can be found here
Plugin Central updates
Submitted by Saturday, 15 December, 2001 - 12:32
- AStylePlugin 0.4: updated for jEdit 4.0; requires jEdit 4.0pre1 and JDK 1.1
- SpeedJava 0.1.3: fixes focus bug under JDK 1.4; requires jEdit 3.2final and JDK 1.2
- TomcatSwitch 0.3: added support for Tomcat 3.3.x and 4.x; 'javaw' is called only if appropriate (thanks to John Gellene and Ingo Herschmann); the "status" command shows the current invocation command text; changing preferences is not allowed when Tomcat is running; the open folder button icon in the option pane is visible; removed explicit dependence from the EditBus plugin; requires jEdit 3.2.2, Console 3.0, Jakarta Tomcat 3.2, 3.3, or 4, and JDK 1.1
Plugin Central updates: JythonInterpreter, Tags
Submitted by Monday, 3 December, 2001 - 01:24
- JythonInterpreter 0.6.1: removed JDK 1.4 dependencies; requires jEdit 3.2.2, EditBus 1.0, and JDK 1.3
- Tags 1.0.4: the "1.0.4" release contains the changes that should have been released as "1.0.3" (the "1.0.3" released recently was actually still "1.0.1"); [ from previous announcement ] fixed bug where if you removed tag index files from the search the code would remember the later entries; fixed bug where searching for tag search string in file was using the search file set; fixed bug in option panel where changes to the list of tag index files
Submitted by Saturday, 1 December, 2001 - 11:28
- JythonInterpreter 0.6: completely redesigned GUI, with a toolbar and a text area, directly editable; new implementation mostly in Jython; new run current buffer button; new run current buffer to another buffer button; new import current buffer button; new JythonPath editor; new PathBrowser; improved error handling, including an Error button which allows to jump to the error source; check jython version, which verifies if the right version is in use; history moved to CTRL+UP and CTRL+DOWN keys; documentation moved to DocBook; requires jEdit 3.2.2, EditBus 1.0, and JDK 1.4 (will probably revert to 1.3 in next release)
New TaskList plugin beta
Submitted by Thursday, 29 November, 2001 - 14:35
The plugin currently provides a useful but limited set of features. Please take a look at it and let us know what suggestions you might have for improvements or additional features. What follows are some technical comments on the plugin that have also been posted on the jedit-devel mailing list.
The plugin is designed to present task comments for more than one buffer at a time, but the feature is not available because the code is not completely realized. Are there any thoughts on how this should be done? Here are mine: the sets could be tied to file set classes used by jEdit's Search and Replace routines, so you could have all open buffers, all files in a directory or directory tree satisfying a file mask, or a single buffer.
jEdit 4.0pre2 now available
Submitted by Sunday, 25 November, 2001 - 04:28
- MacOS plugin bundled (Kris Kopicki)
- jEdit exits cleanly when Command+Q is pressed
- Files created or associated with jEdit can now be opened from the Finder by double-clicking on them, or dragging them to the jEdit icon
- jEdit is assigned as the creator of new files
- A few Alt-key shortcuts added for commonly-used commands so that you don't have to move your fingers all over the keyboard:
- A+i, A+k: prev, next line
- A+j, A+l: prev, next character
New macros for November 2001
Submitted by Friday, 23 November, 2001 - 15:00
- Run_Script.bsh - Runs script using interpreter based upon buffer's editing mode (by default, determined using file extension). This macro was recently revised to handle paths containing spaces correctly under Windows.
- Add_Import.bsh - Adds an import statement to the beginning of a Java source file and returns the editing caret to the starting location.
- Clip_Get_and_Set.bsh - Creates get() and set() methods from variables contained in selected text. This macro works by grabbing text on the lines of the selected text and parsing it to get the first two tokens that are not contained in the macro's global string variable 'modifiers'. It then copies simple get() and set() methods to the clipboard.
New beta plugin: Word Completion 0.2
Submitted by Tuesday, 13 November, 2001 - 10:43
Please note that it's a bit difficult to describe the behaviour if you are not that used to it. Just install it into your system and try it out (see below).
The plugin is available in source form in jEdit's CVS repository.
A pre-compiled binary can be found at the IQ Computing web site
or in the beta plugins download area on the jEdit Community web site.
To install the binary Jar file, just copy it into jEdit's "jars" directory, then restart jEdit.
Macros from jEdit 3.2.2 available online
Submitted by Sunday, 11 November, 2001 - 15:02
Because they are already available with jEdit 3.2.2, these macros will not be featured in the "Latest Downlaods" report. They have been revised to work with jEdit 4.0 where necessary and contain their own documentation. A group of six search macros from version 3.2.2 that work together are available in a single archive as the "Find Occurence" macro package
These additions bring the current number of macros in our Downlaods database to 82 (not counting multiple macros bundled in packages).
It's raining macros....
Submitted by Friday, 9 November, 2001 - 03:12
- BeanShell_Scratch_Pad.bsh - this macro provides a multi-line text area for entering and testing BeanShell scripts.
- Build_CDBB_Database.bsh - this macro from Tom Gutwin automates the building of a CodeAid database file.
- ChangeUIFonts.bsh - based on code written by Dirk Moebius, this macro changes display fonts used by jEdit and most dockable plugins.
- EditBus_Components.bsh - this macro writes a list of EditBus components to the current editing buffer.
- EditBus_Viewer.bsh - adapted from a deprecated plugin, this macro provides a graphical list of components attached to the EditBus.
Plugin updates: CharacterMap and Tags
Submitted by Wednesday, 7 November, 2001 - 09:14
- CharacterMap 1.0.4: 1.0.3 was broken: fixed "Character Map" menu item; requires jEdit 3.0final and JDK 1.1
- Tags 1.0.1: fixed bug with reordering a newly added tag index file; tag file list is now stored as a set of numbered properties; requires jEdit 3.2final and JDK 1.1
jEdit 4.0pre1 now available
Submitted by Monday, 5 November, 2001 - 08:35
This release has a lot of new features, but is also likely to be very buggy, and the documentation has not been updated for any of the new goodies yet. Also, a number of plugins (including mine) are broken by this release. Take care and have fun.
I would like to release jEdit 4.0pre2 two weeks from now, along with an updated set of plugins at the same time. There will then be a pre3 release at the start of December, right before I move back to New Zealand, where I will buy a new computer and switch to Java 1.3 as my primary JDK. 4.0pre4 will follow soon after, and this release will finally drop 1.1 compatibility.