It's raining macros....
Submitted by Friday, 9 November, 2001 - 03:12
- BeanShell_Scratch_Pad.bsh - this macro provides a multi-line text area for entering and testing BeanShell scripts.
- Build_CDBB_Database.bsh - this macro from Tom Gutwin automates the building of a CodeAid database file.
- ChangeUIFonts.bsh - based on code written by Dirk Moebius, this macro changes display fonts used by jEdit and most dockable plugins.
- EditBus_Components.bsh - this macro writes a list of EditBus components to the current editing buffer.
- EditBus_Viewer.bsh - adapted from a deprecated plugin, this macro provides a graphical list of components attached to the EditBus.
Plugin updates: CharacterMap and Tags
Submitted by Wednesday, 7 November, 2001 - 09:14
- CharacterMap 1.0.4: 1.0.3 was broken: fixed "Character Map" menu item; requires jEdit 3.0final and JDK 1.1
- Tags 1.0.1: fixed bug with reordering a newly added tag index file; tag file list is now stored as a set of numbered properties; requires jEdit 3.2final and JDK 1.1
jEdit 4.0pre1 now available
Submitted by Monday, 5 November, 2001 - 08:35
This release has a lot of new features, but is also likely to be very buggy, and the documentation has not been updated for any of the new goodies yet. Also, a number of plugins (including mine) are broken by this release. Take care and have fun.
I would like to release jEdit 4.0pre2 two weeks from now, along with an updated set of plugins at the same time. There will then be a pre3 release at the start of December, right before I move back to New Zealand, where I will buy a new computer and switch to Java 1.3 as my primary JDK. 4.0pre4 will follow soon after, and this release will finally drop 1.1 compatibility.
Plugin updates: a round of nine
Submitted by Monday, 5 November, 2001 - 05:26
- CharacterMap 1.0.3: fixes an incompatibility with the upcoming jEdit 4.0pre1; requires jEdit 3.0final and JDK 1.1
- HartMathPlugin 0.7.pre17: initial Plugin Central release; Fold() function added; new symbol attributes NHoldAll, NHoldRest, NHoldFirst added in com\hartmath\expression\HSymbol.java; requires jEdit 3.2.1, Console 3.0, EditBus 1.1, ErrorList 1.1, and JDK 1.2
- InfoViewer 1.0: no longer dependent on EditBus plugin (plugins that used the message org.gjt.sp.jedit.msg.ViewURL from the EditBus plugin should now use public static void InfoViewerPlugin.openURL(View,String) directly); the internal (Java/Swing driven) browser is now dockable into jEdit's view (Use this to create a HTML preview pane, when editing HTML files); new options for automatic update of the current page of the internal browser: update on buffer switch, on buffer save, periodically (Use this to watch a stock ticker, or to sync your edit buffer with the preview pane automatically); some other minor enhancements; bugfix: "Edit current URL" didn't work if URL had an anchor; requires jEdit 3.1final and JDK 1.1