jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
xml plugin bug ? (first element namespace)
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 12 December, 2004 - 13:04
When a DTD (or a schema) defines a namesapce in the tag that declares it, XML Insert doesn't show the element tree. (it seems that it happens only for the root tag)

Similar problems have been reported here: http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/1262
and have been associated to Xerces but I am not sure this is true.

I haven't seen any solution to that.

Any ideas/help ?

Manolis
Can't run DIR etc in Console Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 7 December, 2004 - 06:24
I've seen a couple of other posts with the same problem (i.e., running DIR or LS etc. in the Console Plugin doesn't do anything) but none of them end up with a solution. When I run commands other than CD from the Console Plugin, nothing happens (except that an icon spins) and the following errors are printed on my Windows Command Prompt:
> java -jar jedit.jar
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated wh
en linking gnu/regexp/RESyntax class
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.StreamThread.(StreamThread.java:19
3)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.ConsoleProcess.(ConsoleProcess.java:
65)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.SystemShell.execute(SystemShell.java:198)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.Console.run(Console.java:412)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.Console.access$1300(Console.java:44)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.Console$RunActionHandler.actionPerformed(C
onsole.java:758)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.ConsolePane.fireActionEvent(ConsolePane.ja
va:134)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.ConsolePane$EnterAction.actionPerformed(Co
nsolePane.java:347)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown So
urce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown S
ource)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown
Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Sou
rce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unkn
own Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEv
ent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKe
yEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAsse
rtions(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent
(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar
chy(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch
y(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown So
urce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown So
urce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Changing directories with CD works however. Look at the forums I see that other users have had or are having the same problem, so it would be nice to get a solution posted here for future reference. Any ideas?
JEdit working very slow
Submitted by sivanr on Monday, 6 December, 2004 - 14:50
Hello,
I'm using jEdit for several months now, and I'm very pleased with it.
One problem is bugging me from the start: altough I have several strong linux machines, I always get very slow responses from jEdit. It just works slow in all the editing issues one normally perform.

My configuration is:
I work on a desktop PC running win2k, I connect to a remote (but on-site, on my LAN) linux machine using "Exceed" software, and open a KDE desktop. Within this desktop I run jEdit.

Can someone help me with it, or point me to the appropreiate thread in this forum? I looked and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance,
Sivan.
problem with plugins.jedit.org
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 6 December, 2004 - 12:06
I can't connect to plugins.jedit.org to install new plugins.
Maybe it's only with my PC, but I have the problem with linux and with windows.
And I have installed jEdit 4.2 several times.
problem with plugins.jedit.org
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 6 December, 2004 - 11:12
I can't connect to plugins.jedit.org to install new plugins.
Maybe it's only with my PC, but I have the problem with linux and with windows.
And I have installed jEdit 4.2 several times.
Lilypond plugin
Submitted by john smit on Saturday, 4 December, 2004 - 00:29
Hope someone can help me with the following problem.
I installed the lilypond plugin.
Plugins > LilyTool.
When I say > Run Lilypond: I get the message:
Error running external command.
Please ensure that bash path is set up correctly in Plugins>PluginOptions>LilyTool.

question: where is my path?
jEdit is in: C:/Program Files/jEdit.
LilyPond 2.2.5. is in: C:/cygwin/usr/src/lilypond-2.2.5

I am puzzled.
thanks

John
How to get jEdit v4.2 open files in same instance?
Submitted by a992400 on Friday, 3 December, 2004 - 03:58
In jEdit v4.1, every time I opened a subsequent file using right-click on the file, it would open in the existing instance of jEdit. jEdit v4.2 starts a new instance for each one, forcing me to Alt+Tab back and forth. How do I get jEdit v4.2 to open multiple files in the same instance?
error during using "Macro Manager" plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 1 December, 2004 - 13:35
Hi, (sorry for my English, i am Czech)

When i use Macro Manager, during downloading macros list, this plugin ends with error.
Screenshot is on www.volny.cz/tomikb/chyba.jpg

Please, help me. Thank you, very match. Tom.
backslash in macro with gnu.regexp not possible
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 17:36
Trying to write a macro for removing empty lines I found that the beanshell interpreter breaks on the regular expression definition
String blankLine = new String("^\s$");
This is very annoying because working with regular expressions without backslash is simply impossible.
Error reads:
Sourced file: /home/kister/.jedit/macros/Shrink_Blank_Lines.bsh Token Parsing Error: Lexical error at line 18, column 41. Encountered: "\\" (92), after : "\'^":
Versions are: jedit 4.2 final on Linux and Blackdown JDK 1.4.1
Any help would be highly recommended.
Ulf Kister
Look and Feel trouble?
Submitted by eposse on Friday, 26 November, 2004 - 20:31
Hi. I'm having trouble with the look and feel options. jEdit comes with 3 default L&Fs: Metal, Motif and Windows, but whenever I change it, it is completely ignored, and I can only get the Metal look. I've tried installing the LookAndFeel plugin, but only two worked: Kunststoff and Metouia. The others, Skin and Oyoaha say there are some missing (nameless) files.

Is there a way to make these work? How about the Windows look?

I have the problem both under Windows (XP) and Linux (SuSE 9).
bash shell in console bar
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 22 November, 2004 - 23:25
Hello.
I've downloaded and installed the console plugin and his dependencies.
After the installation in typed bash in the "System" Console, the prompt appeared
and I tested my *.sh scripts. Fine.
But it only works one time. When I try to start bash on the next day the two animated arrows
(recyling icon) "turn around" but there appears no promt.
After a while when I type e.g. ls there's the following error message
"/bin/bash: line 1: ls: command not found"
I think its curious that it works only the first time after the installation.
Can you help me?
Greets from Germany
Philipp
XML plugin problem
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 20 November, 2004 - 22:55
I feel like I overlooked something obvious, but anyway: here's my problem - the xml plugin doesn't recognize the xhtml doctype if it's not at the beginning of file. I have a file with some php code (which doesn't output anything) followed by some xhtml and I need that php on the beginning because of headers. Is there any way to make the XML plugin ignore the php code and recognize the doctype even if it's not on the first line?
TAB key stops working
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 20 November, 2004 - 12:06
I'm using JEdit to edit Java source code. I use the TAB key to indent. It seems to work just fine until suddenly the TAB key seems to stop working. That is, when I press the TAB key at the start of a new line to indent it, nothing happens.

I have found that if I close the file, exit Jedit, then try editing the same file again, the TAB key again seems to work properly, for a while. After a while, the TAB key again seems to stop responding.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Michael Galvin
Muskegon, MI
custom classes in jcompiler
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 19 November, 2004 - 20:00
Hi,
im new to java and jedit(great features) my main problem is that i have to use custom classes that come with my learning script. First is there a global dir where java looks for them? Second i added the path to the classpath in jcompiler: /home/Programmierung/classes/
When i compile my helloworld:

import javakurs.io.*;

public class BeispielApp {
public static void main( String[] argv )
{

Ausgabe.println( "Hello World" );

}

}

it runs trough and dont seem to make errors, but when i wanna run my prog with the console java i get this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javakurs/io/AusgabeFenster at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319) at javakurs.io.Ausgabe.(Ausgabe.java:31) at BeispielApp.main(BeispielApp.java:7) Process java exited with code 1

I tested the same settings in eclipse and it runs fine.
this is the eclipse entry:

so what i am doing wrong?
Or is there a better way to set the classes and run/compile my stuff?

thx so far
Uninstalling JEdit
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 20:45
Hi There,

Was wondering what the procedure is to uninstalling jEdit on MacOS X is... the jEdit documentation relates uninstalling to Windows...

thanks
I/O thread blocking when there is available threads
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 20:35
I am trying to identify or at least understand the I/O thread. When I do a search in a project, it takes some time, during that time, I cannot open a file because Jedit reports that 1 I/O operation is in progress. However when I view the available I/O threads in utilities/troubleshooting, I see that I can have up to 4. So why cannot I open a file when there is an empty I/O thread slot available ?
Do I have to tell Jedit to use threads in parallel ? Is there a setting where I can increase the number of threads ? Thanks a lot.
jEdit creates new view for each file that is opened from Konquerer in KDE
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 13 November, 2004 - 22:48
jEdit creates new view for each file that is opened from Konquerer in KDE. I think that it correctly connects to the already running jEdit server, because the existing view(s) are updated with the new file. However, I only want one view and rather use the buffer switcher. What's the point of having a jEdit server that is the only running instance of the program, if this instance starts spawning several windows? How can I achieve it to prevent jEdit from opening a new view for every new file?
Source Control & VSS
Submitted by tct592 on Monday, 8 November, 2004 - 17:29
Can't get the plugin to work, have tried downloading from site and through JEdit. I have updated the properties file in the jar file, but am getting the following error:

MSVisualSourceSafeImpl - is not in the working folder of the specified VSS Projects - set projects in the VSSIntegration.

When you download thru plugin manager you just get the jar file, I have downloaded the full zip file but have no idea where to put the above class file.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.
Window can't be resized / moved
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 8 November, 2004 - 15:41
Suddenly i have a strange behaviour. The main jEdit window can not be resized anymore. It has allways the maximum size (screen size - WinTaskbar). I.E. i click the toggle icon for maximize/default-size but nothing happens. It still occupies all of the screen. Interestingly jEdit start up with the maximized window. Minimizing the window, so that only the taskbar icon is visible works ok.

Unfortunately I don't know what has changed. A colleague of mine worked on my PC for just one day and now i have the maximum window effect Sad

jEdit 4.2final, java 1.4.2_03, windows2000 SP4

Can anyone help?
jEdit on z/OS
Submitted by clintolson on Friday, 5 November, 2004 - 19:28
I trying to run jedit on z/OS (IBM mainframe) with Unix System Services with the following JVM: java version "1.3.1" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1) Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM OS/390 Persistent Reusable VM build cm131s-20040117 (JIT enabled: jitc)) I was able to install jedit (java -jar jedit42install.jar) just fine. Unfortunately, when I start jedit there seems to be a problem reading jedit config files, specifically XML files. I get errors like this: [error] ActionSet: jar:file:/u/act026/tools/jedit/jedit.jar!/org/gjt/sp/jedit/actions.xml:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") [error] DockableWindowManager: jar:file:/u/act026/tools/jedit/jedit.jar!/org/gjt/sp/jedit/dockables.xml:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") [error] ServiceManager: jar:file:/u/act026/tools/jedit/jedit.jar!/org/gjt/sp/jedit/services.xml:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") [error] jEdit: /u/act026/tools/jedit/modes/catalog:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") jedit will start but it will be unusable because none of its actions are registered correctly. Here is what I get when I select the Global Options tool bar icon: [warning] EditAction$Wrapper: Unknown action: global-options Any and all suggestions would be welcome (sorry about the formatting, yikes), thanks!
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348