jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Jane usage?
Submitted by aabbaabb on Monday, 9 February, 2004 - 07:29
This might be a bug but I will first try to use this forum.

I have tried everything but I can't get Jane working. I have set Jane to generate both errors.

I have added my project as Jane library (project's build folder).
But it can't see everything I want from my project files. Still I can see some classes from my project.

I have private variable clled myVariable. I use this variable e.g. in constructor but Jane gives me a warning: Cannot resolve symbol: myVariable

I have class where is static methods (MyClass). I am using those methods from my class and Janse warns: Cannot resolve symbol: MyClass

I have private method (method()) what I am using (at least in constructor) and Jane warns: Cannot resolve symbol: method

I am using newest Jane, newest jEdit devel (pre9) and J2SE build 1.4.2_01-b06

Can someone help me to get Jane working
Mac OS X w/ latest JRE version 1.4.2_03: MacOS.jar plug-in failure
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 8 February, 2004 - 12:05
Hi, After installing Apple's latest Java update, version 1.4.2_03, upon double-clicking JEdit application, the following error message is shown within the "Plugin Error" dialog at startup:
The following plugin could not be loaded:
/Application/JEdit 4.2pre9/jars/MacOS.jar
Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.

When I then go to the plug-in manager, there is no newer version of MacOS.jar to install.
Thanks all.
Euro signs on Windows machines
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 7 February, 2004 - 13:26
I've got problems editing textfiles on a Windows 2000 machine when it comes to Euro signs/characters. I've seen the Jedit FAQ entry on that topic but it doesn't help me I'm afraid.

Basically what I would like to do is to be able to edit ISO-Latin textfiles containing Euro (€) characters, on that Windows machine, but still be able to use the textfiles with different editors (Notepad, Ultraedit, Jedit).

When I type the Euro sign in a Windows texteditor and save the file, and load it via Jedit, the Euro signs are corrupted. The other way round too: if I use Jedit to type the Euro sign it's just OK when I load the file with Jedit again, but with Windows texteditors wrong signs are being shown.

Also if I use Openoffice to load a textfile containing the Euro sign, just the textfiles created with a Windows texteditor are OK...

If I use the clipboard the conversion works, but this doesn't help me.
jlauncher does not open file on windows xp prof.
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 6 February, 2004 - 17:47
If I rightclick a file in windows explorer and select 'open with jedit' in the context menu, jlauncher starts jedit but with an empty document.

I tried with both 4.1 and 4.2pre8. jlauncher options are set to default.

any ideas?
BeanShell 2.0b1 breaks jEdit 4.1
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 5 February, 2004 - 10:34
I'm running on MacOS X 10.2.8 with Java 1.4.1_01

I installed BeanShell 2.0b1 in the JVM standard Extensions folder, and jEdit would no longer launch, giving a class loader error (class changed).

So my question is: can I make jEdit use the BeanShell interpreter in the system classpath rather than its own bundled one?
Mac OS Look And Feel breaks w/ new Java update
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 4 February, 2004 - 15:37
The Mac OS X Look and feel breaks when updating to the 1.4.2 revision of Java. http://www.apple.com/java/
this is in jEdit 4.1 Final. Running on OS X Panther, Any fix available?
Mouse wheel scrolling under Windows XP not active
Submitted by gorb on Monday, 2 February, 2004 - 10:34
Hi All,

I don't know wether this topic
a) has been handled before, or
b) belongs in this forum,
but here goes: my mouse wheel is dead in jEdit under WinXP.

Does anybody know why this could be happening?
I updated my JRE to version 1.4.2_03, just to be sure, but the behaviour
is the same: the mouse wheel is dead.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris
Mouse wheel scrolling under Windows XP not active
Submitted by gorb on Monday, 2 February, 2004 - 10:33
Hi All,

I don't know wether this topic
a) has been handled before, or
b) belongs in this forum,
but here goes: my mouse wheel is dead in jEdit under WinXP.

Does anybody know why this could be happening?
I updated my JRE to version 1.4.2_03, just to be sure, but the behaviour
is the same: the mouse wheel is dead.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris
jEdit Main window won't appear in OS X Panther
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 30 January, 2004 - 21:09
I recently installed a new ram chip in my computing. Immediately after, jEdit stopped working. it loads into the dock and brings up the loading screen. then, all it shows is a minimized file in the dock of a java file i was working on. clicking on this file closes it, but not jEdit.

As far as I can tell, i think this is a jEdit only thing going on; all the other java programs i tested worked fine.
jEdit can't see environment variables
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 29 January, 2004 - 18:29
I installed jEdit 4.2pre8 on Windows 2000. It doesn't see my environment varibales, such as JAVA_HOME, CLASSPATH, etc. Is there a place where I can set a variable so that jEdit can detect my environment variables.

Thanks.

Ulvi.
JIndex Problem
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 29 January, 2004 - 13:50
I am having no luck in configuring JIndex 1.1.
I am mixing the IBM 1.4.1 JDK src.zip and the Sun 1.4.1 SDK documentation. There appear to be no error messages so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It might be that JIndex will only work with SDK 1.3???

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

George Seaton
Codebrowser and ctags: won't parse php files, saved as .inc
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 28 January, 2004 - 23:13
Hi All,

I want to use the code browser for php files. But i've saved all my library files as .inc and not as .php. Therefore the codebrowser won't work. Does anybody knows how i can solve this problem?

Thanx
Allowing ErrorList to work with custom tags
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 18 January, 2004 - 08:26
I am new to jEdit and am trying to get my head around plugins. I have installed the SideKick and related plugins which look promising for the css and php development that I am doing. But I would like to create Movable Type templates using jEdit, and the ErrorList plugin throws errors with the custom Movable Type tags that are present.

Is there an easy way to let ErrorList ignore custom tags such as the MT content tags, or recognize them as valid?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
complier plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 17 January, 2004 - 15:40
I installed jedit, it works fine. I have installed all the plugins but , jcomplier, jswat, jinni,headline,antalope, xptracker and navigator. I get this error message if I try to install any of these.

an I/O error occured(http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jedit-plugin/jcomplier-1.5.0-bin.zip)"

How can I fix this, I really need the complier.

Thanks
Problems with jEdit and Swedish chars on Linux
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 16 January, 2004 - 15:40
Hallo!

I have installed jEdit on Debian Linux. But when I write swidish special chars the editor display a square insted of the char. How to fix it?
Decompilation Issues
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 14 January, 2004 - 16:01
I'm not sure if this is a specific plug-in or jar files problem but here is the scenario.

Using jEdit (I used jEdit 4.0.3 and jEdit 4.2pre8) with the Java Insight plug-in... I added a jar added through Java Insight by right clicking on the All Packackes with the Add Archives.. menu item. After adding the class, it shows up properly...then right click and selected "Decompile with Jode"..and after doing so, it seems to lock freeze the program. It looks like it could be a memory or cpu usage issue but I'm not sure on this. It seem to be more apparent in the 4.0.3 and less so on the 4.2pre8.
Uninstalling Lazy 8 Ledger
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 10 January, 2004 - 19:08
I have tried out the Lazy 8 Ledger which came as a package on jEdit.
The Ledger does not suit my needs but I would like to use jEdit.
I have uninstalled Lazy 8 Ledger/jEdit completely and installed jEdit version 4.2pre6
Still jEdit comes up as "jEdit - Lazy 8 Ledger" with "DataEntry" "Report" "Advanved" as first (unactive) menu-items.
I have looked everywhere but cannot find where this setting can be removed.

Can anyone help me?
Some MacOSX (Panther) issues
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 7 January, 2004 - 16:38
Since 4.1 final the key command "Command-," which usually calls the incremental search opens up the preferences.
Also, as someone before stated, some accents like ~ or ^ do not appear with international keyboards.
Any ideas to solve these problems on Panther?
Thanks!
any news on root problem w/ filebrowser?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 23 December, 2003 - 21:04
Hi,

I'm not sure if this the correct place but it hasn't been mentioned on the new drupal topic for pre7, I'm not sure if anybody is still reading the old topics
(http://community.jedit.org/old/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&thold=-1&mode=flat&order=0&sid=271#2041),
and the possibly-related bug tracker entries I noticed
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=860574&group_id=588&atid=100588
and http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=853942&group_id=588&atid=565475)
show little comment/info/activity.

Is this jEdit? The filesystem browser? The FTP plugin? interactions?
mixed language
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 22 December, 2003 - 00:26
I can type mixed english and cyrillic characters in jedit ( 4.2pre7) and it looks fine. When saved and reloaded the cyrillic characters are all displated as question marks.
Any way around this ?
User login
Browse archives
« March 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82339