When I use this regular expression:
"^ | $"
jEdit finds only "^ ". But when i type:
" $|^ "
jEdit finds both.
Bug?
Search Dialog remains in the background - OS X
Submitted by UnConundrum on Thursday, 24 November, 2011 - 18:59
I lost my search dialog in the last few days. If I reveal all running apps using expose, I see it alongside jEdit, in a blue window, but there's no way to access it. Apple did update java within the last two weeks and I'm wondering if that's the problem. From my research, there is no way to downgrade java on an OS X box, so I can't test my theory. I tried the idea from several years ago about F to select the search window, followed by a spacebar to tell the window to move and a down enter.... didn't help Any ideas?
Custom IDE use of JEdit
Submitted by dougbhoffman on Friday, 25 November, 2011 - 11:22
Would it be possible to send and receive custom AppleEvents using JEdit? For example, I would like to highlight some text in a JEdit window and then press either the key or the keys and have that chunk of text sent to my programming environment. My programming environment would take that text and execute it as if it were copy/pasted into its console window. There are other custom behaviors I would like, such as sending an AppleEvent to JEdit to open a specified file and scroll to a specific line number or character number. Also, I would like to have JEdit be able to do a "Save and Include" operation from a JEdit window: so I could edit a specific file and then press -K and the file would be saved and then compiled by my programming environment. I would also want the ability to send chunks of text (of any size) to be displayed in the currently open JEdit file/window at the current cursor location. I realize this may be asking a lot. For a demo of exactly what I am talking about you could download the PowerMops IDE and see how its QuickEdit integrated editor (but it is a separate application) does all of the above and more. http://sourceforge.net/projects/powermops/files/PowerMops/ (download PowerMops v6.2 , it includes QuickEdit double-click the "Open Me First" file in the PowerMops folder and everything will be launched and you can immediately see how what I describe above works ) The reason I ask these questions is QuickEdit does not work in Intel native mode. Regards, Douglas B. Hoffman
Reading and writing settings in ini-files
Submitted by tvojeho on Saturday, 26 November, 2011 - 13:05
Hi, I wanted to ask if anybody might have written a beanshell macro or function to be able to read and write settings in inifiles. The jedit properties do not handle the [Section] parts of the inifiles.

I have been trying to rewrite some functions written for the autohotkey language but the regexes seem to go over my head. I managed to scramble together one function (ini_get, see below), but it was more trial and error than knowing what I was doing, and I was wondering if someone already has written something similar.

Code:
ini_get(_Content, _Section, _Key, Flags, Default)
{
_Section = "\\[\\s*?\\Q"+_Section+"\\E\\s*?]";

//-- Note: The regex of this function was rewritten by Mystiq.
RegEx = "(?im)(?:\\n|^)\\s*"+_Section+"\\s*(?:\\n\\s*|\\n\\s*.+\\s*=\\s*.*?\\s*(?=\\n)|\\n\\s*[;#].*?(?=\\n))*\\n(\\s*\\Q"+_Key+"\\E\\s*=(.*))(?=\\n|$)";

//-- Kompilovat regex expression
Pattern p = Pattern.compile(RegEx);
//-- Vytvořit matcher (boolean)
Matcher m = p.matcher(_Content);
if(m.find())
{
Section = m.group(0);
Key = m.group(1);
Value = m.group(2);
}

if(Flags.indexOf('s') != -1)
return Section;
else if(Flags.indexOf('v') != -1)
return Value;
else if(Flags == null || Flags == "" || Flags.indexOf('k') != -1)
return Key;
}

Regards, tvojeho
IDE using jEdit
Submitted by Paula17 on Tuesday, 29 November, 2011 - 16:18
I'm programming an IDE using Java language. This IDE needs a text Editor, in this case, jEdit. I would like to know how I could do this...How can I put jEdit into my IDE?

Thanks!!
ClearCase Plugin 0.28 updated for jEdit 4.4, Console 4.4, etc (ClearCasePlugin.jar v0.28)
Submitted by AlanEzust on Wednesday, 30 November, 2011 - 03:27
This is a beta of the ClearCase plugin. It compiles against the current versions of jEdit but I have not tested it with ClearCase since I don't have it. If someone else can try it and tell me if it works, I will release it on plugin central.
Brightscript Mode (brightscript.xml v1.0 by Malloys)
Submitted by jbrave on Sunday, 4 December, 2011 - 03:55
jEdit mode for editing Brightscript, for the Roku SDK v2.9. Syntax highlighting does not yet take into account SDK v3.x and 4.x functions
MyDoggyPlugin - fix for deadlock on project change (MyDoggyPlugin.tar.gz v0.1 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Sunday, 4 December, 2011 - 08:43
Fix for: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=565475&aid=3449521&group_id=588 Please extract all the files in this .tar.gz under ~/.jedit/jars. They include both the plugin and the updated jars of MyDoggy itself.
adding new highlight plugin entry
Submitted by decuman on Monday, 5 December, 2011 - 05:05
Hey Guys,

Someone using highlight plugin intensively?
I have some issues with adding a new highlight entry through highlight dialog. The dialog works normally but when I press add it just silently goes away with nothing added to the list. My highlights list is empty... however cursor highlight works normally (apart from -2 linespace weirdness with offset highlight outline in the latest 4.5pre1 build )

Just in case my Java version is : 1.7.0_01

Thanks in advance,
Nick
SuperAbbrevs (SuperAbbrevs.jar v2.0)
Submitted by kpouer on Monday, 5 December, 2011 - 20:50
SuperAbbrevs with Zen Coding support fixed
Jedit only renders when minimize and maximize again in OS X Lion
Submitted by brodywong on Tuesday, 6 December, 2011 - 04:02
Hi,

I have got this problem with Jedit 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5pre1.

Anyone has an idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance.
jedit stopped opening
Submitted by dwoodward on Tuesday, 6 December, 2011 - 12:46
I was using jedit yesterday with no problems. This morning it won't start. I click on the icon or select the program from the list and nothing happens. It's as if I never clicked on it in the first place. Everything else on the computer seems fine.
All I have done between these two times that might be connected is log on to a wireless network for the first time ever. Any help appreciated....

D
How to move the caret to an absolute coordinate
Submitted by gary_m on Thursday, 8 December, 2011 - 16:09
Given a coordinate (x, y) how can I set the caret to be at that position? I tried using JEditTextArea.xToScreenLineOffset to calculated the offset, however it givens strange answers.

In a file were I tried to move the caret to (1, 484) it givens an array index out of bounds error.

Definitely not the droids I'm looking for.
SuperAbbrevs 2.0pre2 with ZenCoding (SuperAbbrevs.jar v2.0pre2 by kpouer)
Submitted by kpouer on Sunday, 11 December, 2011 - 15:40
Zencoding rewritten
Large Files under Win7
Submitted by kjg48359 on Sunday, 11 December, 2011 - 21:06
Hi, I've looked a while, but not finding out how to edit large files under windows 7. This one might be tricky, but I also do not have admin rights on the machine (corporate environment).

I think the issue is is how can I pass parms to the java machine, when in windows there's a executable (jedit.exe) that must do the work of calling java. I tried the "-mx256m" parm to jedit.exe, but it doesn't seem to be accepted.

I've also tried to run the start up parm by borrowing my sys admin's id and pswd and editing the entry in the registry for startups to the following key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

key: "jEdit Server" value: "C:\Program Files x(86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -xms64, -xmx256m -jar "c:\Program Files\jEdit\jedit.jar" -background -nogui --i4j- dont-wait

(oh and yes, using the admin id, I updated "ij4.ini" in the jedit subdirectory to have the value "-mx264m". Nothing seems to work on editing a 300 meg file in Win7).

Thanks.
save a file with name in sequenze like versioncontroll
Submitted by leuveg on Tuesday, 13 December, 2011 - 14:19
Hei, (sorry for my ugly english -_-" )

i use jEdit for text writing (Examen) and i would save my text files in a sequence like
Text_2012_12_13__01.txt
Text_2012_12_13__02.txt
Text_2012_12_13__03.txt
for Bakup. Smiling
In this time i can do this only per hand, but i looking for a plugin/makro/etc. that i get a button for 'klicking' and do this automatical. I know SVN and so, but i think that is a little bit to much for a simple single work text.

Has someone an idea or help for me?

Greetings,
Jens
I broke my /usr/bin/jedit.sh startup script
Submitted by Sn3akyP3t3 on Wednesday, 14 December, 2011 - 21:53
Environment:
Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop 64 bit. Jedit was installed from the repository.

Error encountered:
(at the command line) "jedit" under logged in user returns:
exec: 10: /usr/local/java/latest/bin/java: not found
however, "sudo jedit" opens the jedit editor as expected. No error returned.

Java:
Some meddling with custom Java installations was performed and probably the cause of the problem. Details will be disclosed when it is pertinent information.
"which java" returns:
/usr/bin/java
"java -version" returns
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.4) (6b22-1.10.4-0ubuntu1~11.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)

contents of /usr/bin/jedit.sh:
#!/bin/sh
#
#
. /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh
find_java_runtime java6
find_jars /usr/share/jedit/jedit.jar
run_java org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit "$@"

java-wrappers.sh called which calls /usr/lib/java-wrappers/jvm-list.sh

I'm unclear how jedit is determining "/usr/local/java/latest/bin/java" to be the location where java is supposed to be existing. The script that did some butchering to my Ubuntu installation is located here:
https://github.com/talltroym/Railo-Ubuntu-Installer-Script/blob/master/setup-railo.sh
Under the section # Download and Install Java there was some undesirable changes made that I tried to revert from. I deleted /usr/local/java, removed "JAVA_HOME" & "JRE_HOME" from /etc/environment, and deleted the symbolic link "/usr/local/bin/java" in attempts to recover from changes. I'm also boggled why "sudo jedit" runs while "jedit" returns the error.
Jedit Proxy settings password encryption
Submitted by decuman on Friday, 16 December, 2011 - 01:39
Hello,

I just noticed that my proxy settings password (which I do not want to expose to anyone) goes directly to .jedit/properties files with no encryption which, i believe, could be unsafe. Is it possible to add a simple encryption and instead of putting it explicitly into the preference file just encode it with some hashing function.

Thanks,
Nik
Qmake Edit Mode (qmake.xml v1.0 by flyer-explorer)
Submitted by flyer-explorer on Friday, 16 December, 2011 - 05:17
This is my first stab at an edit mode for qmake's .pro and .pri build files. It has:
  • All the official documented variables
  • Some extra "use the source luke" variables from qmake's sources.
  • All the current (as of QT 4.7)'s buildspecs with shortcuts
To activate the edit mode, you will need to add this to your catalog:

<MODE NAME="qmake" FILE="qmake.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.{pro,pri}" />

Yes, I know .pro conflicts with prolog, but .pro is the default for qmake as well. If you run into any problems. comments, or suggestions, email me at n-p-o-t-t-s u-c-a-r[dot]edu. Add the circle a where it seems appropriate.
How instal plugin Railscasts in jedit ?
Submitted by agnaldovb on Friday, 16 December, 2011 - 16:07
Excuse-me because I a initiation user. TKS
User login
Browse archives
« November 2011 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349