jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
text url encode decode plugin?
Submitted by jbrave on Saturday, 18 February, 2012 - 19:45
Is there a plugin that would let me highlight a string and urldecode it or vice versa?

Thanks.

- Joel
Julia edit mode (julia.xml vbeta by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 21:56
Edit mode for Julia (http://julialang.org).
Julia edit mode (julia.xml vbeta2 by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Sunday, 19 February, 2012 - 22:31

Updated on 02/19/2012 - 22:31
Downloads: 1277

Julia edit mode (julia.xml vbeta3 by Kevin Tucker)
Submitted by tuckerkevin on Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 05:38

Updated on 02/20/2012 - 05:38
Downloads: 1526

French translation
Submitted by jojaba67 on Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 15:15
Hello,

I know there are pro and contra for translation, but I'm more comfortable when the UI is in French when I work on a text editor or another application. So, since a couple of years, I try to translate my favourite text editor, jEdit. Now that 4.5.0 has been released, I submitted a new version of this translation : http://jojaba.free.fr/?/Traductions-diverses/Traduction-jEdit2 (sorry, the page is in french ;p ).

I would like to ask for some technical advises since I don't have real knowledge on how handling java files, especially *. properties files.
I would like to know if I had to remove some datas from the translated file to have it work properly for the upcomming versions. I wonder, for example, if I have to remove the following lines (and other lines that has not to be translated) :
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
# Plugin activation hooks
defer=false
startup=true

I also translated some plugins : http://jojaba.free.fr/?/Traductions-diverses/Traduction-jEdit3
In this case, should I remove for example this code for the beauty plugin :
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.activate=defer
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.name=Beauty
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.author=Dale Anson
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.version=0.7.0
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.docs=docs/index.html
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.depend.0=jdk 1.6
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.depend.1=jedit 04.03.99.00
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.depend.2=plugin CommonControlsPlugin 1.2
plugin.beauty.BeautyPlugin.usePluginHome=true

I put the translated files into the /properties/ folder in installation folder of jEdit

Thanks a lot for your help. Smiling
LLVM IR Edit Mode (llvmir.xml v1.0 by Gavin Harrison)
Submitted by gmh33 on Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 18:52
Edit mode for LLVM IR.
SuperAbbrevs : is there a way to export/import abbrevs/expansions ?
Submitted by jojaba67 on Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 21:25
Hello,

The question is in the title...

Thanks in advance. Smiling
Need syntax highlighter for C Sharp
Submitted by Spokane-Dude on Monday, 27 February, 2012 - 19:59
Where can I find a syntax highlighter for C#?
JEdit hangs at "run startup scripts" in Mac OS X 10.6
Submitted by Ton on Thursday, 1 March, 2012 - 09:14
I installed JEdit 4.5 a few days ago and all seemed to work fine. In order to get the alt-key working, I did a few modifications in the startup.bsh-file in the application package, and after that the alt-key was working perfectly. However, the next day I tried to start up, it hangs at the "run startup scripts" message on the splash screen. I have no idea what could have changed in the mean time. I also tried opening a "fresh" application package (without the modifications I made) but that one had the same problem. Strange thing is that is doesn't crash: the jEdit menu is available and I can open the Preferences pane, and even change the Swing look & feel (though the apply-button does not work, when I reopen the prefs it does apply the changes), but the "run startup scripts" seems to take minutes and minutes.

Hope somebody can help! Thanks in advance.
Hex Viewer
Submitted by rovf on Thursday, 1 March, 2012 - 12:08
It would be great to have a hex viewer (where I can see my buffer in hex, along with the textual representation, similar to UltraEdit or PsPad).

The HexEdit plugin can't be used, because it doesn't act on a buffer (only on files).
Submitting a bug report does not work
Submitted by rovf on Thursday, 1 March, 2012 - 14:05
I tried to submit a bug report today. I went to the bug tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=588), logged in, created the new Artifact, and submitted it. After this, I was redirected to the overview page (where I can see a list of the most recent bugs). My bug report was NOT there, and I was logged out!!

What is then the correct way to report a bug? I can't do it here in the Bug Reports forum, because I need to include a screenshot.
Grep_Buffer fix
Submitted by dougxn on Friday, 2 March, 2012 - 17:27
Not sure what the correct method for suggesting an update, but I just fixed grep_buffer on my box and thought I would share:

import java.util.regex.*;

Pattern p = null;
Matcher m = null;

String regexp = Macros.input(view, "Regular Expression");
public static final String SEP = " - ";
public static final String LF = "\n";

if(regexp == null) {
return;
} try {
p = Pattern.compile(regexp);
} catch(REException e) {
Macros.error(view, "Invalid regular expression");
return;
}

StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
for(int i = 0; i < textArea.getLineCount(); i++) {
String line = textArea.getLineText(i);
m = p.matcher(line);
if (m.find()) {
buf.append(i).append(SEP).append(line).append(LF);
}
}
Beauty Plugin
Submitted by bulat on Saturday, 3 March, 2012 - 12:35
Hi! Is there Beauty Plugin manual? I can't configure it to work properly.
Question on Indenting
Submitted by ajudge on Monday, 5 March, 2012 - 06:25
Hi,
I'm trying to create an edit mode to do syntax highlighting and auto indenting for an obscure language, but I'm having trouble defining the correct XML to achieve what I want.
I would like all lines following the word Begin to be indented until the next occurrence of the word Begin. Each word Begin should be at the same indent level.

i.e.
Begin
Indent this line
Indent this line
Begin
Indent this line
Indent this line
jedit 4.5 configuration and MacOS 10.7
Submitted by urbanatb on Wednesday, 7 March, 2012 - 03:37
I just installed jedit on my MAC and had hoped to simply copy over my .jedit settings from a Linux install. I presumed that the settings on the mac would be found in ~/.jedit, but this does not seem to be the case. Any idea where the settings might be located? I'm beginning to suspect that the JRE is actually not allowing jedit to read/write the settings. Possible?
Macro for removing '\0' possible?
Submitted by labidus on Friday, 9 March, 2012 - 01:20
i got a problem by using reload with encoding from UTF-16 to UTF-8, finally I reloaded with US-ASCII

My ASCI file now have a lot of wrong character, 1/2 of the character are useless, basically I need to find the bad character
and replace them with a "" empty char, to restore the file.

I say character '\0' need to be removed but its maybe another number, but the character is lower then space, so in the editor
it seam ok but you need to move the cursor 2 times to actually change to the next character.

Anyway, what i am trying to use is that right now

SearchAndReplace.setSearchString("\\0");
SearchAndReplace.setReplaceString("");
SearchAndReplace.setBeanShellReplace(false);
SearchAndReplace.setIgnoreCase(true);
SearchAndReplace.setRegexp(true);
SearchAndReplace.find(view);
SearchAndReplace.find(view);
SearchAndReplace.replace(view);

But the character \\0 generate a javascript error

thank you, btw I really like this editor, i am using it on my mac for a game project!
Mouse Speed Halved?
Submitted by stretch6555 on Tuesday, 13 March, 2012 - 06:02
Hi,

I have this strange but really annoying problem with JEdit 4.5. Everytime a JEdit dialog box of any kind appears (for example, the Find/Replace dialog), the speed of my mouse is halved. Every time this happens, I have to go to my Windows 7 Control Panel and set the mouse speed back to its original speed (the maximum, which is what I prefer). Why is this happening? Is this a bug?
Copy on select
Submitted by rovf on Tuesday, 13 March, 2012 - 12:41
Is there a plugin which would automatically copy a selected text to the clipboard (i.e. without hitting Control-C), and insert the text using middle click of the mouse? Ideally this should work on Windows7 and MacOSX.
Whitespace plug-in in v4.5
Submitted by CJreige on Tuesday, 13 March, 2012 - 15:41
Hi everybody.

I've upgraded to version 4.5 and I've only encountered a single issue. My Whitespace plug-in does not work and I've had to uninstall it. Now it does not even install. Has anyone else come across a similar problem? Any thoughts on a possible solution?

Cheers,
CHJ
How to get a function list of a JavaScript file with jEdit's Sidekick on a Mac?
Submitted by Ton on Wednesday, 14 March, 2012 - 13:57
I have a Mac with jEdit 4.5 installed on it, including the Sidekick and the JavaScript plugin from [1]. Now when I open the Sidekick window, I can choose from two JavaScript parsers (skrul-xml-javascript and skrul-javascript).

However, none of them parses my JavaScript file (the window only shows the document name with "Not parsed" underneath it). When I open a PHP file and choose my PHPParser, it does parse the file and shows clickable PHP function names.

Does anybody know what might cause this and/or how it can be solved?

[1] http://skrul.com/blog/projects/javascript/
User login
Browse archives
« February 2012 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82338