jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Structure Background Highlighter (StructureBackgroundHighlighter.bsh v1.0 by Björn "Vampire" Kautler)
Submitted by Vampire on Wednesday, 6 April, 2011 - 20:38
A jEdit BSH script that replaces the box-around structure highlighter by highlighting the background of the match. Put it into one of your startup scripts folders and restart jEdit.
Sparse_Search (sparse_search.zip vV1.0 by Peter Theobald)
Submitted by turtlecove on Saturday, 5 March, 2011 - 11:39
Searches an indented outline and puts the results in a new buffer. The results will have the lines that had the text you searched for along with the parents of those lines for context. Emacs Org-Mode calls this a sparse-tree.

Two versions: one for plain text search and the other for regex search.
Download the two .bsh files and put them in your /jedit/macros folder. Then go to Utilities/Global Options/Shortcuts and set up keyboard shortcuts for sparse_search and sparse_search_regex (such as control-shift-F and control-shift-R).

Outline_Sort (outline_sort.bsh vV1.01 by Peter Theobald)
Submitted by turtlecove on Tuesday, 22 March, 2011 - 06:19
outline_sort v1.01 peter@TurtleCoveTech.com

Sorts an outline.
Treats the selection or the buffer as an indented outline and sorts based on the leftmost indented "parents", carrying the subtrees with their respective parents.

Skips lines with jEdit auto-settings :setting=value: at the top or bottom of the file.

I keep all of my info in plain text outlines (Org-Mode style) and this allows me to sort my outlines.
Note: I bind this to 'CS+O s' (the two letter code Control-Shift-O s). I plan on writing more Outline macros in the style of Org-Mode and binding them to (refile: CS+O r, sort: CS+O s, capture: CS+O c, SearchToSparseTree: SC+O f, archive: CS+O a, jump: CS+O j, etc)
Handy Tip: hit 'control-e s' to select a tree before sorting to sort just one outline tree instead of the entire buffer.

WikiWord (WikiWord.bsh v1.7 by Peter Theobald)
Submitted by turtlecove on Friday, 17 March, 2006 - 18:52
Find the word the cursor is on and open a file by that name.

Can find [Filename in brackets] or wordsSeparatedBySpaces or words-separated-by-tabs.
Can also jump to specific locations within the current file or other files by using text anchors like this: [myfile#this-anchor] or [myfile:this-anchor] or MyFile:This-anchor or MyFile#this-anchor . Anchors are searched for as [this-anchor] or if that isn't found just the anchor text anywhere in the file.
Configuration options can be specified in the text file to use filename patterns and search paths.

I use this to set up a directory full of hyperlinked text. Attach a keyboard shortcut to the macro for quick jumping. I use control-TAB because it's next to control-` (previous file). So I can put the cursor inside a [WikiWord] and bounce back and forth to the file with control-TAB and control-`

New features added in V1.7, 2009-10-19

You can add the directives [path:xyz] or [rpath:xyz] anywhere in the document to set up search paths for documents. For example, the WikiLink [books-wanted.txt] will look in the current directory first, then in each directory in the path. rpath means 'recursive', which will search in that directory and all sub-directories under it.
You can also add the directives [filepattern:xyz] anywhere in the document to set up file name patterns, for example: [books-wanted] with [filepattern:$-notes.txt] will try to open 'books-wanted' and 'books-wanted-notes.txt' in the current directory and any directories in the path set up by [path:] and [rpath:]s. By default the given [WikiWord] itself ($) and WikiWord.txt ($.txt) are found first.
Note: I usually put all of my [path:][rpath:][filepattern:] directives at the end of my file.

Personally, I keep all of my life's information in text files, and I use this to set up indexes, tables of contents, cross-references, etc. between my documents.
I use this as follows: I have a main-index.txt file I always keep open. It has a line for each project I am working on with a WikiLink like this: Human Genome Project: decoding human genome [genome] due 1/15/2008 -and at the bottom of the main-index.txt file I have: [rpath:D:\Docs\Projects][filepattern:project notes $.txt] so it will look in my entire projects tree and find 'project notes genome.txt' when I click on [genome] and hit ctrl-TAB.

(This is my first jEdit macro. Enjoy.)

PicASM PIC12X Edit Mode (assembly-pic12x.xml v1.0 by Brad Normand)
Submitted by bradn on Thursday, 10 February, 2011 - 00:48
Edit mode supporting PicASM syntax for PIC12X 12 bit instruction length series chips.

Specifically, this was developed with 12C508 to 12CE519 chips in mind, but is easily adaptable to other PIC microcontrollers. If anyone feels like enhancing this edit mode, go ahead and upload it!

Supports numeric literals in forms like 0xABC123, 0ABC123h, 01010101b, 42d, 01234567o.

Please remember to create an entry in the modes/catalog file or this edit mode won't show up!
Explore Directory for ProjectViewer (Explore_Directory.bsh v1.0 by David Koenig)
Submitted by Bargle on Saturday, 5 February, 2011 - 21:41
This macro will bring up the default platform file manager if called on a directory from the ProjectViewer plugin. As noted in the java.awt.Desktop API documentation; On the Solaris Operating System and the Linux platform, this API is dependent on Gnome libraries.
ESQL/C mode for JEdit (esql.xml v1.0 by Slawomir Rewaj)
Submitted by slawekrewaj on Tuesday, 14 December, 2010 - 06:24
This file is based on JEdit C Mode. It adds embedded SQL extenstions.
Matlab Edit Mode(with support for auto indentation) (matlab.xml v1.0 by Excee)
Submitted by tooyoungdy on Monday, 29 November, 2010 - 06:02
this is largely based on the version written by Chris Rose, with the addition of working auto indentation. Also, it fixed a bug with the ' operator.
MenuEditor 0.5 (MenuEditor.jar v0.5 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Saturday, 27 November, 2010 - 00:29
Replaced the separator button with an item in the action set list on the right.
UpdateIndex (UpdateIndex.bsh vV1.0 by Peter Theobald)
Submitted by turtlecove on Wednesday, 17 November, 2010 - 02:30
Macro for keeping an "index" or "table of contents" at the top or bottom of an outline file. It assumes all non-indented lined are headers with indented content following each header. Also assumes there is a header titled "Index".

UpdateIndex scans the current buffer, makes a list of all the headers, and replaces the section titled "Index" with this list.

For example:

Index
    old items
    no longer present

shopping list
    peaches
    apples

calls to make
    call Larry
    call Moe
    call Curly

After running UpdateIndex macro the file will be:

Index
    shopping list
    calls to make

shopping list
    peaches
    apples

calls to make
    call Larry
    call Moe
    call Curly
It works really well in conjunction with my WikiWord.bsh macro which can turn each header into an active link.
eisen.xml v0.02 by monkstone
Submitted by monkstone on Monday, 11 October, 2010 - 19:39
An Experimental Highlighter for the StructureSynth EisenScript. Provides highlighting for *.es you might like to post on your blog (use code2html plugin). Aims to cope with in built raytracer syntax coming with StructureSynth Hinxton release (but not javascript).
Undo Close Buffer (UndoCloseBuffer.bsh v1.0 by David Mlejnek)
Submitted by davo on Monday, 23 August, 2010 - 08:29
Reopens the recently closed buffer. Similar to the common browsers feature, that re-opens the recently closed tab. Recommended keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+T
Menu Editor for jEdit (MenuEditor.jar v0.1 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Friday, 13 August, 2010 - 10:29
This plugin enables you to customize the jEdit menus (File / Edit / Search ...). After customizing the menus, the changes are saved as a "diff" and applied on each jEdit startup, so that changes to the menus by future versions of jEdit are not masked out. For this, the plugin depends on JDiffPlugin. As the currently released version of JDiffPlugin contains a few bugs, the zip file attached here contains also a fixed version of JDiffPlugin. (14 Aug) Added a button for adding separators to the menu. Replaced the plugin's submenu with a single menu item.
Dark Blue Colorful (Dark_Blue_Colorful_v0.4.jedit-scheme v0.4 by Tuomas Kareinen)
Submitted by tuomas on Wednesday, 28 November, 2007 - 18:28

A dark blue syntax scheme. This scheme is more colorful than the dark blue scheme supplied with Editor Scheme plugin.

javascript packer macro (pack.bsh v0.1 by Patrik Plihal)
Submitted by birdspider on Thursday, 17 June, 2010 - 14:40
see javascript minify @ http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/4476
instead of YUI compress this one uses a port of http://dean.edwards.name/packer/
javascript minify macro (compress.bsh v0.1 by Patrik Plihal)
Submitted by birdspider on Thursday, 10 June, 2010 - 17:57
minifies javascript
improved it to my needs

you can now specify an amount off lines which will be restored after compression to make comments persistent (so after deployment I can check which version of the script the server is running) this is especially usefull if you use a version control with 'on commit - keywords'
Edit Mode for HLSL Shader Language (Update) (hlsl.xml v2 by Adam Sawicki)
Submitted by Reg on Saturday, 1 May, 2010 - 17:39
An update of Edit Mode for HLSL - DirectX shader language and effect file format. The HLSL Edit Mode is now in the official jEdit distribution, but it haven't been updated for long time. Now I've created new version that supports all new features up to the newest DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5), including these from the upcoming June 2010 version. Recommended FILE_NAME_GLOB is "*.{fx,hlsl}", although the "fx" extension is already taken by "javafx" mode.
Go language edit mode (go.xml v1 by Grzegorz Żur)
Submitted by grzegorz.zur on Friday, 19 February, 2010 - 09:25
Go language edit mode. More about Go at http://golang.org/
pl-sql edit mode file for ORACLE (pl-sql.xml v1.1 10.02. by berthold58)
Submitted by Berthold58 on Wednesday, 10 February, 2010 - 07:10
pl-sql.xml file with new key words
ProjectViewer - built against latest jEdit (ProjectViewer.jar v0.1 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Saturday, 9 January, 2010 - 04:33

Updated on 01/09/2010 - 04:33
Downloads: 868

User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348