jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Proper perl function argument list indentation?
Submitted by jope on Monday, 28 February, 2005 - 20:32
When I edit perl and there is a function with very long argument lists and arguments, like so:
$thisIsSomeObject->andThisTheFunctionToCall("Here comes a long argument, number 1","And here another one, which is even longer than the first argument is","And yet another very very very very long arument, yes this is really quite long");
I would like to place the arguments indented the normal indentation space like this (in my case, two characters from the current indentation):
$thisIsSomeObject->andThisTheFunctionToCall("Here comes a long argument, number 1",
  "And here another one, which is even longer than the first argument is",
  "And yet another very very very very long arument, yes this is really quite long");
#next statement should not be indented, of course

However, jedit does it either like this:

$thisIsSomeObject->andThisTheFunctionToCall("Here comes a long argument, number 1",
"And yet another very very very very long arument, yes this is really quite long");
#next statement should not be indented, of course
(no indentation at all) or like this, if the "deep indent" option is used:
#next statment should not be indented, of course
Both ways jedit does this have obvious disadvantages if you are already at a deeper indentation level and/or if the arguments are really long or deeply nested themselves. Is there *SOME* way to make Jedit indent the arguments just two spaces and not the same number of spaces as the function name is long? Is it possible to configure this? Is it possible to edit some mode file to achieve this?
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348