jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
File System Browser Is Very Thin
Submitted by machineghost on Wednesday, 7 December, 2005 - 19:28
Whenever I open a new File System Browser dialog box, it always starts out being only wide enough to fit the "Commands" drop-down box, which makes it unusable. I can just resize the dialog box every time, but that's getting annoying fast, so is there any way to make it open at a normal size?
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
When troubleshooting FTP prob
by medea on Wed, 29/07/2009 - 12:31
When troubleshooting FTP problems, the number of factors involved makes it important to narrow down the source of the issue. One good test is to try connecting and transferring with another FTP client. If you experience problems with multiple FTP clients, then it's most likely a server issue, and not a Dreamweaver issue.
slabire
2007, and this still happens
by McSwell on Thu, 11/10/2007 - 14:13
I just wanted to confirm that this still happens, and maybe add a little context for whoever might be tracking this.

I have a dual monitor setup. It doesn't matter which monitor jEdit is running in, it's a question of which monitor the dlg box opens in. If it opens in my secondary monitor, the box is very narrow; if I drag it over to my primary monitor, re-size it, and close it (by opening a file, canceling the open, or just clicking on the 'x' to close it), then the next time the dlg box opens, it will do so in my primary monitor, and be the correct size.

Mike Maxwell

What version of jEdit are you using?
by elberry on Thu, 11/10/2007 - 15:40
What version of jEdit are you using?

I'm running dual monitor on windows xp, and I haven't seen this. I'm using the latest development version 4.3pre11 - it is very stable.

If you're using 4.2, you might try upgrading.

Otherwise, if you're still having this issue, it might be better to post to the mailing list, as more users are viewing it.
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-users

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
I have the same problem. I ha
by Henry on Wed, 22/02/2006 - 04:16
I have the same problem. I have tried editing the properties file, changing the vfs width and height, but only the height seems to take effect.

I have currently resorted to a reinstallation.

Edit:

Just reinstalled and was fine. Then installed the folling plugins:

Errorlist
FTP
XML
PHP Parser
BufferTabs

and its back. Grr.

Btw, this is jedit4.2, Windows install, WindowsXP sp2. This is a multimontior workstation if that makes a difference. (2560px total width)

File System Browser window width solution
by Henry on Wed, 22/02/2006 - 04:40
Ok, turns out it was because i was using jedit on my secondary monitor (set to the right of my main monitor). I assume jedit gets confused if it gets all its x and y dimension info from the second monitor or something.

My solution - use it on the primary monitor only.

Do I have to submit a bug report now or something?

display driver or plugins?
by Robert Schwenn on Wed, 22/02/2006 - 19:45
I'm using jEdit at a PC with one monitor (WinXP) and at another with 2 monitors (2560x1024) - on both the left and right it's ok.
May be there's a bug in the display driver or in the cooperation between jedit (or java) with the driver ?

I've also installed a lot plugins but not FTP and PHP Parser...

Robert

It was my mistake in thinking
by Henry on Wed, 22/02/2006 - 23:23
It was my mistake in thinking that a plugin was causing this, as I reinstalled after deleting all jedit files (in program files and the documents and settings directory) and it still did it.

I am using the latest force-ware drivers (81.93) on an nvidia 9200 card. This card will be getting replaced soon so I'll see if that makes a difference.

I am also using ultramon - disabling it did not make a difference

Both monitors are set at 1280x1024, primary on the left secondary on the right - problem only occurs when fsb is on the second monitor. If I use jedit on the primary, and move the fsb over onto the secondary, resize and close it - after I open it again it will be thin and stuck to the left hand side of the primary monitor.

This is getting confusing :/

What I will do from now on is leave the fsb on the primary monitor, with jedit on the secondary, as its an OK comprimise

I am using an nvidia 5200 car
by caiken on Fri, 10/03/2006 - 20:49
I am using an nvidia 5200 card with two monitors and see the same issue. My driver is an older version from 2003.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348