jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
WikiWord (WikiWord.bsh v1.7 by Peter Theobald)
Submitted by turtlecove on Friday, 17 March, 2006 - 18:52
Find the word the cursor is on and open a file by that name.

Can find [Filename in brackets] or wordsSeparatedBySpaces or words-separated-by-tabs.
Can also jump to specific locations within the current file or other files by using text anchors like this: [myfile#this-anchor] or [myfile:this-anchor] or MyFile:This-anchor or MyFile#this-anchor . Anchors are searched for as [this-anchor] or if that isn't found just the anchor text anywhere in the file.
Configuration options can be specified in the text file to use filename patterns and search paths.

I use this to set up a directory full of hyperlinked text. Attach a keyboard shortcut to the macro for quick jumping. I use control-TAB because it's next to control-` (previous file). So I can put the cursor inside a [WikiWord] and bounce back and forth to the file with control-TAB and control-`

New features added in V1.7, 2009-10-19

You can add the directives [path:xyz] or [rpath:xyz] anywhere in the document to set up search paths for documents. For example, the WikiLink [books-wanted.txt] will look in the current directory first, then in each directory in the path. rpath means 'recursive', which will search in that directory and all sub-directories under it.
You can also add the directives [filepattern:xyz] anywhere in the document to set up file name patterns, for example: [books-wanted] with [filepattern:$-notes.txt] will try to open 'books-wanted' and 'books-wanted-notes.txt' in the current directory and any directories in the path set up by [path:] and [rpath:]s. By default the given [WikiWord] itself ($) and WikiWord.txt ($.txt) are found first.
Note: I usually put all of my [path:][rpath:][filepattern:] directives at the end of my file.

Personally, I keep all of my life's information in text files, and I use this to set up indexes, tables of contents, cross-references, etc. between my documents.
I use this as follows: I have a main-index.txt file I always keep open. It has a line for each project I am working on with a WikiLink like this: Human Genome Project: decoding human genome [genome] due 1/15/2008 -and at the bottom of the main-index.txt file I have: [rpath:D:\Docs\Projects][filepattern:project notes $.txt] so it will look in my entire projects tree and find 'project notes genome.txt' when I click on [genome] and hit ctrl-TAB.

(This is my first jEdit macro. Enjoy.)

Updated on 03/22/2011 - 19:35
Downloads: 2144

User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348