Submitted by timou on Thursday, 21 March, 2013 - 15:02
Hi All...

I'm using jEdit since a long time and it's a perfect text editor..; EXCEPT :
It's painfull to install and upgrade!

I was trying to find a jEdit for python (and Maya MEL) with
def/method/proc listing (ctags)
maya communication

Difficult and time consuming!

Why there is no a all in one package of jEdit with all of this features?
Or can you tell me wich release of jEdit/plugs are you using togoether? (jEdit 5 doesnt work well with the ctags plug for me)

Thanks....
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
difficult
by Robert Schwenn on Sun, 24/03/2013 - 14:45
There are many, many plugins. I guess nobody wants to have an installation with all plugins, because i.e. it would take it a long time to start up or because the plugins menu would be a nightmare. There has been some effort about prepared packages for certain purposes, but without result yet, I think.

Installation of jEdit may be time consuming, but finding Python related plugins seem to be just typing "py" in the filter field of Plugin Manager's install tab. Isn't this working for You?

You could try My jEdit "package", but it's without special Python features. Ctags works well for me, the ctags configuration file is set to jEdit\extras\ctags\ctags.cnf. There are some ctags related entiries in the startup script "startup_2.bsh".

Waow dude, your package rocks
by timou on Tue, 26/03/2013 - 13:59
Waow dude, your package rocks!!

How did you do to execute this package with a setting directory relatives to the jEdit folder?

I was always creating a batch file with the settings directory?

Also : I'm programming in python. What's the workflow to be able to see dinamicly all the class of an import?
--> not the class you have in the file, but the class that you import at the top of the file?

Thx and sorry for my newby question!

?
by Robert Schwenn on Tue, 26/03/2013 - 21:30
When I invoke jedit.exe from this package, it uses the default settings directory (%APPDATA%\jEdit). Check it via "Utilities -> Settings Directory" - the first menu item tells it. If You mean another directory, take a look at jEdit\startup\startup_2.bsh.

I have no clue of Python, sorry. Have You installed the Python related plugins and discovered the available plugin options?
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348