jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Trying to use plugins with a StandaloneTextArea
Submitted by frisco on Thursday, 16 July, 2009 - 09:52
I want to use jEdit to replace our old TextArea component in an custom Java Ide, I have been able to create the textarea in an empty frame and load java mode to have syntax higlightning (I was unable to load it from the jar, but it is working).
Now I want to add code completion to the text area I have seen that I should use JavaSideKick to do that but as far as I see there is no way to load plugins in the TextArea version (PluginJar is missing and it seems to use some kind of connection that TextArea does not have).
So I ask for help here, maybe I am missing something or someone has any idea on how to load plugins in an Standalone TextArea?
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
Just to let everyone know I h
by frisco on Sat, 01/08/2009 - 23:23
Just to let everyone know I have been able to add autocomplete to the StandaloneTextArea (it is not included) and even a Sidekick and JavaSidekick lite versions modified to fit, the result is pretty promissing.

Hi, sorry, I didn't noticed
by Robert Schwenn on Sun, 02/08/2009 - 13:27
Hi,
sorry, I didn't noticed Your answers two weeks ago. Most of the developers aren't active here at the forum but at the jEdit devel mailing list. Maybe You should sign up there...

At the site "http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=feedback" You'll find a link to subscribe.

Robert
built-in
by Robert Schwenn on Thu, 16/07/2009 - 22:44
You do not need the SideKick plugin to get word completion. It's a built-in function witch is invoked via the "complete-word" action ("Edit -> Complete Word" or CTRL+b). The popup lists all possible completions, witch are retrieved from all words found in the buffer and all keywords from the edit mode file.

The SideKick plugin can add some kind of automation to show the completion popup magically.

Robert

Ok I found the problem, the c
by frisco on Fri, 17/07/2009 - 11:30
Ok I found the problem, the complete-word action it is not in the TextArea package.
I have been able to rewrite most of the CompleteWord and CompletionPopup to work without a view but I am unable to make the action work due to problems with the BSH core:

"8:28:29 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] JEditBeanShellAction: Attempt to resolve method: completeWord() on undefined variable or class name: CompleteWord : at Line: 4 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``__runCachedMethod(ns) { this.callstack.set(0,ns); CompleteWord.completeWord(t . . . '' : CompleteWord .completeWord ( textArea ) "

Trying to pass a new param as view to the action results in another exception, I am not sure what is the context used to evaluate the code.

Umm I would prefer a eclipse-
by frisco on Fri, 17/07/2009 - 09:45
Umm I would prefer a eclipse-style autocomplete but that will help anyway.
The problem is that Ctrl+b is not working and as I am not using the full editor I don't have menus.
I have seen in the hotkeys and it is configured, but I don't see anything, any idea?
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348