jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Cant get hyperlink plugin to work
Submitted by robw on Friday, 23 October, 2009 - 21:09
I have installed the hyperlink plugin and assumed it would work the way it does in every other editor I've used. You can click on the link while holding the CTRL key down and I assumed that it would open the page in a brower. However, it just grabs the source code of the page and opens it the the editor. Very odd. Am I configuring it incorrectly? I cant find any documentation for it. Perhaps the is an alternatiev way of rendering hyperlinks as hot spots. Assistance appreciated.

RobW
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
ok
by Robert Schwenn on Fri, 23/10/2009 - 22:26
I think it's intended as it works for You Eye-wink

Robert

Is there a plugin, therefore,
by robw on Mon, 26/10/2009 - 11:35
Is there a plugin, therefore, that will turn a hyperlink into a hotspot so that when I click it the browser will open and display the web page. EdidPad works like that.

RobW

Workaround
by Robert Schwenn on Mon, 26/10/2009 - 21:25
I don't think so. But You should have a look at the InfoViewer Plugin. It can be configured to show the active buffer with it's built-in browser whenever the plugin's dockable window is open.

Also, the InfoViewer Plugin provides an action to show the active buffer in the configured browser, which can be an external one.

Finally, maybe there are chances that the Hyperlinks plugin would be extended to support Your wish if You would file a feature request the tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=588&atid=997936).

Robert

I have managed to configure t
by robw on Wed, 28/10/2009 - 11:14
I have managed to configure the external browser in infoview to my firefox browser but there is nothing in the docs to suggest how to pass it the buffer contents to the browser. If I can get this to work I guess I can put it in a macro and reduce it all to one click.

Thanks for your help

RobW

Plugin Menu
by Robert Schwenn on Wed, 28/10/2009 - 18:17
"Plugins -> InfoViewer -> Open current buffer with browser" invokes action "infoviewer.open-buffer".

Doesnt work. What happens is
by robw on Fri, 30/10/2009 - 22:03
Doesnt work. What happens is the contents of the buffer gets loaded into the browser. So if I copy http://www.google.com into the clipboard and go "Plugins -> InfoViewer -> Open current buffer with browser" the browser opens displaying the string "http://www.google.com". What I want it to do is pass the string to the browser as a url. Pity. It's a pretty basic function which I have found in many other editors - and in so many ways Jedit is a very superior editor. Thanks for your help.

RobW

What have You expected? As we
by Robert Schwenn on Fri, 30/10/2009 - 23:11
What have You expected? As we stated before, the function You're looking for doesn't exist.

That's why my idea of a *workaround* which needs two steps instead of one:
1. use Hyperlink Plugin to open the HTML source of the Hyperlink as a jedit buffer
2. use InfoViewer plugin to open the buffer as a web site in a browser

And - as stated before - You could file a feature request...

Robert

Thanks for your help. Sorry b
by robw on Mon, 02/11/2009 - 15:12
Thanks for your help. Sorry but I misunderstood what you were suggesting. I'll file a request as you suggest.

RobW

I second this request .. .. ..
by d_l on Mon, 25/01/2010 - 22:18
I would also like to launch URL's in TextArea to refer to external documents.

I have embedded URL's in XInsert files but they cannot be launched in external browser.

Launcher plugin is coming
by Robert Schwenn on Tue, 26/01/2010 - 17:26
There is a new "Launcher plugin" in development, which may also address this request. You should watch http://plugins.jedit.org/updates.php for announcements the next weeks or months ...

Robert

solution?
by was8309 on Tue, 14/12/2010 - 01:45
sorry for post on old subject and that I possibly misunderstand the problem. create a macro with a name like 'openurl' with this line :

infoviewer.InfoViewerPlugin.openSelectedText(view);

then the set a call of 'openurl' as a context menu item, then select, right click, and choose 'openurl'
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348