jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Custom IDE use of JEdit
Submitted by dougbhoffman on Friday, 25 November, 2011 - 11:22
Would it be possible to send and receive custom AppleEvents using JEdit? For example, I would like to highlight some text in a JEdit window and then press either the key or the keys and have that chunk of text sent to my programming environment. My programming environment would take that text and execute it as if it were copy/pasted into its console window. There are other custom behaviors I would like, such as sending an AppleEvent to JEdit to open a specified file and scroll to a specific line number or character number. Also, I would like to have JEdit be able to do a "Save and Include" operation from a JEdit window: so I could edit a specific file and then press -K and the file would be saved and then compiled by my programming environment. I would also want the ability to send chunks of text (of any size) to be displayed in the currently open JEdit file/window at the current cursor location. I realize this may be asking a lot. For a demo of exactly what I am talking about you could download the PowerMops IDE and see how its QuickEdit integrated editor (but it is a separate application) does all of the above and more. http://sourceforge.net/projects/powermops/files/PowerMops/ (download PowerMops v6.2 , it includes QuickEdit double-click the "Open Me First" file in the PowerMops folder and everything will be launched and you can immediately see how what I describe above works ) The reason I ask these questions is QuickEdit does not work in Intel native mode. Regards, Douglas B. Hoffman
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
One sentence in the previous
by dougbhoffman on Fri, 25/11/2011 - 11:48
One sentence in the previous post got munged:

For example, I would like to highlight some text in a JEdit window and then press either the ENTER key or the SHIFT-RETURN keys and have that chunk of text sent to my programming environment.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348