New macros for November 2001
Submitted by Friday, 23 November, 2001 - 15:00
- Run_Script.bsh - Runs script using interpreter based upon buffer's editing mode (by default, determined using file extension). This macro was recently revised to handle paths containing spaces correctly under Windows.
- Add_Import.bsh - Adds an import statement to the beginning of a Java source file and returns the editing caret to the starting location.
- Clip_Get_and_Set.bsh - Creates get() and set() methods from variables contained in selected text. This macro works by grabbing text on the lines of the selected text and parsing it to get the first two tokens that are not contained in the macro's global string variable 'modifiers'. It then copies simple get() and set() methods to the clipboard.
Macros from jEdit 3.2.2 available online
Submitted by Sunday, 11 November, 2001 - 15:02
Because they are already available with jEdit 3.2.2, these macros will not be featured in the "Latest Downlaods" report. They have been revised to work with jEdit 4.0 where necessary and contain their own documentation. A group of six search macros from version 3.2.2 that work together are available in a single archive as the "Find Occurence" macro package
These additions bring the current number of macros in our Downlaods database to 82 (not counting multiple macros bundled in packages).
It's raining macros....
Submitted by Friday, 9 November, 2001 - 03:12
- BeanShell_Scratch_Pad.bsh - this macro provides a multi-line text area for entering and testing BeanShell scripts.
- Build_CDBB_Database.bsh - this macro from Tom Gutwin automates the building of a CodeAid database file.
- ChangeUIFonts.bsh - based on code written by Dirk Moebius, this macro changes display fonts used by jEdit and most dockable plugins.
- EditBus_Components.bsh - this macro writes a list of EditBus components to the current editing buffer.
- EditBus_Viewer.bsh - adapted from a deprecated plugin, this macro provides a graphical list of components attached to the EditBus.