jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Upper/Lower/Invert/Capitalize Case Macros WHITHOUT unselecting text ?
Submitted by pdfneuro on Wednesday, 15 December, 2004 - 17:29
I did'nt find the feature.. I made it Smiling 4 separated macro that allows to change word case of selected text WHITHOUT unselecting text:
  • - Upper Case
  • - Lower Case
  • - Invert Case
  • - Capitalize Case
Check it out! and enjoy Smiling
Macro to Sort lines like in Ultraedit?
Submitted by pdfneuro on Wednesday, 15 December, 2004 - 13:56
Hi, What's cool with Jedit is that if you have a simple feature request, you can make it yourself.. I just upload a jedit macro which is able to sort lines in ascending/descending order. Available options are
  • Remove duplicated lines
  • Ignore case sorting
Check it at http://community.jedit.org/?q=filestore/download/1943 and tell me if you find it usefull. Enjoy Smiling
Helpfile integration
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 14 December, 2004 - 22:56
It would be nice to be able to have helpfile integration like UltraEdit. ie, double-click on a word and press F1 to bring up helpfile selection box [ PHP, Perl, C++, Java, etc... ] and then does a context-search for that word in the helpfile.
Syntax highlighting - Tex for different languages than English
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 11 December, 2004 - 14:43
Dear community,

I would like to suggest, that the highlighting of strings in Tex-mode can be switched
off, because there are extensions (specifically the german language extension) that use
double quotes as tool for displaying special characters. The jedit highlighting interpretes these quotes as beginning of a string and highlights the following parts in string coulour until an other accidental double quote appears.

Thanks for reading and for help, if something like that is already possible,
Mat
How to show the keyboard language selected
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 10 December, 2004 - 22:50
hi,
just want to know how to show the kind of keyboard I choosed when I do Ctrl-Shift. is it possible to place an icon or something else for to show that ?
thanks in advance.
Feature Request to load/view the head/tail/other end of a file
Submitted by paulflory on Wednesday, 8 December, 2004 - 22:44
I wish I could use jEdit to view specific parts of a file (e.g., the "tail" or "head"), especially HUGE files, like the 100MB+ log files I typically need to comb through.

jEdit has trouble with large files, eats a good deal of memory, and becomes sluggish with such beasts.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could load the tail end of a file, like the Unix tail command does? Or the head of a file. Or, if possible, but not as important, be able to specify the line numbers (range) we want to open.

I tried using the Log Viewer plugin, but it also eats up memory and croaks with large files.

Thanks,
Paul
plug-ins for SVN ?
Submitted by cyu021 on Saturday, 4 December, 2004 - 14:03
Hi folks,

Is there any plan for developing a plug-ins for SVN ?

Cheers,
code browser for CSS
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 20:34
I would really appreciate plug-in, that would show all classes etc in CSS files (something like CodeBrowser in PHP)

Thanx

Honzik
(x)html table generator
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 16:45
I miss some feature of HomeSite - "html table generator". It is button,.. when used, I can "draw" table, set aligning, spacing etc. Then it generates XHTML code to current buffer. Really helpfull feature
implicit folds tree
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 24 November, 2004 - 16:49
I use implicit folding a lot and I find it quite frustrating not to be able to navigate in the files using them. This could provide code browsing for any file type and I don't think it is very complicated to do.
FTP: display owner and last modified date/time
Submitted by jedal on Wednesday, 24 November, 2004 - 14:46
I am using jEdit on Windows to check and edit files and scripts on an HP-UX server. This all works almost perfect, but if I want to look who's the owner or what is the modification time of a file, I have to switch to Reflection.

It would help me a lot if owner and timestamp would be displayed in the FTP file list.
Word completion from all open buffers...
Submitted by bjorn on Tuesday, 23 November, 2004 - 20:48
It would be great if there was an option to have word completion work across all open buffers, rather than just the current one. For example, if I have a C++ header file and am working in the .cpp file, it would be nice to be able to still have completions work from the .h.

This kind of works if you open up multiple views (the completion will be drawn from all buffers currently in views), but especially for languages that lack good code completion in jEdit (i.e., most non-Java languages), the more extensive word completion would be a great boon.

So...when is 5.0 coming? Smiling
Need to expansion of syntax highlighting
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 22 November, 2004 - 10:34
Current engine of syntax highlighting is great!
There is just one snag...
Theoretically I want ability to define of own token types (colors) and parser rules in mode files like in Vim.

Is this feature?
Better indenting?!?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 15:44
I like Jedit a lot, but I keep having trouble with the indenting. In perl, the indenting code simply does not seem to understand situations when a statement is being continued on the next line. In these cases, there should be some extra-indent (e.g. one additional indent level), but Jedit does not do that.
Deep indent does not work correctly either because it will indent way too deep in many situations.

It would really be great if this would work like in other editors, e.g. (x)emacs, where the indenter actually knows about the syntax of the language to indent and acts accordingly.

Is there a way to replace the default indenting by a plugin that would try to do it more intelligently?
Automatic Plugin Updates
Submitted by buffering on Sunday, 14 November, 2004 - 21:17
I think it'd be nice to have an "automatic" update feature(either built-in or through plugin) for plugin management. When the Jedit finishes loading, a message box shows up asking user if he/she would like to update their plugin automatically without going through "Plugin Management=>Update" menu everytime.

Oh yeah, it'd be even better if we could turn that auto update on and off through "Global Options" for some people can't afford to have JEdit checking for update site everytime JEdit loads.
keyboard mapper for non ASCII characters
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 13 November, 2004 - 11:11
I have to write programs with a lot of strings written in other scripts like cyrillic, japanese and so forth. I can use the input method editors of MAC, PC or Linux, but for typing IPA or the Chinese transcription Pinyin there is no input method editor.

It would be a very good to have such a user configurable plugin for jEdit. I don't know whether it is possible to write a plugin which runs between key event and text area but I guess.

sugestions:
- via plugin option you can create different key mapping tables
- you can choose your key mapping by shortcut
- the key mapping table is saved as normal utf8 file
- it should be possible not only to have a 1:1 mapping but also n:m mapping, i.e. I write e.g. 'shi' and the plugin insert the Japanese character 'shi'
- I don't know whether it is possible but it would be very nice: If I type a 'A' a popup window appears and I can choose which 'A' I want to insert the Latin, Greek, Russian, etc. if there are more thna one entry for 'A' in the mapping table.

I installed the plugin 'Accents' and I was inspired by it.

I can try to write this plugin by myself but on one hand I haven't a deep insight into the jedit classes and on the other hand I havn't enough time. But at least I would help!

Thanks in advance

Hans
Template plugin: ignore more than three subsequent ##
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 11:16
Hi All,

I'm a Perl developer and use ########## lines to cut my code into pieces or make things more visible.

Unfortunately, the template plugin rips out these lines as they start with ## and are therefore a vm comment.

It would thus be cool to have a directive to not parse some characters.

E.g.:

#noparse=#####################################################################

Thanks,
Sven
Search Replace Multiple Lines With Option To Ignore Whitespace
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 06:23
For people who get stuck doing search/replace in HTML oftentimes, what you are searching for is multiple lines of text. Also, you tend to want to replace with multiple lines of text. Here is an example:

Search:
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>
Hello World
</tr></td>
</table>

Replace:
<table width="100%" class="somestyle">
<tr><td class="hello">
Hello
</tr></td>
<tr><td class="world">
World
</tr></td>
</table>

In other words, instead of using a text field, an option to use a text area for multiple lines would be great.

Furthermore, an option to ignore whitespace differences in the the search string would be great!. For example these would both match when I searched for Hello World!:

Search Matches:
Hello Wo
rld

Search Matches:
Hello World

You could of course use a regular expression for this. However, when search/replacing large amounts of multi-line text with HTML and other weird characters, escaping all the special characters for a regular expression usage would really suck and take a long time. A simple "ignore whitespace difference" checkbox would be much nicer.

My two cents!

Mike
preview of buffer in browser without saving (infoViewer)
Submitted by Jere2 on Tuesday, 2 November, 2004 - 23:41
I'm using InfoViewer to view HTML page in browser. But it is always necessary to save file.
Is it possible to make same option to view edited buffer withnout saving (like in HomeSite)?
Unix -> Dos ans Dos -> Unix file format conversions.
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 27 October, 2004 - 16:37
well this is it:
I work on a windows based machine that connects to a unix machine. I like Jedit very very much. but anything i write has to be sent to the unix machine to be compiled. and then run. but if i save anything in windows format then the unix compliler gets very stroppy.

so im stuck either using the vi editor (no thanks) over a terminal or some other fancy windows editor that lets me save to unix file format. BUT... i really really (perhaps love) jedit... so please put this in a plugin or the program!

thanks
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348