jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Source Control & VSS
Submitted by tct592 on Monday, 8 November, 2004 - 17:29
Can't get the plugin to work, have tried downloading from site and through JEdit. I have updated the properties file in the jar file, but am getting the following error:

MSVisualSourceSafeImpl - is not in the working folder of the specified VSS Projects - set projects in the VSSIntegration.

When you download thru plugin manager you just get the jar file, I have downloaded the full zip file but have no idea where to put the above class file.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.
Window can't be resized / moved
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 8 November, 2004 - 15:41
Suddenly i have a strange behaviour. The main jEdit window can not be resized anymore. It has allways the maximum size (screen size - WinTaskbar). I.E. i click the toggle icon for maximize/default-size but nothing happens. It still occupies all of the screen. Interestingly jEdit start up with the maximized window. Minimizing the window, so that only the taskbar icon is visible works ok.

Unfortunately I don't know what has changed. A colleague of mine worked on my PC for just one day and now i have the maximum window effect Sad

jEdit 4.2final, java 1.4.2_03, windows2000 SP4

Can anyone help?
jEdit on z/OS
Submitted by clintolson on Friday, 5 November, 2004 - 19:28
I trying to run jedit on z/OS (IBM mainframe) with Unix System Services with the following JVM: java version "1.3.1" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1) Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM OS/390 Persistent Reusable VM build cm131s-20040117 (JIT enabled: jitc)) I was able to install jedit (java -jar jedit42install.jar) just fine. Unfortunately, when I start jedit there seems to be a problem reading jedit config files, specifically XML files. I get errors like this: [error] ActionSet: jar:file:/u/act026/tools/jedit/jedit.jar!/org/gjt/sp/jedit/actions.xml:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") [error] DockableWindowManager: jar:file:/u/act026/tools/jedit/jedit.jar!/org/gjt/sp/jedit/dockables.xml:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") [error] ServiceManager: jar:file:/u/act026/tools/jedit/jedit.jar!/org/gjt/sp/jedit/services.xml:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") [error] jEdit: /u/act026/tools/jedit/modes/catalog:1: expected character (found "s") (expected "<") jedit will start but it will be unusable because none of its actions are registered correctly. Here is what I get when I select the Global Options tool bar icon: [warning] EditAction$Wrapper: Unknown action: global-options Any and all suggestions would be welcome (sorry about the formatting, yikes), thanks!
Few fonts to choose (Linux, Java 1.4.2, jEdit 4.2)
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 4 November, 2004 - 16:54
Hi all,

I only have extremely few fonts in the font selection dialogues.

It's: Bitstream Charter, Courier, Courier 10 Pitch, Cursor, Default, Dialog, DialogInput, Lucida Bright, Lucida Sans, Lucida Sans Typewriter, Luxi Mono, Luxi Sans, Luxi Serif, Monospaced, SansSerif, Serif, Utopia.

Furthermore, most fonts I choose look the same. For expample, Monospaced and Lucida Sans Typewriter are exactly the same.

I would like to use Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, my favorite font, TrueType, looks a bit like Verdana but even cleaner IMHO, and there's also the mono-version for editing Eye-wink.
I use it everywhere else (except in a terminal). It works with GTK2 font selection dialogs, e.g. with gvim, but not here in jEdit (I guess in other Java apps it also wouldn't work then, but jEdit is the only Java app I use (since 2 days)).

If you need more info (maybe the X11 font paths, but as other font selection dialogues recognize them, it should be all ok...), tell me so I can paste.

I could live with Monospaced (anti-aliased), but it would be cool to have my usual font.
I hope someone can give me some hints on this.

##################################

$ java -version
java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode)
Inserting ctrl characters into documents.
Submitted by macbsd on Monday, 1 November, 2004 - 20:27
I have a unix shell script, and I need to insert a (ascii 13) into a sed script. I can insert the ^M via some other editor, but if I open the script in jEdit, then it gets ripped out when the file gets saved.

It's like jEdit is doing a dos-to-unix conversion on every save, ripping out all characters on every save. I would expect that if the file type was set to unix, then the "Enter" key would just generate characters, but not modify the rest of the file.

Thanks,

MacBSD

Plugin Manager Problems on jEdit 4.2final
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 27 October, 2004 - 19:40
I have just downloaded and installed jEdit on a brand new machine. The Plugin Manager does not seem to be able to download the plugin list. It can get a list of 4 mirrors but will not allow you to change from the default. This is not my first time around the park with jEdit but it is my first time with a problem of any kind with the Plugin Manager.

I am not behind a firewall.

Operating System: WindowsXP Home Edition.
Java Version: 1.5

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Jim
The XML plugin don't find my DTD
Submitted by Marcogringo on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 07:23
Hi, I have a problem with the XML plugin : I can't find how to use it when a dtd (or an XML schema) is associated to a document.
Here is a part doctype of my document "my_tree.xml":
!DOCTYPE root SYSTEM "my_product.dtd" (encapsulate in < and > : sorry I didn't find how to post xml data in the forum)
"my_product.dtd" is in the same directory than "my_tree.xml" (loaded in a buffer of jEdit), but the XML plugin don't look finding it. It give an error for all elements et attributes, like "Element root must be declared". It is like if it doesn't able to find my dtd: it's the same thing if I write anything else for the system ID (dtd name) in "my_tree.xml".
Pleaaaase, I need an answer...
International character input
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 00:41
Whenever I type the a single quote (') or the double quote (") or a tilde (~) followed by certain letters it auto-corrects it into an accented character:

So:
'a => á
"a => ä
~n => ñ
"u => ü
/c => ¢
etc.

I am not sure if it is something Java is doing or if it is JEdit enabling international character input. This is under Windows XP SP2, JRE 1.5.0, Jedit 4.2. Either way, it makes writing program code a major pain.

Roger
Plugin update
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 20 October, 2004 - 02:22
Plugin update allways reports that there is new version of Ant Helper (0.8.3) but i never get that new version.
Javafold + WhiteSpace = problem
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 20 October, 2004 - 02:16
Fold guides are not displayed as it should be if folding mode is set to java (using javafold plugin)
gruntspud broken pipe
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 19 October, 2004 - 09:37
hi all,
i'm tryng to use gruntspud plugin, but every time i use a command like checkout i have a "broken pipe" error.

maybe i don't set some preferences, i don't know

this is my activity log:
[notice] CommandGroup: 424637 [CommandGroup] INFO CVS - Ignore file filter set
[error] CommandGroup: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
[error] CommandGroup: at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
[error] CommandGroup: at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:260)
[error] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
[error] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
[error] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:124)
[error] CommandGroup: at java.io.FilterOutputStream.flush(FilterOutputStream.java:123)
[error] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client.processRequests(Client.java:422)
[error] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.command.checkout.CheckoutCommand.execute(CheckoutCommand.java:272)
[error] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client.executeCommand(Client.java:518)
[error] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doCommand(CVSCommandHandler.java:581)
[error] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doDir(CVSCommandHandler.java:510)
[error] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doNodes(CVSCommandHandler.java:388)
[error] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.run(CVSCommandHandler.java:330)
[notice] CommandGroup: 426548 [CommandGroup] ERROR CVS - org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.command.CommandException: Broken pipe
[notice] CommandGroup: 426548 [CommandGroup] ERROR CVS - Command unit exception
[notice] CommandGroup: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:260)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:124)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.FilterOutputStream.flush(FilterOutputStream.java:123)
[notice] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client.processRequests(Client.java:422)
[notice] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.command.checkout.CheckoutCommand.execute(CheckoutCommand.java:272)
[notice] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client.executeCommand(Client.java:518)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doCommand(CVSCommandHandler.java:581)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doDir(CVSCommandHandler.java:510)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doNodes(CVSCommandHandler.java:388)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.run(CVSCommandHandler.java:330)
[notice] CommandGroup: 429614 [CommandGroup] ERROR CVS - Command unit exception
[notice] CommandGroup: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:260)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:124)
[notice] CommandGroup: at java.io.FilterOutputStream.flush(FilterOutputStream.java:123)
[notice] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client.processRequests(Client.java:422)
[notice] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.command.checkout.CheckoutCommand.execute(CheckoutCommand.java:272)
[notice] CommandGroup: at org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.Client.executeCommand(Client.java:518)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doCommand(CVSCommandHandler.java:581)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doDir(CVSCommandHandler.java:510)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.doNodes(CVSCommandHandler.java:388)
[notice] CommandGroup: at gruntspud.CVSCommandHandler$CommandGroup.run(CVSCommandHandler.java:330)
[debug] EditBus: ErrorSourceUpdate[source=null,what=ERROR_ADDED,errorSource=gruntspud.jedit.ErrorListGruntspudCVSListener@1e94001,error=gruntspud.jedit.ErrorListGruntspudCVSListener$GruntspudCVSError@7413e8]
[notice] AWT-EventQueue-0: 430485 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO Plugin - Saving progress dialog geometry cvsCommand.progressDialog.geometry as java.awt.Dimension[width=182,height=154]

thanks a lot
ps. nice job man, i love jedit
jEdit 4.2 closes by itself in Windows XP SP2
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 13 October, 2004 - 16:52
It installed just fine, and launches correctly. But as soon as I close the "Welcome" help page, the whole application closes. Java environment is Sun's j2re1.4.2_05.
Jedit 4.2 on Debian
Submitted by JLuca on Wednesday, 13 October, 2004 - 07:59
Hi all,
I am an enthusiastic jedit user, I use since a long time the version 4.1 on a Debian Sid. If I am not wrong I downloaded it as a .deb, and I had several problems with it (I must use the blackdawn jre to run it, apt-getted as well...). With the 4.2 I've big problems: it works just if I launch it as root, and this is not so pleasant... Please, let me know if I can fix it in some way (it's maybe obvious, but I don't have time to look for the solution of the problem...).
Btw, jedit is great, and I would like to go on in using it, instead than to pass at Eclipse...
Give me some advice Smiling
Regards,
L.
Whitespace plugin doesnt work in 4.2final
Submitted by pachanga on Wednesday, 13 October, 2004 - 05:58
First of all jEdit is a great stuff and i'm very impressed with it! I sent to trash my ultraedit Smiling

Whitespace plugin doesn't seem to be working properly in 4.2final. It simply doesn't show anything Sad I tried modified unofficial version of this plugin(this topic arose here already) and to no avail...

Can someone help me please?
I/O Error updating plugin mirrors.
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 8 October, 2004 - 19:55
Hello,

I've just installed jEdit 4.2final on Win2K sp4 with J2SE 5.0. I'm trying to update the list of mirrors, but I keep getting the message "An I/O error occurred (java.net.ConnectException: ConnectionRefused: connect)". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Extremly slow I/O over VPN
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 3 October, 2004 - 17:26
Hi,
I have this problem with jEdit. I'm using it to edit files on SMB mapped disk over VPN. The link speed is 128/16KBs. The problem is that all I/O operations are extremly slow in jEdit. Browsing directory with 30 files takes about minute to finish (with explorer it takes about 1 sec). Saving buffers behaves even stranger. Sometimes it takes 1-2 secs and sometimes even 1 minute to save 10-20KB large buffer (with other editors it takes always cca 2-3secs). Also when I switch to jEdit it takes cca 1-2secs to draw it's window (but this time is stable) and switching between buffers is quick as normal.

Can anyone explain me this strange behaviour? I've tested JRE 1.5.0 and 1.4.1, jEdits 4.2final and 3.2.

Radek
Java error with OS X
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 2 October, 2004 - 19:23
Hi,

I installed jEdit on my Mac running OS X (10.2.6). When I launch jEdit, I get an error message that says, "Mac OS plugin requires newer version of Java (MRJ 99)." I have the very latest update of Java from Apple installed on my computer, though, so I don't know why it says that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sally
4.2 and BufferSelector not updating tab
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 28 September, 2004 - 20:58
I just started using version 4.2 final. BufferSelector 1.0.6 (the latest) appears to be broken. My config worked perfect in 4.1.

For some reason, now BufferSelector won't update its highlighted tab when I press Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn, even though the file does switch. It just stays stuck on the last tab that happened to be active when I start the editor. Mouse clicking a tab works.

I've seen this on both Linux and Windows. And I see it with many combinations of plugins installed, including no extra ones.

Any ideas?
FTP Plugin kills all Network and Internet Connections
Submitted by Bodo on Sunday, 26 September, 2004 - 17:42
Same Problem Windows 2000: network is killed

The same with Windows 2000 SP4, JDK 5.0, Jedit 4.2 final: The computer does not reboot but my network Adapter freezes. All network or internet connections are dead until reboot.

First I do File -> Save, open an FTP Connection, Browse on the FTP Server. This works all fine. But as soon as I press "save" it takes about one minute, nothings happens (I/O 1 Operation in progess). After about 1 Minute I get an "Cannot save: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"-Error.

Here is the action log:

[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=10,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserIORequest[type=LIST_DIRECTORY,vfs=org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.FileVFS@192c8d9,path1=E:\0_zumloeschen\,path2=null]]
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=13,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserIORequest[type=LIST_DIRECTORY,vfs=ftp.FtpVFS@955cd5,path1=ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/,path2=null]]
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: Connecting to ftp://royalbunker.de:21
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: USER gloria
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 331 Please specify the password.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASS
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 230 Login successful. Have fun.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PWD
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 257 "/home/gloria"
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de locked
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: CWD /home/gloria/
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: TYPE I
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASV
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,246,56,63,214,83)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: LIST -a
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 150 Here comes the directory listing.
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 8 513 506 4096 Sep 08 19:30 .
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxr-xr-x 9 0 0 4096 Sep 06 11:31 ..
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 226 Directory send OK.
[debug] DirectoryCache: Cached ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria to C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\.jedit\cache\cache-1-1096218543281.tmp
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #1,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de released
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=16,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserIORequest[type=LIST_DIRECTORY,vfs=ftp.FtpVFS@955cd5,path1=ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2,path2=null]]
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: NOOP
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 NOOP ok.
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de locked
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: CWD /home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: TYPE I
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASV
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,246,56,63,67,121)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: LIST -a
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 150 Here comes the directory listing.
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 32 513 506 4096 Sep 08 16:53 .
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 8 513 506 4096 Sep 08 19:30 ..
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 226 Directory send OK.
[debug] DirectoryCache: Cached ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2 to C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\.jedit\cache\cache-2-1096218546140.tmp
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #2,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de released
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=19,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserIORequest[type=LIST_DIRECTORY,vfs=ftp.FtpVFS@955cd5,path1=ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/specials,path2=null]]
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: NOOP
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 NOOP ok.
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de locked
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: CWD /home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/specials
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: TYPE I
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASV
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,246,56,63,175,205)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: LIST -a
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 150 Here comes the directory listing.
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 4 513 506 4096 Sep 08 16:53 .
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 32 513 506 4096 Sep 08 16:53 ..
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 226 Directory send OK.
[debug] DirectoryCache: Cached ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/specials to C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\.jedit\cache\cache-3-1096218554515.tmp
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de released
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=22,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserIORequest[type=LIST_DIRECTORY,vfs=ftp.FtpVFS@955cd5,path1=ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/,path2=null]]
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=25,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.BrowserIORequest[type=LIST_DIRECTORY,vfs=ftp.FtpVFS@955cd5,path1=ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/styles,path2=null]]
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: NOOP
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 NOOP ok.
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de locked
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: CWD /home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/styles
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: TYPE I
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASV
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,246,56,63,203,204)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: LIST -a
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 150 Here comes the directory listing.
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 3 513 506 4096 Sep 25 22:06 .
[debug] FtpConnection: Discarding drwxrwx--x 32 513 506 4096 Sep 08 16:53 ..
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 226 Directory send OK.
[debug] DirectoryCache: Cached ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/styles to C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\.jedit\cache\cache-4-1096218559250.tmp
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #3,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de released
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=28,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.browser.VFSFileChooserDialog$GetFileTypeRequest@e3849c]
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: NOOP
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 NOOP ok.
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de locked
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: CWD /home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/styles/
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: TYPE I
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASV
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,246,56,63,232,117)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: LIST s2.css
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 150 Here comes the directory listing.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 226 Directory send OK.
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de released
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=SAVING,view=org.gjt.sp.jedit.View[active],source=s2.css (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=30,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.BufferIORequest[type=SAVE,buffer=s2.css (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]]
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: NOOP
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 NOOP ok.
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de locked
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: TYPE I
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 200 Switching to Binary mode.
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: PASV
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (64,246,56,63,195,30)
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: sending command: STOR /home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/styles/s2.css
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: received response: 150 Ok to send data.
[debug] DirectoryCache: Deleting C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\.jedit\cache\cache-4-1096218559250.tmp
[error] BufferIORequest: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
[error] BufferIORequest: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
[error] BufferIORequest: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
[error] BufferIORequest: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:299)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:362)
[error] BufferIORequest: at com.fooware.net.FtpResponse.setMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] BufferIORequest: at com.fooware.net.FtpResponse.(Unknown Source)
[error] BufferIORequest: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.setResponse(Unknown Source)
[error] BufferIORequest: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.closeTransferSocket(Unknown Source)
[error] BufferIORequest: at com.fooware.net.FtpOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
[error] BufferIORequest: at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implClose(StreamEncoder.java:431)
[error] BufferIORequest: at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.close(StreamEncoder.java:160)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java:222)
[error] BufferIORequest: at java.io.BufferedWriter.close(BufferedWriter.java:250)
[error] BufferIORequest: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.BufferIORequest.write(BufferIORequest.java:912)
[error] BufferIORequest: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.BufferIORequest.save(BufferIORequest.java:722)
[error] BufferIORequest: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.BufferIORequest.run(BufferIORequest.java:134)
[error] BufferIORequest: at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThread.doRequest(WorkThread.java:194)
[error] BufferIORequest: at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThread.doRequests(WorkThread.java:161)
[error] BufferIORequest: at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThread.run(WorkThread.java:135)
[error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: ftp://gloria@royalbunker.de:21/home/gloria/royalbunkerwebsite2/styles/s2.css:
[error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Cannot save: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
[debug] ConnectionManager: Thread[jEdit I/O #4,1,jEdit I/O]: Connection 0:royalbunker.de released

And then a strange thing happens: After two minutes Jedit freezes an becomes unusable without any action of mine. One minute later Jedit is just normal again (without restart or anything, just wait for one minute), but all the network and internet connections are dead until reboot.

Here is the action log of the second part:

[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=LOAD_STARTED,view=org.gjt.sp.jedit.View[active],source=Untitled-1 (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=org.gjt.sp.jedit.View[active],source=Untitled-1 (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=CREATED,view=org.gjt.sp.jedit.View[active],source=Untitled-1 (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]
[debug] EditBus: EditPaneUpdate[what=BUFFER_CHANGED,source=org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditPane[active]]
[error] EditBus: Exception while sending message on EditBus:
[error] EditBus: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.EBMessage.getSource()Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/EBComponent;
[error] EditBus: at whitespace.WhiteSpacePlugin.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus.send(EditBus.java:148)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditPane.setBuffer(EditPane.java:117)
[error] EditBus: at buffertabs.BufferTabs$ChangeHandler.stateChanged(Unknown Source)
[error] EditBus: at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.fireStateChanged(JTabbedPane.java:290)
[error] EditBus: at javax.swing.JTabbedPane$ModelListener.stateChanged(JTabbedPane.java:222)
[error] EditBus: at javax.swing.DefaultSingleSelectionModel.fireStateChanged(DefaultSingleSelectionModel.java:116)
[error] EditBus: at javax.swing.DefaultSingleSelectionModel.setSelectedIndex(DefaultSingleSelectionModel.java:50)
[error] EditBus: at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedIndexImpl(JTabbedPane.java:478)
[error] EditBus: at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedIndex(JTabbedPane.java:464)
[error] EditBus: at buffertabs.BufferTabs.bufferCreated(Unknown Source)
[error] EditBus: at buffertabs.BufferTabs.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus.send(EditBus.java:148)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.openFile(jEdit.java:1479)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newFile(jEdit.java:1617)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newFile(jEdit.java:1572)
[error] EditBus: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[error] EditBus: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
[error] EditBus: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
[error] EditBus: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.Reflect.invokeOnMethod(Reflect.java:149)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:100)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:872)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:72)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246)
[error] EditBus: at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:171)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:523)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:195)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DefaultInputHandler.handleKey(DefaultInputHandler.java:297)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.View.processKeyEvent(View.java:669)
[error] EditBus: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Java14$MyFocusManager.postProcessKeyEvent(Java14.java:180)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:683)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:916)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:794)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:632)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3841)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1766)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
[error] EditBus: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
[debug] EditBus: SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=DIRTY_CHANGED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]
[debug] GestureHandler: MOUSE_RELEASED,(194,696),button=1,modifiers=Button1,clickCount=1
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=33,run=org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.BufferIORequest[type=AUTOSAVE,buffer=Untitled-1 (E:\0_zumloeschen\)]]
[debug] ConnectionManager: Closing connection to ftp://royalbunker.de:21
[debug] FtpClient: Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: sending command: QUIT
[error] ConnectionManager: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
[error] ConnectionManager: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
[error] ConnectionManager: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
[error] ConnectionManager: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:299)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:362)
[error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpResponse.setMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpResponse.(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.setResponse(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.sendCommand(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.logout(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at ftp.FtpConnection.logout(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at ftp.ConnectionManager.closeConnection(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at ftp.ConnectionManager$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
[error] ConnectionManager: at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:271)
[error] ConnectionManager: at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:201)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
[error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

I have seen some other threads in this forum about this problem. I just decided to open an new thread including all my activity log.

Thanks for you help!

Bodo
Displaying Arabic in Jedit
Submitted by Firmicus on Friday, 24 September, 2004 - 21:38
In Jedit 4.1 text UTF-8 encoded Arabic text was correctly displayed with contextual glyph shaping, and from right to left. Now with Jedit 4.2 this no longer works. Arabic letters are displayed individually from left to right, without contextual shaping.

Any idea?

Thanks
F
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349