jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Windows context menu not working
Submitted by abunai on Sunday, 2 May, 2004 - 19:45
Hello -
I am having trouble using the context menu in windows xp to open a selected file. When I highlight a file, right click it, I can see the option "Open with jEdit". When I select this, jEdit opens, but not the selected file. The last open file seems to be the one that is displayed. I also found that jedit is unable to open files from the command line ex. "jedit textfile.txt". The only way I can open a file is the open dialog with in jedit. Any ideas?
XML hangs while parsing when schema specified
Submitted by bkc on Thursday, 29 April, 2004 - 15:10
Not sure if this should be a bug or maybe I just messed up.

I'm using jEdit 4.2 Pre 11 with XML 0.13

I created an xsd file (or started to) that's very simple.
-- woodschema.xsd --
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xsd:element name="root" type="xsd:string" />
</xsd:schema>

When I edit this, Error List says "cannot find the declaration of 'xsd:schema'. I get the same kind of error when editing .xslt files. The XML plugin has never asked me to download schema definitions, though the plugin options says it should.

I created an OASIS catalog, like this:

-- system catalog
system "adkwood.xsd" "file:///o:/Holmes/Wood/woodschema.xsd"
public "http://www.adirondackcraft.com/Schemas/AdkWood.xsd" "adkwood.xsd"

Then added the catalog file to the XML plugin catalog list.

Then, I created (or started to) a simple .xml file, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<root xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.adirondackcraft.com/Schemas/AdkWood.xsd">

</root>

When I open this file, sidekick shows "Parsing" and jEdit uses 100% cpu time.

I also tried changing the simple .xml file to this:

<root xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:///o:/Holmes/Wood/woodschema.xsd">
</root>

But it still hangs when I open it.

- questions -

1. why doesn't the XML plugin download schemas for validating xsd or xslt?

2. If the XML plugin did download the schemas or DTDs, where would it store them? I can't find them anywhere

3. What's the correct way to setup a local .xsd file and work on both the xsd and a test xml file at the same time?

Thanks
SQL Troubles
Submitted by ebresie on Tuesday, 27 April, 2004 - 15:40
I am trying to use the SQL plugin (.98) on a Windows 2000 based system using MySQL 4.0.18 with JEdit 4.2pre11 .

I'm not sure if this is something I don't currently have configured properly but whenever I try to access the SQL in the Plugin Options, it basically becomes unresponsive.

I tried getting the JDBC Connector for MySQL but I'm not sure if I have this configured correctly or if I am missing something.

My eventual hope is to use XP Tracker which requires MySQL to work, but first things first..

Anyone have any ideas of how to work on this one?
ASP / ASPX
Submitted by JerJer on Monday, 26 April, 2004 - 13:26
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm currently coding some asp.NET. If I code in asp, my keywords gets colors and well it's easier to view your code. In asp.NET I just get black text. I know I can go in the "Buffer Option... - edit mode" and specify that I'm currently coding asp. Is there a setting somewhere that I could change so I wouldn't have to change the setting every time for every file.

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Jer
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError on startup
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 23 April, 2004 - 13:46
Can anybody help with this error on startup? Only happened after i added plugin jars to the jars folder

Exception while sending message on EditBus:
[error] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: LOADED
[error] at errorlist.DefaultErrorSource.handleBufferMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] at errorlist.DefaultErrorSource.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus.send(EditBus.java:166)
[error] at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer.load(Buffer.java:183)
[error] at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.openFile(jEdit.java:1343)
[error] at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newFile(jEdit.java:1485)
[error] at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newFile(jEdit.java:1440)
[error] at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$2.run(jEdit.java:3072)
[error] at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
[error] at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:448)
[error] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:197)
[error] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
[error] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:144)
[error] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:136)
[error] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)
[error] Exception while sending message on EditBus:
Xinsert error
Submitted by rene on Wednesday, 14 April, 2004 - 15:22
version 4.2pre11 When I choose in the menu >> plugins > xinsert I get the following error : java.lang.ClassCastException at XTree.loadMacroVector(XTree.java:233) at XTree.init(XTree.java:204) at XTree.(XTree.java:142) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager$Factory.createDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:533) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager.showDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:742) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager.addDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:771) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager.toggleDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:817) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.invokeOnMethod(Reflect.java:149) at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Reflect.java:81) at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doName(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:169) at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doSuffix(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:120) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:80) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:171) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:523) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2882) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:216) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
I can not move the jedit window
Submitted by rcen on Wednesday, 14 April, 2004 - 03:45
HI All,
I can not move/resize the jedit window anymore. I do not know what thing is wrong clicked. I am using RH7.3 Jedit 4.1 final. Please give me some hint about how to fix it. Thanks.
rcen
noserver Argument has no effect (4.2 pre 11)
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 13 April, 2004 - 16:37
Hi-
I'm running 4.2pre11 on MacOSX 10.3. I'm trying to set up for a presentation in which I would like to have multiple instances of JE running, each with different files open (Beyond what can be done with the project plugin). To prevent multiple JE instances from being linked (ie forced to have the same files open), I'm trying to use the -noserver option. The first problem I found is that adding the -noserver flag causes this message in the activity log:

[warning] jEdit: You cannot specify both the -background and -noserver switches

This seems like a bug, since the docs state that the -nobackground option is the default, and I don't see that I have the -background option set anywhere. Attempting to work around this, I added the -nobackground option to my startup. This results in no mention in the Activity Log and 'unlinking'. It seems that the -noserver flag is ignored.

Here is the relavant snipet from the Info.plist file (inside JEdit.app - its a way of bundling java apps with all of their commandline options in OSX):

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>-noserver -nobackground</string>

Has anyone gotten the noserver argument to work? Anyone specifically in OSX or 4.2pre11?

Thanks guys-

JEdit is the best tool in my box,
Eric Everman
FTP plug-in not saving favorites
Submitted by MjH on Thursday, 8 April, 2004 - 18:50
I've noticed that the FTP plugin (v0.7.2) in 4.2pre11 is not saving favorites (on two different machines). What information is required to help determine if this is an actual bug or some configuration (or other) problem in my installation?

Maury...
Custom Code Completion
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 6 April, 2004 - 23:27
I'm using jedit to edit files for languages not predefined in jedit (FlagShip and xHarbour).

I would like to put two things working for this two languages (without developing new plugins): code completion and something like Delphi and VB IDE's do, showing a ballon with the parameters of the function i'm writing at that moment.

Is there any way to put jedit making these two things. For what I saw, only with better known languages as C and JAVA.

Thanks
No tildes or accent characters
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 4 April, 2004 - 07:21
Hi All,

jEdit has worked well so far for me, but there's a problem I've recently noticed. When I try to enter Spanish characters such as ñ, accented characters such as áéíóú, or inverse question/exclamation marks, it replaces them with squares. Changing the font doesn't do anything.

I'm running jEdit 4.1final, j2sdk-1.4.2.04, and XFree86 4. Also, I use xmodmap's 'questiondown' 'exclaimdown' and 'dead_acute' maps, although this is irrelevant, as emacs (and the console 'nano') uses these characters fine.

I don't speak spanish, but I'm learning how to, so it's not a massive concern /just yet/...
xml plugin + large xml file = out of memory errors
Submitted by nexus on Monday, 29 March, 2004 - 05:11
I get this : [error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError When opening a large xml file. I am assuming that its the xml plugin (version 0.13) or possibly the xslt plugin (version 0.5.3). I also get it when i start jedit, and the file has previously been opened (so its trying to open it again). So i have to fix it by editing "perspective.xml", removing the largeXMLFile.xml element and changing the X and Y attribute in the GEOMETRY element. Any Ideas? I am going to maybe look around, see if i can change the amount of memory java gives jedit when i start it, maybe that'll fix it >Cool
Shell integration problems
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 28 March, 2004 - 21:00
Hi,

I'm using jEdit on windows and it has the right click shell integration when I right click on a file it will have the "open with jedit" and "open .[ext] with jedit" options on the menu that pops up. I am trying to remove this feature b/c it clutters up my menu. I couldn't find anywhere to disable this feature. Does someone know how to do this?
Thanks,
sak
Antelope woes
Submitted by shaolang on Tuesday, 23 March, 2004 - 08:10
Harlow,

I'm using jEdit4.2pre11 and Ant 1.6.1 and I've installed the Antelope plugin, but everytime I run jEdit, it will always give an error that there are errors loading a list of files, which incidentally are the ant jar files. Although Antelope still function, it's very irritating to see those errors being thrown everytime. Please help.

Thanks in advance!
can´t make proxy settings work
Submitted by bpfurtado on Monday, 22 March, 2004 - 13:32
Hi folks,
Unfortunately I can´t make my jedit proxy settings work, I´m really sure the all data are correct (host, port, username, password). Have anyone experiencied similar problem?
Losing GUI Focus while Searching-OS X Panther
Submitted by deaddowney on Thursday, 18 March, 2004 - 19:18
In using Jedit 4.2 pre9, when ever I do a search (not wrapped) and reach the end of the search, a dialog comes up saying that there are no more occurrences of the searched item and if I want to search from the beginning. Upon dismissing this dialog, Jedit loses focus and I'm pretty much stuffed and have to restart the app. Is anybody else seeing this problem?
JEdit , Windows and 56.xx nvidia display drivers
Submitted by Lup on Wednesday, 17 March, 2004 - 01:45
I was using Jedit since a while with Windows, no major issue so far, but since i've installed 56.xx nvidia display drivers, when launching jEdit i have some display corruption.
Then i can use jEdit normally, but when i quit the program system becomes slow (menus are slow, windows draw slowly...)
I was using j2 beta 1.5, rolled back to 1.4.2_03, i still have the same problem, anyone else ? any workaround ?
the drivers seem to work perfectly well with other applications i use.
XSLT still gets transformation error
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 17 March, 2004 - 00:42
I've followed the instructions on moving the xalan, xercesImpl and xmlParserAPIs jar files, and adding the -D flag to the startup for my JEdit installation on Java 1.4.1_02 on RedHat Linux 8. I still get the transformation error about running with the old version of Xalan-Java. Is there something else that needs to be done? This worked fine when I ran JEdit with Java 1.3.1.
Can't get plug-ins to work
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 16 March, 2004 - 04:45
I have downloaded and installed a couple of plug-ins but have not been able to get even one of them to work. For example I have installed the JCompiler, the Debugger, the CodeAid plug-ins but cannot get any of these to work. eg cannot run the debugger. What I am doing wrong ?. I am running jEdit Version 4.2pre9. OS is Win NT 4. Immediate help will be appreciated.
+line option in command-line from windows?
Submitted by bjorn on Monday, 15 March, 2004 - 21:23
Has anyone gotten the +line option working on the command line under windows? For example, if I send a command:

C:/jEdit42/jedit.exe MyFile.java +line:4

It always treats the '+line:4' as though I am trying to open a file of that name. Other variants (e.g., -- MyFile.java...) have the same result.

Is there no way to pass in a line number on Windows if you are using the launcher?

Thanks for any help...
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349