jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
Can I parse the errorlist?
Submitted by PaulCollingwood on Thursday, 21 August, 2008 - 10:59
I have an errorlist being generated from Lint, and so I can move to each warning and error within the code.
What I would like to do is write a macro that, for a given buffer and cursor position is first able to acquire the full path name and file line number (this bit I can do) and then parse the errorlist content looking for a match.
I would then like to insert the comment in the preceding line of the form '/*lint */' which would prevent such errors in future - again. the comment insertion I know how to do.

The question is this - is there a way to parse the errors in the errorlist, extracting file-name, line-number, and error-message for each item in the process?
How to compile your code?
Submitted by RedexRobB on Monday, 25 August, 2008 - 09:16
Im currently learning Java from scratch out of a book, ive installed jEdit fine and starts up no problem. Problem im having, is when im following the book im learning from, it asks me to compile the code, but i dont seem to be able to find a button or option to do it anywhere.

Ive used other editors before for other languages and theres always been an option to compile/build the code to check the syntax is correct.

any help appreciated.

Rob
Ftp plugin with broken pipe exception
Submitted by tony1016 on Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 - 01:49
My environment is Ubuntu 8.0.4+JDK6.0+Jedit 4.3 pre15.The ftp plugin always shows a broken pipe exception.So what is a broken pipe exception??
Inserting ^D into a program with Jedit
Submitted by r0b on Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 - 15:22
I've been racking my brain since 06:00 this morning trying to figure out how to insert a -d into a program. I'm automating a process using expect and need to pass -d to the interface it is communicating with. I've pushed my google-foo as far as I can, and I've searched the Help Section as best I can and turned up nothing of use. I've tried whitespace, but it's only for viewing 'invisible characters'. My apologies for the frustration and my lack of knowledge. My deepest gratitude to those willing to 'show me the way'.
New Menu Entry in VFSBrowser
Submitted by Chemluth H. on Thursday, 28 August, 2008 - 14:23
Hello,
is it possible to add a menu item to the VFSBrowser context-menu (where stuff like rename/delete etc. is located) ?

Greetings

Chemluth
Increasing java heap size in Windows XP
Submitted by jcaponi on Thursday, 28 August, 2008 - 17:18
I'm trying to increase memory heap size to deal with this error:

'There was insuffficient Java heap memory to complete this request. Try increasing the maximum heap size"

I've found references like this:
http://www.philroche.net/archives/jedit-still-going-strong-increase-heap-size/
and this
http://hausheer.osola.com/docs/5

but not sure where these parameters get set: command line? Jedit Properties control panel?
Would appreciate any advice,
thanks
printing problem from Jedit under Linux
Submitted by fjse on Saturday, 30 August, 2008 - 12:17
Dear community,
My problem is I can not print from jEdit (stable and dev version) under OpenSuse 11.0. I have tried with jdk6 and jdk7. Under Windows I have no problem.
Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance
F.J. Santa Eugenia
Using Find/Rep;lace to substitute a Tab character for another character
Submitted by Stuart on Saturday, 30 August, 2008 - 17:22
I often use jEdit to prepare datafiles for subsequent manipulation. At times it is convenient to line up "data fields" into columns in a tab delimited format. Hence, I
would like to substitute a "|" [vertical bar character] that is used as a delimiter and replace it with a tab character (or perhaps 2 tabs) so that the columns are aligned
and readily visible and comparable for visual inspection.

However, when I try to insert a tab character into the replace field of the find/replace pane, it simply moves to the next toggle button (selection) and does not enter a tab character as a replacement. I have tried to use /t "/t", and even prepare a bean-script to do this but so far I haven't succeeded (I get /t or "/t" instead of the tab characer). The user guide doesn't seem to provide insight, at least to me, of how to do this.

Might anyone be able to help me?

Thank you very much,

Stuart
printing problem from jEdit under Linux
Submitted by fjse on Monday, 1 September, 2008 - 14:16
Dear community,
My problem is I can not print from jEdit (stable and dev version) under OpenSuse 11.0. I have tried with jdk6 and jdk7. Under Windows I have no problem.
Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance
F.J. Santa Eugenia
printing problem from jEdit under Linux
Submitted by fjse on Tuesday, 2 September, 2008 - 08:05
Dear community,
Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance
F.J. Santa Eugenia
Importing Empty Directories with Project Viewer
Submitted by SkinnyK on Wednesday, 3 September, 2008 - 03:11
How come project viewer does not import empty directories that are within my project tree? How can I enable this?
Ftp plugin and "@" in username.
Submitted by radoos on Wednesday, 3 September, 2008 - 11:23
Hi,
Is there any way to login to FTP server with "@" in username?
nested, empty super abbrevs
Submitted by takeshin on Wednesday, 3 September, 2008 - 17:09
How should I create abbreviation in SuperAbbrevs plugin, which skips some text if variable is empty?

For example:
<a href="$1" title="${2:default}">$3</a>

When $2 is empty (or default) and I jump next to $3 (or $end), whole title="…" should be removed.

--
regards,
takeshin
Eclipse + Plugin dev
Submitted by WarrickF on Thursday, 4 September, 2008 - 02:47
Hi Guys,

I've inherited a plug-in that was developed for internal use. According to the documentation the process for building \ debugging is as follows:

1. Open project in Eclipse
2. File > Export > JAR File
3. Export to C:\Program Files\jEdit\jars\Plugin.jar
4. Launch JEdit
5. Go to plugin manager and enable the plugin.

This seems to be a rather tedious and takes a long time to test even the simplest change.

Can someone suggest a better way please? Ideally I'd like to be able to add break points that are triggered while using the plugin through JEdit.

I apologize if this is a newbie type question.

Thanks
Warrick
multiple file search
Submitted by tig12 on Friday, 12 September, 2008 - 05:39
Hello,
when I perform a multiple file search, I want to get rid of subversion files in the results.
I want to tell :
Don't search in files that end with :
.svn-base
nor in files that are named :
entries
In the "filter" field, I can enter
{!*.svn-base}
or
{!entries}
it works. But how can I specify both using a glob pattern ?
I tried several things, like {!*.svn-base}{!entries}

An other way could be "don't select files that contain .svn in their path", but the filter field permits to filter file names, not directory

Any ideas ??

Thank you, Thierry
Using the Scheme plugin
Submitted by kiselblat on Sunday, 14 September, 2008 - 20:17
I was wondering about how the Scheme plugin works with the console. I'd like to set the Scheme interpreter setting so that I can use the console roughly the same way it works in, say, Dr. Scheme or Emacs Inferior Scheme. Is there any way to do this in jEdit?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom
Rails - Extract Partial (Extract_Partial.bsh v0.1 by Alexandre da Silva)
Submitted by simpsomboy on Monday, 15 September, 2008 - 13:26
Extract selected region from current buffer as a partial, ask for a name and create a new buffer with _(given_name).(current_extension), then insert a <%= render :partial => 'given_name' %> My shortcut: CS + p Example: you are working in a file index.html.erb, select some region and activate extract partial macro. it will ask you for a name to partial, you inform "list_item", then, a new buffer will be created with name "_list_item.html.erb" with the content of selection, than the selection will be replaced by the command "<%= render :partial => 'list_item' %>". enjoy.
How to invoke external interpreter?
Submitted by tlp on Monday, 15 September, 2008 - 19:33
I am trying to use the console-plugin to invoke my sml-interpreter, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

I go to the console plug-in settings, chose 'Compile & Run' pane and then I scroll down to the 'ml' dropdown lists. But in the dropdowns I cannot choose my interpreter, only the 'preinstalled' ones (ant, diff, hugs, java, javac...).

I'd appreciate a hint in the right direction.

Regards,
Trolle
cannot download new plugins
Submitted by martinsarsini on Thursday, 18 September, 2008 - 12:31
ohi, what are all these errors in the forum?

so I am trying to download a plugin, I can see all the list of plugins, but if trying to install one I am getting an error "error while downloading the plugin, please try another mirror. Connection timed out: connect"

I tried all mirrors but I get the same error. I tried deactiveting my windows firewall.
I tried on my computer at work where I am sure no settings have changed. I have tried at my home computer where I have done a brand new installation.

What can it be?
jEdit 4.3pre15 fails to start on Mac after Java 1.5.0.16 update
Submitted by Seron on Wednesday, 24 September, 2008 - 23:20
I get these error messages. Don't know if they are related to the problem.

01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: Error while starting plugin macos.MacOSPlugin
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at macos.MacOSPlugin.start(Unknown Source)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.startPlugin(PluginJAR.java:1363)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePlugin(PluginJAR.java:739)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePluginIfNecessary(PluginJAR.java:809)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:462)
01:08:34 [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: /Applications/jEdit.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jars/MacOS.jar:
01:08:34 [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
01:08:34 [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.
User login
Browse archives
« August 2008 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   95567