jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
Infoviewer configuration with Windows XP
Submitted by Gary Gabriel on Monday, 3 August, 2009 - 11:32
Hi,

I would like to be able to work more effectively and use Infoviewer with Firefox as external browser for .html texts. But I can't seem to find the right configuration. I get the following errors with the last configuration that I tried:

[debug] InfoViewerPlugin: (external): openURL: file:C:\2009\Temp2009\20091Pub_SisA7_LeadManage_Scribd.htm
[debug] InfoViewerPlugin: args[0]=C:\Programme\MozillaFirefox\firefox.exe
[debug] InfoViewerPlugin: args[1]=file:C:\2009\Temp2009\20091Pub_SisA7_LeadManage_Scribd.htm

If someone could give me a tip on what to tweak; i would appreciate it. Or a tip on where to look for more info- I tried the plugin help, and the wiki.

Thanks- Gary Gabriel
Problem with writing a Mode
Submitted by zorglub76 on Monday, 3 August, 2009 - 13:40
hi all,

i have a problem creating a mode.
i'd like to have some highlighting on the log and i've created this:

http://www.pastie.org/569660

but whenever i put anything like a regex special character (e.g. "\d") in the "end" tag, it selects everything until the end of the page.
for instance, "line " or "line 1" works ok, but "line ." is screwed

any ideas?
4.3pre17 forgets window position and size
Submitted by gsawyer9 on Wednesday, 5 August, 2009 - 17:41
I just updated my Windows XP jEdit from 4.3pre16 to 4.3pre17, and the new version doesn't remember its window size or position. I deleted my settings directory and let jEdit re-create it, but the problem persists. I assume that I've doing something wrong, but what?

Thanks,
Gary.
Multiple untitled buffers
Submitted by tj.rothwell on Wednesday, 5 August, 2009 - 17:46
I sometimes like to have multiple untitled buffers open at one time. Is this possible in jEdit?

It appears that once a single untitled buffer open, no additional buffers will be created.

Thanks!
Compare Buffer Backups (Compare_Buffer_Backups.bsh v1.0 by Ollie Rutherfurd, John Gellene, Anthony Keeley)
Submitted by keeleyt83 on Thursday, 6 August, 2009 - 20:33
Allows user to easily compare backup version of the current buffer, using the JDiff plugin. Requirements: JDK >= 1.5, jEdit >= 4.3pre15, jDiff >= 3.0.0.
won't start, hangs at "run startup scripts"
Submitted by hughstimson on Friday, 7 August, 2009 - 17:31
I had a functioning installation of jedit, but something changed and now it won't load.

The splash screen appears and most of the start-up steps seem to complete successfully, but when it gets to the "run statup scripts" stage it stops loading indefinitely, without any cpu activity.

I'm using 4.3pre17 on WindowsXP.

Some things I've tried:

- Starting from the command line with the -nostartupscripts argument

- Deleting startup.bsh, which (apart from readme.txt) is the only file in the startup folder.

- Uninstalling and re-installing jedit 4.3pre17

- Uninstalling, deleting the jedit program folder, and re-installing.

- Uninstalling and installing 4.2

In all cases it still won't get past "run startup scripts"

Is there a settings directory or registry entry that I should also be deleting to perform a complete uninstall? Or does someone have any ideas about how I might otherwise fix the issue?

I miss jedit.
Using Diff in SVN Browser
Submitted by jrchilds on Sunday, 9 August, 2009 - 19:04
Would anyone be interested in adding a feature to the diff functionality of the SVN Plug-in?

When I'm in the SVN Browser, and I right click a file and select diff, it would be great if the "Revision" option, allowed us to select from the available revisions. I picture something like a "..." button, that when clicked, opens a small window showing the available revision numbers, and the comment created for each revision, and allows you to select one of the revisions to diff with. The comment is actually more important to me than the revision number since we use our own internal versioning scheme, and we use the comment field to hold our internal revision numbers.

Any thoughts, or volunteers?

Thanks
J.R.
After upgrading to jedit 4.3pre17 I have got font display problems
Submitted by tomasio on Tuesday, 11 August, 2009 - 14:38
After upgrading to jedit 4.3pre17 my preferred programming font ("Profont 12") displays wrongly in the editing window. It is antialiased although I defined not to use this feature in the JEdit Text Settings I found under Global Options. For a Screenshot click the link below:
Jedit Text Settings

The line numbers in the gutter left to the editing area display correctly, although using the same font, as seen in the next screenshot:
JEdit Editor Window

All this worked untill the last version (4.3pre16). I am running MacOS 10.5.8 on a MacBookPro, maybe this has something to do with my OS? Any advice would be very appreciated.
File Brower enhancements
Submitted by uhuebner on Thursday, 13 August, 2009 - 11:21
I would love to see some File Brower enhancements, namely:
- multitabs for directories. I'm constantly switching directories. Of course this can be done with favorites but it would be handier to have those directories in different tabs (as TotalCommander does)

In addition it would be nice if there would be an option to automatically switch to directory of current buffer.

- Favorites should by renamable. Showing the tree as name is counterproductive if your tree has more than 5 nodes (in mine there are often more then 20). Why not give it an userdefined alias?

What do you think?

Great work so far!

Just my two cents/wishes
Regards
uhuebner
Uniquely identifiying a Group node in Project Viewer plugin
Submitted by drequena on Sunday, 16 August, 2009 - 12:54
Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum to ask.

Project Viewer plugin allows for project groups with the same name even at the same tree depth level. I need to get at the same VPTGroup node on each run when my own plugin initializes but cant use node paths plus node names for this purpose. Storing an index into and array of equally named groups wouldn't work either as groups before mine could get deleted form PV's main ui.

Setting a custom Icon for my Group could be a solution as I could check on this bu then, no method is available for setting node Icons, just for getting them.. Maybe I've overlooked this?

I've been studying PV's api but couldn't find anything appropriate. Anyone could give any hint?

Thanks in advance,
David
No SQL plugin properties in project viewer
Submitted by AwesomeSheltie on Tuesday, 18 August, 2009 - 13:43
Hi All, I have installed the Windows version of jEdit version 4.3 pre17 and am having trouble getting the SQL plugin installed properly. After it (jEdit and the SQL plugin)was installed, I read all the documentation and have not been able to get the SQL properties tab or tree to show up in the docked Project Viewer. Initially, I installed it via the plugin manager, but after reading the documentation, I noticed that the C:\Documents and Settings\\.jedit\sql directory was empty. So,I downloaded and manually installed the plugin, but am still having the same result. Any ideas? Since this plugin uses the project viewer plugin could it be a plugin-to-plugin problem, or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks in advance
ConfigurableFoldHandler - performance fix (ConfigurableFoldHandler.jar v0.6.3 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Sunday, 23 August, 2009 - 03:14
Fixed a performance bug that was seen when collapsing many folds in a large file.
ConfigurableFoldHandler - fixed mode-specific fold configuration (ConfigurableFoldHandler.jar v0.6.3 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Sunday, 23 August, 2009 - 18:39
Fixed the mode-specific fold configuration (fold start / fold end / use-regexp). Previously it did not work because the mode was incorrectly retrieved from the buffer.
Xilize for jEdit 4.3 (xilize-jEdit.jar v3.0.3.32 by Dale Anson)
Submitted by daleanson on Thursday, 27 August, 2009 - 03:40
A build of the Xilize plugin for jEdit 4.3. This is not from the plugin maintainer, I just made the fixes so it would run in jEdit 4.3.
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer cannot be cast to java.awt.Component with Java Version 6 Update 15
Submitted by rcrodgers on Thursday, 27 August, 2009 - 21:21
After updating Java to version 6 update 15 on Windows Vista (Ultimate, 64-bit), I realized that I had jEdit 4.2 installed and decided to update it to the latest version (4.3pre17) because certain plug-ins weren't working as expected. After installing 4.3pre17, I'm getting the following exception when trying to launch jEdit:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer cannot be cast to java.awt.Component
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.View.restoreSplitConfig(View.java:1747)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.View.setSplitConfig(View.java:911)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.View.(View.java:1356)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newView(jEdit.java:2403)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PerspectiveManager$PerspectiveHandler.endElement(PerspectiveManager.java:341)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLNSDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.gjt.sp.util.XMLUtilities.parseXML(XMLUtilities.java:139)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.SettingsXML.load(SettingsXML.java:155)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PerspectiveManager.loadPerspective(PerspectiveManager.java:104)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditServer.handleClient(EditServer.java:215)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Reflect.java:134)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:98)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:871)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:75)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHAssignment.eval(BSHAssignment.java:77)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:644)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:738)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:727)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade._eval(BeanShellFacade.java:148)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade.eval(BeanShellFacade.java:113)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:369)
	at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditServer$1.run(EditServer.java:343)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Setting to remember window size/position/monitor from last time?
Submitted by KimBastin on Friday, 28 August, 2009 - 02:40
When I used JEdit 4.3pre16, it used to open its window the same size and position and on the same monitor as it was when I last quit the program. (I use a two-monitor system.) But 4.3pre17 always opens in the middle of the primary monitor and always quite small, so I have to drag it larger. Evidently a setting has been lost in the update, but I can't find it.

What's the setting to make Jedit remember its window settings from the last time it was run?

Running on WinXP (SP3), Java 1.6.0_15.
jEdit on Snow Leopard
Submitted by rrm74001 on Friday, 28 August, 2009 - 04:25
I plan on installing Mac OS X Snow leopard tomorrow. Does any one know how jEdit is going to react? I know jEdit is sensitive to Java updates, so I was just wondering if I should expect any problems updating the OS. I am going to school working toward a Computer Science major, so I NEED jEdit to work Laughing out loud.
FoldViewer - updated for recent jEdit versions (e.g. 4.3pre17) (FoldViewer.jar v0.1 by Shlomy Reinstein)
Submitted by shlomy on Friday, 28 August, 2009 - 19:46
Updated FoldViewer to work with the latest jEdit - 4.3pre17. It broke due to a change in the Buffer's constructor: The Hashtable parameter was replaced by a Map one.
Underscore not working
Submitted by diogobaeder on Monday, 31 August, 2009 - 02:58
Hi all, My jEdit is not putting the underscore in the editing text area - it puts a blank space in its place -. Here's the keyboard test output: Event KEY_PRESSED,keyCode=0x10,keyChar=0xffff,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 filtered Event KEY_PRESSED,keyCode=0x2d,keyChar=0x5f,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 filtered Event KEY_TYPED,keyCode=0x0,keyChar=0x5f,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed ==> Translated to <0,5f> Event KEY_RELEASED,keyCode=0x2d,keyChar=0x5f,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed Event KEY_RELEASED,keyCode=0x10,keyChar=0xffff,modifiers=0x0,consumed=0 filtered Could someone help me? Thanks, Diogo
Invalid initial heap size: -XmsM
Submitted by Claribob on Saturday, 5 September, 2009 - 14:10
Hi ! My OS is Fedora 10. I'd like to get Jedit up and running so I can use the Lilypond plugin. So, I followed instructions at the Lilypondtool web site: http://lilypondtool.organum.hu/86.html It told me to install Java Runtime 5.0 and gave instructions which I followed. Then to get Jedit 4.3pre16 or later. I downloaded 4.3pre17 It took me hours to finally get Java installed, I think. When I give this command in terminal: update-alternatives --config java I get a listing which shows three java files. The Plus (+) symbol is on jre1.6.0_16 and when I give this command in terminal: java -version it also lists jre1.6.0_16 This is what's it's supposed to be for Lilypondtool. Then I installed Jedit4.3pre17install.

But, when I try to run Jedit from terminal, I get the following: Invalid initial heap size: -XmsM Could not create the Java virtual machine. Anyone using Jedit in Fedora who can help me with this ?

RL
User login
Browse archives
« August 2009 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   97301