jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
multiple file search
Submitted by tig12 on Friday, 12 September, 2008 - 05:39
Hello,
when I perform a multiple file search, I want to get rid of subversion files in the results.
I want to tell :
Don't search in files that end with :
.svn-base
nor in files that are named :
entries
In the "filter" field, I can enter
{!*.svn-base}
or
{!entries}
it works. But how can I specify both using a glob pattern ?
I tried several things, like {!*.svn-base}{!entries}

An other way could be "don't select files that contain .svn in their path", but the filter field permits to filter file names, not directory

Any ideas ??

Thank you, Thierry
Using the Scheme plugin
Submitted by kiselblat on Sunday, 14 September, 2008 - 20:17
I was wondering about how the Scheme plugin works with the console. I'd like to set the Scheme interpreter setting so that I can use the console roughly the same way it works in, say, Dr. Scheme or Emacs Inferior Scheme. Is there any way to do this in jEdit?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom
Rails - Extract Partial (Extract_Partial.bsh v0.1 by Alexandre da Silva)
Submitted by simpsomboy on Monday, 15 September, 2008 - 13:26
Extract selected region from current buffer as a partial, ask for a name and create a new buffer with _(given_name).(current_extension), then insert a <%= render :partial => 'given_name' %> My shortcut: CS + p Example: you are working in a file index.html.erb, select some region and activate extract partial macro. it will ask you for a name to partial, you inform "list_item", then, a new buffer will be created with name "_list_item.html.erb" with the content of selection, than the selection will be replaced by the command "<%= render :partial => 'list_item' %>". enjoy.
How to invoke external interpreter?
Submitted by tlp on Monday, 15 September, 2008 - 19:33
I am trying to use the console-plugin to invoke my sml-interpreter, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

I go to the console plug-in settings, chose 'Compile & Run' pane and then I scroll down to the 'ml' dropdown lists. But in the dropdowns I cannot choose my interpreter, only the 'preinstalled' ones (ant, diff, hugs, java, javac...).

I'd appreciate a hint in the right direction.

Regards,
Trolle
cannot download new plugins
Submitted by martinsarsini on Thursday, 18 September, 2008 - 12:31
ohi, what are all these errors in the forum?

so I am trying to download a plugin, I can see all the list of plugins, but if trying to install one I am getting an error "error while downloading the plugin, please try another mirror. Connection timed out: connect"

I tried all mirrors but I get the same error. I tried deactiveting my windows firewall.
I tried on my computer at work where I am sure no settings have changed. I have tried at my home computer where I have done a brand new installation.

What can it be?
jEdit 4.3pre15 fails to start on Mac after Java 1.5.0.16 update
Submitted by Seron on Wednesday, 24 September, 2008 - 23:20
I get these error messages. Don't know if they are related to the problem.

01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: Error while starting plugin macos.MacOSPlugin
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at macos.MacOSPlugin.start(Unknown Source)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.startPlugin(PluginJAR.java:1363)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePlugin(PluginJAR.java:739)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePluginIfNecessary(PluginJAR.java:809)
01:08:34 [main] [error] PluginJAR: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:462)
01:08:34 [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: /Applications/jEdit.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jars/MacOS.jar:
01:08:34 [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/apple/cocoa/application/NSMenu
01:08:34 [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.
Syntax highlighting problem with Rails 2 erb files
Submitted by mamboze on Sunday, 28 September, 2008 - 00:44
Hi,
I'm using Rails 2 on jEdit and the syntax highlighing for the .erb files is not working consistently across the various code elements. In fact, it looks pretty weird and is very distracting. The other Rails files are OK. The Ruby plugin is installed. Since the .erb files contain html tags and generate html code for display, maybe html style highlighting would be OK. I suppose this would be a config file issue but I don't know what commands need to be used.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Rails erb file indenting OK, highlighting not.
Submitted by mamboze on Sunday, 28 September, 2008 - 06:14
Hi, I posted earlier today but my post has not appeared on the forum. I'm not sure what happened but anyhow, this is the issue - I'm using Rails 2 and I cannot get consistent syntax highlighting with .erb files. After a previous post on this, http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/3876 I added the following: to /usr/share/jedit/modes/catalog This fixed the syntax indenting but had no effect on the highlighting. Any help would be much appreciatated cheers Roy
cannot start jEdit in Eclipse
Submitted by jtestori on Tuesday, 30 September, 2008 - 08:28
hi! i'm trying to compile and run jEdit 4.3pre15 with Eclipse 3.3. i've tried with java 1.5 and 1.6. i always get the following exception: 10:26:41 [main] [warning] IOUtilities: Error moving file: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\tej\.jedit\activity.log (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden) : C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\tej\.jedit\activity.log (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden) 10:26:41 [main] [warning] jEdit: jedit.jar not in class path! 10:26:41 [main] [warning] jEdit: Assuming jEdit is installed in C:\ta33\Workspaces\VAEB\ZZZ_JEDIT. 10:26:41 [main] [warning] jEdit: Override with jedit.home system property. 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: A class required by class: org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.statusbar could not be loaded: 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gjt/sp/jedit/gui/statusbar (wrong name: org/gjt/sp/jedit/gui/StatusBar) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshClassManager.noClassDefFound(BshClassManager.java:567) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshClassManager.plainClassForName(BshClassManager.java:244) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.classpath.BshClassLoader.findClass(BshClassLoader.java:177) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.classpath.BshClassLoader.loadClass(BshClassLoader.java:110) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.classpath.ClassManagerImpl.classForName(ClassManagerImpl.java:195) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.NameSpace.classForName(NameSpace.java:1318) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.NameSpace.getClassImpl(NameSpace.java:1218) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.NameSpace.getClass(NameSpace.java:1159) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Name.consumeNextObjectField(Name.java:298) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Name.toObject(Name.java:199) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHAmbiguousName.toObject(BSHAmbiguousName.java:60) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:86) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:644) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:738) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:727) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade._eval(BeanShellFacade.java:148) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade.eval(BeanShellFacade.java:113) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:387) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager$Descriptor.getInstance(ServiceManager.java:297) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager.getService(ServiceManager.java:238) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.StatusBar._getWidget(StatusBar.java:444) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.StatusBar.(StatusBar.java:86) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.View.(View.java:1230) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newView(jEdit.java:2257) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newView(jEdit.java:2235) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.newView(jEdit.java:2211) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$6.run(jEdit.java:3654) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) 10:26:41 [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] BeanShellFacade: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) regards, hannes
Cursor positioning problems on Mac OS X
Submitted by terrencebarr on Thursday, 9 October, 2008 - 09:10
jEdit 4.2 and OS X 10.4 worked fine for me for over a year. A couple of weeks ago I switched to OS X 10.5 and a bit later to jEdit 4.3pre13. In the meantime I also updated to Java 6. Since some point (not sure what caused it) I now have trouble with the cursor positioning in jEdit.

Initially, after opening a file in jEdit I can move the cursor and insert and delete text as expected. But within a couple of seconds the cursor position is off - meaning when I insert or delete text it actually occurs one or two characters *to the right* of the cursor position, not directly left of the cursor. This behavior continues until I close the file and reopen it, upon it will work correctly for a few seconds, then misbehave again.

Strange thing is that switching between jEdit 4.2 and 4.3pre15 doesn't help - the problem now appears in both versions. Also, switching between Java 5 and Java 6 doesn't help, either (Info.plist). So right now I can't find any way to fix the cursor behavior - which is driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-- Terrence
jedit pre10 stopped wotking?
Submitted by brendanjeffrey on Thursday, 9 October, 2008 - 18:36
I have been using jeditpre10 for about a year now, within last 2 days it has stopped working all together. Using a Mac, OSX intel. Upon trying to open document the icon bounces once in mac dock then disapears, failing to open application. I tried repairing my permissions in disk utility for Mac, this is the extent of my knowledge however. Has anyone experienced this problem? Please help.

Thanks
Creating EXE for file association
Submitted by proee on Friday, 10 October, 2008 - 22:19
Hello,

My computer need a cold reinstall of windows yesterday so I've been downloading all my favorite programs again. I've installed the latest version of jEdit but don't see an exe to associate files with windows. I read this died back in version 4.2

Bottom line, I have some programs that rely on passing their file to the exe so I can open it in jedit.

The biggest emergency I have it to find a way to associate this firefox plugin https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125 to jedit. It's used to edit html textboxes with your favorite editor.

Any help here is very much apprehiated.....
jEdit as a translation editor
Submitted by forkinpm on Saturday, 11 October, 2008 - 10:19
Hallo!
I am not a programmer but a writer, who writes in English and translates into German.
I am preparing a piece of documentation describing the use of jEdit as a carrier for a translation tool.
Initially it will be from an English source into German as a single target.
French, Italian and Spanish should be added as future target languages.
The jEdit editor has, I feel certainly the functionality, with its set of plugins to make a very useful translation base.
To whom can I address this request and introduce the dialog?
To whom can I send the document when it is ready?
An inital version, as a simple text document, will be ready by mid next week.
A version, as a HTML document, will be ready at worst two weeks later.
I could provide the necessary user and marketing documentation.
I hope that there is interest in such a project.
Regards, forkinpm.
Using split screen for two separate files
Submitted by forkinpm on Saturday, 11 October, 2008 - 10:24
Hallo!
I am new to your great editor and would like to be able to use the editor split pane capability to open one file and create a second from a translatiion of the first.
Is this possible?
I hope so, but I can see how to?
I would also like to be able to use jEdit in a reduced size window, but cannot seem to see how to.
Please help me.
Thank you and regards, forkinpm.
Using JEdit on UNIX system (Solaris P)
Submitted by rlanier on Tuesday, 14 October, 2008 - 15:40
I've used jedit for a while now, and I've noticed something peculiar: if I start instance #2 of jedit, the files that are open in instance #1 show up in instance #2 window, and vice versa. For example, if I start jedit like this:

jedit file1.txt (terminal window #1)
jedit file2.txt (terminal window #2)

I will get two instances of jedit running, but I will see both file1.txt and file2.txt in BOTH instances of jedit!

Why is this and how can I prevent this happening?
ExtJS support
Submitted by mirws on Wednesday, 15 October, 2008 - 00:36
Heyy..
I'm sure that ExtJS support would be great plugin...
I'll wait for the response Smiling
Wait for buffer reload
Submitted by takeshin on Friday, 17 October, 2008 - 11:06
When i run:
buffer.reload(view);
buffer.save(view, null); // or other I/O

I get: I/O Error
Each buffer can execute only one I/O operation at one time.

How to wait until buffer reloads?
I can't modify textArea until it completes to reload.

I suppose I have to use BufferAdapter and bufferLoaded method. But how to do it?

--
regards,
takeshin
Why no clean urls?
Submitted by RProgrammer on Wednesday, 22 October, 2008 - 02:14
I'm just curious, why doesn't this site use Drupal 'Clean URLs'?

http://drupal.org/node/15365
How to clear only invalid entries in Recent Files
Submitted by tvojeho on Wednesday, 22 October, 2008 - 18:26
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way for a macro to go through the items in Recent files list and delete invalid entries, leaving the rest. My Java know-how is not very extensive, and after some googling and searching the default macros code, I have put together a few lines of code which luckily do not throw an exception, but unfortunately do not apply the desired changes to Recent Files menu.

I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers, tvojeho.

BufferHistory.Entry[] recentBuffersArray = BufferHistory.getHistory().toArray(new BufferHistory.Entry[0]); // get history

for(i=0;i {

recentPath = recentBuffersArray[i].path;

if( ! new File(recentPath).exists())

{

BufferHistory.Entry removeEntry(recentPath);

}

}

return;

shortcut: toggle fold
Submitted by homeathouse on Thursday, 23 October, 2008 - 13:20
i am looking for a "toggle fold" shortcut setting--a shortcut to do the same thing as clicking the fold markers in the margin (left of the line numbers).

http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/3446

thanks
User login
Browse archives
« September 2008 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348