jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
JPyDebug Problems
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 14 October, 2004 - 03:55
I've installed the JPyDebug plugin, but can not get it to work. I have set the Python interreter to be my version of Python that's installed (2.3), and the jpy daemon script that is in my home directory. I get the fallowing error when I start the debugger.

C:\Python23\python.exe: can't open file 'C:\Documents'

Debug session Abort =2

Also sometime it says localhost instead of 'C:\Documents', and down at the very bottom of the debugger window I get this message.

ERROR :: python jpydebugger launcher ABORTED

Anyone have any ideas why this is not working? I even tried installing the jython plugin, but that did not seem to help either. Do I need jython installed to get the python debugger to work? Also below is some output from the Jedit acitvity log. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

[notice] jEdit: Loading edit mode C:\Program Files\jEdit\modes\text.xml
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: Entering bufferUpdate
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler exited
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: buffer loaded :Untitled-1 mode = text
[notice] jEdit: Loading edit mode C:\Program Files\jEdit\modes\python.xml
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] jEdit: Loading services from jeditresource:/JPyDebug.jar!/services.xml
[debug] EditPlugin$JAR: Opening C:\Documents and Settings\jason\.jedit\jars\xmlParserAPIs.jar
[debug] EditPlugin$JAR: Opening C:\Documents and Settings\jason\.jedit\jars\xercesImpl.jar
[debug] JPYPythonParser: python: activated for excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: buffer loaded :excel2html.py mode = python
[debug] EditBus: SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] WorkThread: Work request thread starting [SideKick #1]
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=6,run=sidekick.SideKick$ParseRequest@1a4181c]
[debug] JPYPythonParser: entering parser
[notice] Thread-4: C:\Python23\python.exe: can't open file 'C:\Documents'
[debug] EditBus: ErrorSourceUpdate[source=null,what=ERROR_SOURCE_ADDED,errorSource=errorlist.DefaultErrorSource[SideKick],error=null]
[debug] DockableWindowManager: Loading dockables from jeditresource:/ErrorList.jar!/dockables.xml
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:ErrorSourceUpdate[source=null,what=ERROR_SOURCE_ADDED,errorSource=errorlist.DefaultErrorSource[SideKick],error=null]
[debug] EditBus: SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] ActionSet: Loading actions from jeditresource:/Background.jar!/actions.xml
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
JPyDebug Problems
by Anonymous on Sat, 12/03/2005 - 05:21
Hi,

I had the same problem. In my case it was because I was following the Help file and it shows incorrect settings for the plugin. The correct settings in my case were the following

Python interpreter location: c:\python24\python.exe
jpydaemon script path location: C:\Program Files\jEdit 4.3pre1\jars\JPyDebug\python\jpydaemon.py

Hope this works for you Smiling

Jeff
User login
Browse archives
« September 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   96500