jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Jane usage?
Submitted by aabbaabb on Monday, 9 February, 2004 - 07:29
This might be a bug but I will first try to use this forum.

I have tried everything but I can't get Jane working. I have set Jane to generate both errors.

I have added my project as Jane library (project's build folder).
But it can't see everything I want from my project files. Still I can see some classes from my project.

I have private variable clled myVariable. I use this variable e.g. in constructor but Jane gives me a warning: Cannot resolve symbol: myVariable

I have class where is static methods (MyClass). I am using those methods from my class and Janse warns: Cannot resolve symbol: MyClass

I have private method (method()) what I am using (at least in constructor) and Jane warns: Cannot resolve symbol: method

I am using newest Jane, newest jEdit devel (pre9) and J2SE build 1.4.2_01-b06

Can someone help me to get Jane working
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
Jane usage
by takahe on Tue, 16/03/2004 - 16:32
fwiw, I had very similar experience with Jane. I wanted to use CodeAid but gave up after trying everything I could think of in the time available to get Jane to stop moaning Sticking out tongue.

Jane kept complaining about the Color class (the standard one in java.awt, and a couple of others besides). I looked at the activity log and there were a few errors in there, so I think in fact something else was causing it problems, and it then just decided to whinge about something completely different.

The trouble is, if it is a known bug, I'm surprised there's not more mention of it anywhere, so perhaps it is just something that our environments have in common and everybody else is fine... Eye-wink

I have now removed Jane and use DotComplete instead. I'd be interested to hear if anybody has actually got Jane working without problems. If they have, I might spend some time investigating further, but in the meantime, I think I'm better off ignoring it.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348