jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
FTP plugin problem
Submitted by sss4r on Monday, 30 August, 2004 - 18:31
Hello,

I've been attempting to get support on this problem for months, so I am respectfully requesting that anyone who knows anything about this issue to please respond.

I have been unable to get the FTP plugin to work properly (I've tried on 3 different machines) since 4.2pre9. As the plugin is critical to my workflow, I have stayed with 4.1final; however, now that 4.2final is out, I would really like to start using it (in fact, I need to because there are newer plugins I need to start using that require it).

Having said all that, here's my dilemma:

I start with a fresh installation of 4.2final. I install the FTP plugin, version 0.7.2. When I attempt to open from a secure server, I click "yes" or "always" to the remote host authentication dialogue. Immediately I get the following I/O error:

Cannot list directory: com.sshtools.j2ssh.transport.MessageStoreEOFException: The message store has reached EOF

I have tried reinstalling dozens of times. Like I said, I've tried on three different machines. I've also tried with two different servers. Never had a problem until 4.2 hit pre9 or so. Opening a non-secure connection works fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? Does the author know about it? Can you duplicate it? Is there a fix in the pipeline? I'm desperate to get an answer (and a fix!) as I would really like to continue using jEdit.

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time to read this and for your help.

Thanks,
Shannon
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
Client:
by Ryan_Nanney on Mon, 30/10/2006 - 22:16
Client:
Windows XP
JEdit 4.2 with .72 ftp plugin
JEdit 4.3.7 with .80 ftp plugin

Gentoo:
2.6.? Kernel
OpenSSH_4.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7i

I have been having the same problem not being able to SFTP into my gentoo box remotely. I tried every config option I could think of in sshd_config with no luck. Ultimately, I found that I was able to login as with the root account.

This leads me to guess there is some sort of permissions problem. Alas, at least you may have some sort of solution!

Regards,

Ryan

Server: Gentoo Server

werwer
by vcd163vcd1631 on Sat, 16/09/2006 - 11:15
香水有毒
求佛
秋天不回来
不怕不怕
千里之外
香水有毒
求佛
秋天不回来
不怕不怕
千里之外
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
求佛
香飘飘
我们都是好孩子
不怕不怕
不要再来伤害我
天下无双
狼爱上羊
老公老公我爱你
寻找李慧珍
god is a girl
大城小爱
舞娘
老婆老婆我爱你
曹操
qq爱
约定
那一夜
隐形的翅膀
光芒
飞行部落
真爱
冰菊舞
死了都要爱
一万个理由
反转地球
my love
好姑娘
爱我别走
我不后悔
飞舞
yesterday once more
王子变青蛙
We will rock you
不得不爱
夜曲
发如雪
爸爸妈妈
爱我就别伤害我
我很想爱他
桃花朵朵开
神话
笔记
吉祥三宝
不想长大
暧昧
迷魂计
花田错
香水有毒
秋天不回来
香飘飘
你是我的玫瑰花
求佛
千里之外
狼爱上羊
天下无双
上海滩
寻找李慧珍
不怕不怕
健康快乐动起来
号码
我们都是好孩子
对不起我的最爱
老婆老婆我爱你
爱上你这样的女人
qq爱
大城小爱
认真的雪
隐形的翅膀
光芒
god is a girl
舞娘
好姑娘
吹眼睛
真爱
老公老公我爱你
死了都要爱
太美丽
曹操
那一夜
my love
一万个理由
反转地球
今天你要嫁给我
yesterday once more
爸爸妈妈
发光体
爱我别走
夜曲
我很想爱他
We will rock you
神话
不得不爱
发如雪
为什么相爱的人不能在一起
蝴蝶
王子变青蛙
雨夜
香水有毒
秋天不回来
香飘飘
你是我的玫瑰花
求佛
千里之外
狼爱上羊
天下无双
上海滩
寻找李慧珍
不怕不怕
健康快乐动起来
号码
我们都是好孩子
对不起我的最爱
老婆老婆我爱你
爱上你这样的女人
qq爱
大城小爱
认真的雪
隐形的翅膀
光芒
god is a girl
舞娘
好姑娘
吹眼睛
真爱
老公老公我爱你
死了都要爱
太美丽
曹操
那一夜
my love
一万个理由
反转地球
今天你要嫁给我
yesterday once more
爸爸妈妈
发光体
爱我别走
夜曲
我很想爱他
We will rock you
神话
不得不爱
发如雪
为什么相爱的人不能在一起
蝴蝶
王子变青蛙
雨夜
一万个理由
狼爱上羊
那一夜
不要再来伤害我
大城小爱
寂寞沙洲冷
完美世界
爸爸妈妈
生日礼物
功夫
情人
不得不爱
发如雪
一眼万年
希望
第一次爱的人
夜曲
一万个理由
狼爱上羊
那一夜
不要再来伤害我
大城小爱
寂寞沙洲冷
完美世界
爸爸妈妈
生日礼物
功夫
情人
不得不爱
发如雪
一眼万年
希望
第一次爱的人
夜曲
香水有毒
秋天不回来
香飘飘
你是我的玫瑰花
求佛
千里之外
狼爱上羊
天下无双
上海滩
寻找李慧珍
不怕不怕
健康快乐动起来
号码
我们都是好孩子
对不起我的最爱
老婆老婆我爱你
爱上你这样的女人
qq爱
大城小爱
认真的雪
隐形的翅膀
光芒
god is a girl
舞娘
好姑娘
吹眼睛
真爱
老公老公我爱你
死了都要爱
太美丽
曹操
那一夜
my love
一万个理由
反转地球
今天你要嫁给我
yesterday once more
爸爸妈妈
发光体
爱我别走
夜曲
我很想爱他
We will rock you
神话
不得不爱
发如雪
为什么相爱的人不能在一起
蝴蝶
王子变青蛙
雨夜
I have a similar problem
by Anonymous on Sun, 09/01/2005 - 21:39
I'm using jEdit 4.2 on java 1.5 (on windows), and I cannot connect to a unix sftp server: Cannot list directory: com.sshtools.j2ssh.SshException: Authentication has not been completed!
(this works with other sftp clients, also with blowfish)

SSH Version sshd config file
by Anonymous on Sun, 30/01/2005 - 16:17
Everyone, I've been having the same issues and I agree with the post about the SSH versions causing the problem. I run several linux servers at work and found one that I don't have the issue with. After doing a diff on the sshd config files between the two I found a pattern.

----- NEW (BROKEN) CONFIG -----
# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
PasswordAuthentication no
#PermitEmptyPasswords yes
--------------------------------------------

---- OLD (WORKING) CONFIG -----
# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
#PasswordAuthentication yes
#PermitEmptyPasswords yes
--------------------------------------------

By changing "PasswordAuthentication" to be commented out, that allows jedit to sftp in. Seems that this only affects jedit. This has worked for me with RedHat, SuSe, and Gentoo servers that upgraded. I'm no security expert so I don't know what implications this really has.

Re: SSH Version sshd config file
by Anonymous on Tue, 08/02/2005 - 17:18
That config change did the trick with my machines too. (I left the previous message concerning the SSH versions) Thanks!

downgrading OpenSSH solved the problem
by Anonymous on Sun, 30/01/2005 - 00:25
I was having exactly the same issue trying to get jEdit 4.2 sftping to one of my Gentoo Linux boxes, even though I'm able to connect to a different Gentoo machine without a problem.

I found that the "good" gentoo server is running OpenSSH 3.8.1, but the problematic machine is on version 3.9. After downgrading back to 3.8.1, I'm not able to connect without a problem.

So, it seems there's some issue between the ftp 0.7.2 plug-in and OpenSSH 3.9.

I'm having this same problem
by Anonymous on Mon, 17/01/2005 - 15:03
I to get the same I/O error message, "Cannot list directory: com.sshtools.j2ssh.SshException: Authentication has not been completed", when trying to connect to my sftp unix server. I'm using WinXP, JRE 1.5 update 1, jEdit 4.2final, FTP plugin 0.7.2, Jakarta commons 0.4.3; no other plugins are install except the one or two that comes with jEdit.

I can connect just fine using PuTTY and FileZilla.

Follow Up: I'm having this same problem
by Anonymous on Tue, 18/01/2005 - 14:44
I recieve the I/O error mesg when connecting to my local server; however, I can connect successfully, via sftp, to my remote web host using the FTP plugin. This, at least for me, narrows the problem down quite a bit (I think). Hopefully, its just a sshd config issue -- though starting sshd with debug has yet to provide anything useful. ):

I'll keep trying.

Similar problem here as well.
by Anonymous on Mon, 10/01/2005 - 10:45
Ditto, same here! The weird thing is that the plugin worked just fine when I left work last friday (January 7th), but now on monday (January 10th) the plugin throws the aforementioned exception. No changes to jEdit configuration were made. The funny thing is, in one of the three servers I tried, it still works. I'll have to check the sshd settings on the servers, but I don't know what to look for...

jEdit 4.2 final, Java 1.4.2, WinXP. Gentoo Linux servers running OpenSSH. SSH connections with other programs work just fine.
I tried some minute ago, usin
by cvicari on Tue, 31/08/2004 - 14:48
I tried some minute ago, using open from secure server, jedit4.2final, ftp plugin version 0.7.2, java 1.4.2. It worked successfully, perhaps you have to check your jvm version?

To help with troubleshooting,
by sss4r on Tue, 31/08/2004 - 21:04
To help with troubleshooting, I asked a colleague to install jEdit 4.2 on his system and the 0.7.2 FTP plugin, and he was able to duplicate the problem.

We're trying to connect to a Solaris server. Again, I was once able to connect to this server until I upgraded from .5 to .7.

The SSH daemon is SSH Secure Shell 3.1.2 (non-commercial version) on sparc-sun-solaris2.6.

and YES, I am able to make a connection outside of jEdit using SecureFX and other ssh clients.

--
Programmer/Analyst
University of Virginia

Thanks for your reply. To pr
by sss4r on Tue, 31/08/2004 - 19:55
Thanks for your reply. To provide more information:
I'm trying to connect to a Solaris server from Win XP with JRE 1.4.2_03 installed. I've tried on 3 different computers connecting to 2 different servers. That's why I'm completely surprised you can't duplicate it or that no one else has reported this. Again, I never had issues until the latest 4.2 previews. As soon as I ran into this problem (I think around the time of 4.2pre10), I posted to the forums, and one person replied saying he was having the same problem.
--
Programmer/Analyst
University of Virginia

did't work for me
by Anonymous on Tue, 31/08/2004 - 18:13
did't work for me, I could't connect.

I am using the jedit4.2final ftp plugin v 0.7.2 and java 1.4.2_4 & Windows XP Pro. I am trying to connect to Linux OS running OpenSSH demon.

could some one please help us. !!!

-yogesh

Remove plugins
by ibuday on Tue, 30/11/2004 - 18:17
Hi:

Start by removing all plugins and re-installing them one-by-one. Eventually one of them might break the ftp plugin - or not.

ftp 0.7.2 on jedit2.2final worked for me
by Anonymous on Tue, 31/08/2004 - 19:06
ftp 0.7.2 on jedit4.2final using Java version 1.4.2_03 on XP Pro works for me. I connected to a linux box running OpenSSH SSH daemon.

Can you connect properly outside of jedit?

ACTIVITY LOG
by Anonymous on Tue, 31/08/2004 - 18:20
ACTIVITY LOG

[error] Transport protocol 8: 73276123 [Transport protocol 8] INFO transport.TransportProtocolCommon  - Completing key exchange
[error] Transport protocol 8: 73276169 [Transport protocol 8] INFO cipher.SshCipherFactory  - Creating new blowfish-cbc cipher instance
[error] Transport protocol 8: 73276201 [Transport protocol 8] INFO cipher.SshCipherFactory  - Creating new blowfish-cbc cipher instance
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276482 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO connection.ConnectionProtocol  - Registering connection protocol messages
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276529 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO transport.Service  - ssh-connection has been requested
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276529 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO transport.Service  - Starting ssh-connection service thread
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276638 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO connection.ConnectionProtocol  - Channel 0 is open [session]
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276810 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO connection.ConnectionProtocol  - Channel 1 is open [sftp]
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276841 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO sftp.SftpSubsystemClient  - Initializing SFTP protocol version 3
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73276888 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO subsystem.SubsystemChannel  - Starting sftp subsystem
[error] jEdit I/O #2: 73278826 [jEdit I/O #2] INFO sftp.SftpSubsystemClient  - Server responded with version 3
[error] ssh-connection 7: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [Lcom/sshtools/j2ssh/sftp/SftpFile;
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:278)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at com.sshtools.j2ssh.subsystem.SubsystemMessageStore.addMessage(Unknown Source)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at com.sshtools.j2ssh.subsystem.SubsystemChannel.onChannelData(Unknown Source)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at com.sshtools.j2ssh.connection.Channel.processChannelData(Unknown Source)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at com.sshtools.j2ssh.connection.ConnectionProtocol.onMsgChannelData(Unknown Source)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at com.sshtools.j2ssh.connection.ConnectionProtocol.onMessageReceived(Unknown Source)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at com.sshtools.j2ssh.transport.AsyncService.run(Unknown Source)
[error] ssh-connection 7:  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348