jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Redesign of this community web?
Submitted by ruanjiaxing on Tuesday, 2 June, 2020 - 18:26
First, I'm not related to the maintainer of this website. I'm an user just like all of you. What I wrote here is just my own proposal.

It seemed this site is written using Drupal and hosted on sourceforge, doesn't it?

I liked it because of it simplicity but I have to point out the fact that it looked not modern at all. Being a product written from scratch by customizing a CMS like Drupal so it's nothing surprise that it can't counter spam!

Being afraid of spam this site is closed from registering new account and if someone want to have an account he has to pm the site maintainer. This inconvenient is one of the reason why this community is too inactive.

I proposed to close this community website completely and just keep it in archive form for people could read old content. We should design a new community website. The first part I think is simplifying the appearance. The fact is this site packed too much features that make it confused to use. I think a forum is enough to replace everything there. Another site for user project could be great, if you found a forum is too limited in this regards. But I have seen FreeBASIC forum users shared there project and code snippets without any problem so I think a forum is enough for all of this.

And we don't need to go through all of the trouble coding, hosting our forum. There are many free online services do this for us.

https://www.g2.com/products/proboards/competitors/alternatives

I'm familiar with proboards, but you could choose any platform you liked. They are professional forums so there are already tool to counter spam or at least easier to ban and delete of spam posts than what currently on this forum.

If you agreed with me, please vote for this proposal. If you are the site maintainer, please consider this proposal. We all know JEdit is an awesome editor but the fact it has too few users so we need to do something for it. I can only help with this proposal. Because I believe an active community is a must for the success of a project.

Sincere,

JiaXing.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348