jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Any idea about TextAutocomplete plugin for 4.3pre12 & 4.3pre13?
Submitted by Lemon Juice on Saturday, 15 March, 2008 - 19:18
Does anyone know what is the status of the TextAutocomplete plugin that stopped working in 4.3pre12? I was able to find some activity in the tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1891898&group_id=588&atid=625093
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1865039&group_id=588&atid=997937

But I can see that in 4.3pre13 I still can't use the plugin. When can the updated version be expected? I really miss this plugin and would be even willing to help but unfortunately I program in PHP not java.

I also see that few people visit this forum - what is the best way to let the developers know/remind about certain issues? I thought about creating a new bug report but didn't want to clutter the tracker with another similar report.
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
Problem solved - today I noti
by Lemon Juice on Mon, 17/03/2008 - 13:18
Problem solved - today I noticed an official TextAutocomplete realease version 0.9.5 which works with >=4.3pre12! Thanks for help anyway.

BTW, I discovered today another great completion plugin, CamelComplete http://www.nabble.com/CamelComplete-Usable-Now-td16058387.html. Very simple to use, I just replaced the build-in completion (C+b) with Camel Complete and now I write for example SPLP, press C+b and StaticPageLangPeer appears! Or pt - and page_title appears. I suppose this can be quite efficient, too.
I wouldn't say "few", but it'
by elberry on Sun, 16/03/2008 - 08:39
I wouldn't say "few", but it's definitely not as active as the mailing lists.

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jedit-users

I'd recommend bringing up your issue there.

What exactly is the issue you're having?

Are you getting an exception? If so, you should include the exception from the activity log in your post.

Also, I know that a bunch of plugins require the GNU regex packages, it's possible that TextAutocomplete is one of them.

If so, try installing the GNURegex plugin to see if that helps.

Hope that helps, good luck, I too use the TextAutocomplete plugin (a lot), but I haven't upgraded to pre13 yet.

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.

Ok, thanks, I'll try the mail
by Lemon Juice on Sun, 16/03/2008 - 11:53
Ok, thanks, I'll try the mailing lists if I get no answer here.

The problem I experience has been already described here http://www.nabble.com/TextAutocomplete-0.9.4-error-in-4.3pre12-td14245388.html

I assume you are using pre11 or earlier? Something has changed in the jedit core that prevents TextAutocomplete from working, a new plugin release is necessary - that's what I learned. I would prefer not to downgrade because there are some nice improvements in new versions (for example I noticed that large projects don't delay jedit startup time so much as they did in 4.3pre11). I already have the GNURegex plugin.

Ah.. I'm on pre12 actually, b
by elberry on Sun, 16/03/2008 - 19:55
Ah.. I'm on pre12 actually, but I hadn't noticed that TextAutocomplete wasn't working. Smiling

Looks like it's complaining about missing beanshell packages.

There was a change in the way beanshell was packaged with jEdit after pre12. They moved it into a jEdit specific package because the beanshell implementation had some changes specifically for jEdit.

If you download beanshell yourself, and put the beanshell jar in your jars directory this should fix the issue.

Hope that helps.

Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.

Problem solved - today I noti
by Lemon Juice on Mon, 17/03/2008 - 13:24
Problem solved - today I noticed an official TextAutocomplete realease version 0.9.5 which works with >=4.3pre12! Thanks for help anyway.

BTW, I discovered today another great completion plugin, CamelComplete http://www.nabble.com/CamelComplete-Usable-Now-td16058387.html. Very simple to use, I just replaced the build-in completion (C+b) with Camel Complete and now I write for example SPLP, press C+b and StaticPageLangPeer appears! I suppose this can be quite efficient, too.

Thanks for the tip - I assume
by Lemon Juice on Sun, 16/03/2008 - 23:06
Thanks for the tip - I assume there is some hope for me to have a temporary fix! However, I was not able to successfully implement your instructions, here is what I did: I downloaded bsh-2.0b4.jar from http://www.beanshell.org/download.html and saved it under \Program Files\jEdit\jars. I restarted jedit but nothing changed. Did you manage to run TextAutocomplete on your pre12? The symptoms are empty TextAutocomplete plugin settings fields and no way to save them plus the following error when trying to start the plugin:
  • java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.getNameSpace()Lbsh/NameSpace; at net.jakubholy.jedit.autocomplete.PreferencesManager.(Unknown Source) at net.jakubholy.jedit.autocomplete.PreferencesManager.getPreferencesManager(Unknown Source) at net.jakubholy.jedit.autocomplete.AutoComplete.(Unknown Source) at net.jakubholy.jedit.autocomplete.AutoComplete.CreateAutoCompleteAction(Unknown Source) at net.jakubholy.jedit.autocomplete.AutoComplete.attachAction(Unknown Source) at net.jakubholy.jedit.autocomplete.AutoComplete.attachToAllBuffersAction(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Reflect.java:134) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:98) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:871) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:75) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:362) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:258) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:186) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellFacade.runCachedBlock(BeanShellFacade.java:224) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:443) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:383) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:3000) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2984) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:220) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348