jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Moving rectangual selection of text with jedit?
Submitted by oleg on Friday, 5 March, 2010 - 17:00
Hi all!
I started using jedit a few weeks ago and I have couple of questions:

1) After making rectangular selection of text, how can I move text block left, right up or down. This feature would be very useful to change indentation of the code section

2) Can I force hypersearch to highlight the words it found within the buffers ?

3) Whenever I use multiple vncviews, jedit will only start in the vncview that I started first. Whenever I try to execute jedit in the other view, new jedit window pops up in the first vncview.

4) How can I make hypersearch bar to search within multiple buffers. Hypersearch bar searches only within current buffer, I need to pop the dialog to search multiple buffer. Having another check box next to the bar that switches between current buffer and multiple buffers would be very nice.

5) Hypersearch bar keeps the search history. It keeps 20 past searches. Does the tool allow to increase the size of this history buffer?
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
1) I'm not aware of such a fe
by Robert Schwenn on Fri, 05/03/2010 - 18:30
1) I'm not aware of such a feature, but I never missed it Eye-wink. When there is a rectangular selection (which width can be null characters) and You type some spaces, these are inserted before the selection. In this way You can change the indentation.

2) Hypersearch itself cannot highlight anything. But You can use the Highlight plugin. Invoke "Plugins -> Highlight -> Highlight last search".

3) I know VNC under Windows, but can't imagine what multiple VNC views are for. Have You more than one VNC connection to one single remote PC?
I suspect that this is an issue related to the jEdit server: When You use a default way to start jEdit and a running instance of "jEdit server" is found, this is used. Depending on the applied command a new jEdit View is opened or not (see http://www.jedit.org/users-guide/cli-usage.html#id2496905 ).

4) For Search in multiple files You need to set several options. They would never fit in the search bar.

5) Utilities -> Global Options -> Appearance -> History text field entries to remember

Robert
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348