jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Does the XSL transform engine support version 2 of XSL?
Submitted by mxc on Saturday, 7 August, 2004 - 20:02
Hi all, Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum to ask this quesiton. I am learning xsl and using jedit. When I run the transformation on a file I get an error when trying to use a user defined function saying that it "cannot find a variable with name of string". I have specified the said variable as a parameter of the user defined function and then try and reference it later in the funciton. eg.
 < xsl:function name="cc:lastSubString">
   < xsl:param name="string" / >
   < xsl:param name="char" / >
   < xsl:choose>
      < xsl:when test="contains($string, $char)" >
Is this because the JEdit XSLT plugin doesn't support version 2 of the xsl specification oir is my xsl wrong thanks
Text indenting
Submitted by suguru on Friday, 6 August, 2004 - 23:26
This may not be what jEdit is designed for, but I'm trying to use it to write documentation and can't get it to format a paragraph normally. For example, if I put a tab at the start of a paragraph and set soft wrap to on, the second (wrapped) line will be indented by the tab's width just like the first line. In a normal text paragraph in a document (or a book) that wouldn't happen, the first line would be indented by a tab, and the second line would not be indented and would be flush with the left side of the screen.

Is there a way to do this in jEdit? I got soft wrap to work, but no matter what options I select I can't keep all the subsequent wrapped lines of a paragraph from being indented.
jEdit - Jext relationship
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 6 August, 2004 - 18:49
Can someone explain me what is the relationship between jEdit and Jext - they look very similar.
Where are global options stored?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 5 August, 2004 - 21:12
I would like to be able to save my settings...just in case I have to reinstall jEdit again and I'd rather not have to reconfigure the editor to my liking if I can help it.
Where are the global options stored (directory?) and is it just a file I can copy somewhere else and put back if a reinsstall is done?
Peter
adding add. help files
Submitted by peay on Thursday, 5 August, 2004 - 08:33
Hi there....

is there any chance to add an additional *.hlp or *.chm
file of another application into the help section ....?

would be great if it would be possible... Eye-wink

thanks for hints

peter
compiles JDK 1.5.0 ok, but runs JDK 1.4.1 (why?)
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 4 August, 2004 - 14:57
Hi, I have jEdit configured to use
C:\jdk1.5.0\bin\javac
for compiling, but I see no place where I can tell it to execute with
C:\jdk1.5.0\bin\java
unless I hand type it all out in the console plugin. It seems to default to my /prior/ 1.4.1 jre installation's java.exe
C:\Programs\jdk1.4.1_02\bin\java
How do I set the default to be the correct JVM? Thanks! Thomas
Assigning a syntax to a buffer
Submitted by PaulGGardner on Monday, 2 August, 2004 - 21:30
Is there a way to assign a syntax mode to the current buffer. I get files that have one extension while containing code that uses another. For example, Python, VBScript and JavaScript renamed to txt in order to pass our firewall. I would like to identify the language via a command, or menu or something w/o having to actually change the file extension.

Thanks,
Paul
persistent Line Numbers
Submitted by theWax on Monday, 2 August, 2004 - 10:23
Hi,
i don't want to turn Line Numbers on every time i start jEdit. how can i make them stay?
cheers.
w.
Real block cursor?
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 2 August, 2004 - 10:10
What did you do to the block cursor? It was really a block
like in terminal so it could be easily seen, and now it is
four pixel-wide lines. Not only it might be tiring to find that thing, but the lines interfere with the lines of text while a block was an unobtrusive background. Perhaps an option for a real block cursor? 4.1 segfaults on my system for some reason, both on 1.4.2 and 1.5 beta 2, so I have to look for another editor, or somewhat do 4.1 work again.
Request Help: Switching between open files
Submitted by pobox90210 on Monday, 2 August, 2004 - 02:04
Using the keyboard, how do I switch between open files. I currently have to select the bar just above the text area which brings down a drop down list and select the other program from there. Ideally I would like to set up Ctrl-Tab as a 'swap open files' key
Peter
Request help: Home key goes to column 1
Submitted by pobox90210 on Monday, 2 August, 2004 - 02:00
How do I set the home key up so that when pressed, the cursor goes to column 1. Currently it seems to go to the first non white-space character which could be in column 10!
Peter
Copy or Cut Lines Containing
Submitted by tflight on Sunday, 1 August, 2004 - 17:52
Hello, I'm new to jEdit coming from BBEdit. BBEdit had functions called "Copy Lines Containing..." and "Cut Lines Containing...". I can't find that jEdit has a similar function, does it exist?

For those that are not familiar with those functions here is an example. Take the following text file:

bananas, apples, oranges, grapes
apples, bananas, grapes
oranges, grapes
bananas, oranges, apples, grapes, kiwi

If you choose the "Copy Lines Containing..." function and specify 'bananas' as your query your clipboard will be set with the following

bananas, apples, oranges, grapes
apples, bananas, grapes
bananas, oranges, apples, grapes, kiwi
2 questions - folding and opened files
Submitted by diabl0 on Sunday, 1 August, 2004 - 10:06
I have 2 questions about jEdit.

1: How to configure jEdit that it can fold sourcecode betwen { and } (or other configured chars/strings)... for example code looks like that:

function gen_new_size($old_x, $old_y, $new_x, $new_y) {
$gen_x = $new_x;
$scale = $old_x / $new_x;
$gen_y = intval( round( $old_y / $scale ) );
return array($gen_x, $gen_y);
}

and now i want to fold it to:

function gen_new_size($old_x, $old_y, $new_x, $new_y) { [4 lines]
}

------------------------

2: I usualy working o multiple files (5-10), and in prewious versions of jEdit, when i quit jedit and then launch it again, all opened files was still opened. Now, when i close and reopen jedit, it starts with blank file.
What/where is option to force jEdit to keep opened files open after reopen?
hypersearch results window--can fontsize be increased
Submitted by mchunkat on Saturday, 31 July, 2004 - 06:43
Am a total jedit newbie...Found it to be much faster than expected...wanted to know whether there is any way to increase the fontsize of results in the hypersearch results window. My eyesight is not what it used to be...thanks in advance.
Mohan Chunkath
changing colors of the dock panels
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 30 July, 2004 - 20:34
Anyone know how to change the default colors of the docking area? (File System Browser, HyperSearch Results, etc)

The colors in general are fine, but the thing that bothers me is that the *selected* panel does not stand out very clearly on my laptop display, which is what I use for work. So it's difficult to tell which panel to click to close down the docking area.

In a nutshell, there's poor contrast between the unselected and selected docks.

Thanks for any tips,
Paul
changing colors of the dock panels
Submitted by paulflory on Friday, 30 July, 2004 - 15:31
Anyone know how to change the default colors of the docking area? (File System Browser, HyperSearch Results, etc)

The colors in general are fine, but the thing that bothers me is that the *selected* panel does not stand out very clearly on my laptop display, which is what I use for work. So it's difficult to tell which panel to click to close down the docking area.

In a nutshell, there's poor contrast between the unselected and selected docks.

Thanks for any tips,
Paul
Is there an ability to view "Procedure" lists (Function Lists in UltraEdit)
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 28 July, 2004 - 03:11
Community,
I currently use UltraEdit but will want to go over to jEdit on my Linux machine.
In UltraEdit there is a list one can view (similar to the browser list) that one can set up to show the beginning of each procedure. By double clicking on a specific procedure, one is transported to the line in the main editor window.
In UltraEdit it's found on View | View/Lists | Function List.
Is there such a beastie on jEdit or anything similar.
CodeBrowser
Submitted by didiergm on Tuesday, 27 July, 2004 - 15:17
Hello,

Is there a way to sort the function/variables ... list in a case insensitive manner ?

Thanks in advance
Didier
Wrapping selected text by command
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 23 July, 2004 - 08:06
Hi, how can I insvruct jEdit
to wrap a selected (i. 300 chars long line) at a specific or some kind of usual column number?

It's not an automatic wraping at the view-layer that I want. I want to get \n-s inserted at for example every 80th character or better at each blank whose column# is > 80

does there exist such a command or does anyone has a macro for that?
Where can I find a collection of macros?
how to add reference of other api manuals from within a zip file to jedit help window?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 18 July, 2004 - 08:52
Hi,
Is there a way to add the references to manuals of other softwares - such as jdk api - so that the documentation can be loaded from a zip file into the jedit help window. i know that unziping the manual into jedit/doc/api folder along with a simple xml file does the job. However, its a criminal waste of space to unzip the manual (help files).

Thanks,

Salgavkar
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83283