jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Themepacks and/or skins? - Look and feel plugin
Submitted by dave_mwi on Friday, 16 July, 2004 - 15:49
Maybe I'm missing something here...but I can't seem to get any theme packs to work. I've downloaded a couple if themes...I think. I've gone to http://javootoo.l2fprod.com/ and downloaed some zip files for different themes and tried to load them throgh the Look and Feel plugin, restarted the application, but I never get any changes...am I doing something wrong?? Maybe not downloading the right files...It seems a little confusing as to which zip files I should be downloading from some of these theme sites...thanks for your help.
additional examples for ActionHooks plugin?
Submitted by paulflory on Thursday, 15 July, 2004 - 21:41
Does anyone have any examples for the ActionHooks plugin, besides the few that are in the plugin's online help?

Looks like a powerful capability, but need a jumpstart on possibilities.

Thanks,
Paul
Help for Antelope
Submitted by ccapeng on Thursday, 15 July, 2004 - 20:08
I can't get my Antelope panel displayed. That's my exception :
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences
 factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ise.library.UserPreferencesFactory
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.util.prefs.Preferences.(Preferences.j
ava:204)
I use "Send To" in win xp to open up a java file. My jedit shortcut is
C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\java.exe -classpath "\j2sdk1.4.2\jre\lib\rt.jar;\j2sdk1.4.2\lib\tool.jar" -jar "C:\Program Files\jEdit 4.2pre14\jedit.jar" -reuseview
What am I missing?
Any examples for configuring & using the SuperScript plugin ?
Submitted by paulflory on Thursday, 15 July, 2004 - 05:10
Hi all,

I'm having problems getting SuperScript to do anything but output what appear to be error messages. This sounds like a totally cool plugin, but I can't find any examples of how to setup and use it.

I'd love to be able to run perl scripts with it, and eventually beanshell scripts/macros.

Anyone have tips?

Here's the output I get when trying to compute 1+1 several different ways, none of which work:

-> 1+1

org.apache.bsf.engines.perl.PerlEngine
-> 1+1

bsh.util.BeanShellBSFEngine

-> 1 + 1

org.apache.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine

org.apache.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine

-Paul
Starting jEdit w/o Launcher
Submitted by Orion on Tuesday, 13 July, 2004 - 22:00
I've always used the jEdit launcher to execute jEdit in the past (winXP pro). However, since this is no longer supported, I've had to find other means.

I've tried, from the run menu: java -jar d:\jedit\jedit.jar

But it closes as soon as it starts.

I've tried creating a "shortcut" that runs java -jar d:\jedit\jedit.jar, but I get the "dos" console running in the background, taking up valuable tasbar space.

And, running java -jar d:\jedit\jedit from my "dos prompt" runs it fine, but again, I'm left with the console taking up space.

Is there a way to run jEdit so that I only have the jedit window up, and none of these others? Thanks.
Using side mouse buttons for copy/paste
Submitted by jjrockman on Tuesday, 13 July, 2004 - 14:19
Hi, up until this week I had jEdit configured to allow the use of the side mouse buttons on my mouse (MS Intellimouse) to do copy (left side button) and paste (right side button). This has grown into something I can't live without Smiling
Last week windows update screwed up my machine and I had to reinstall windows. I can't figure out how to configure this same behavior anymore, I did it so long ago I can't remember...can anybody PLEASE help?!? I'm going crazy...
Autocomplete/dotcomplete for other languages other than Java?
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 9 July, 2004 - 17:23
Hey there,

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but i've spent several hours looking and have not found anything.

My question is: is there some plugin/way to hack dotcomplete to work with other languages other than java? I got CodeBrowser working just fine with CTAGs and it's great in that respect. It does exactly what i want for my C source/header files.

What i would love to do is have an autocomplete and dot syntax that used that ctags information to aid in code writing while editing an actual file, instead of having to open the code browser and then saying insert.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with jEdit?

Thanks

Brent.
GTK Look and Feel
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 7 July, 2004 - 19:03
I am using jedit 4.2pre14 on a Fedora Core 2 (Linux) machine with java version:
java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode)

In JDK 1.4.2 sun introduced a GTK look and feel (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/swing/1.4/Post1.4.html) that I would like jedit to use. The problem is that it dosn't show up in the interface section of the global options. Running jedit with the
-Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel
option still didn't make it work. I also made sure I was using a supported gtk theme and did not see any relevant output of errors or things of the sort (I did see output of errors about some plugins, but I believe that is unrelated).
Jedit continues to run fine, but insists on using the Metal L&F.

Any help would be appriciated!
Need Help with Column Insert & Block Fill Insert functions of Texttools plugin
Submitted by gkl on Wednesday, 7 July, 2004 - 08:25
Have been trying out the Column Insert & Block Fill Insert functions of Texttools plugin but keep getting an error message in the status bar:
"rectangular selection required".

I am pretty sure I've made a rectangular selection because when I do a rect move right with the same selection it works ok.

Has anyone successfully used these functions?
? replacing tabs/spaces. How to stop it?
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 7 July, 2004 - 00:30
I've just started getting into jEdit and when using it seems to replace spaces/tabs with ????? I'm using jEdit under Linux (Lindows 4.5.122) at home but will be saving it as dos/ascii for upload to a Windows 2000/XP machine. an example of what is happening is below. Any help is much appreciated. select a.emplid, a.first_name, a.last_name, a.extension, b.address1 ? from ps_utc_name_phn_vw a, ? ? ?ps_addresses b where a.emplid ?like '10002%' and a.emplid ? ? ?= b.emplid and b.addr_type = 'STAF' and b.effdt ? ? ?= (select max(b1.effdt) ????????????????? ?????? ? ????? ? ? ?from ?ps_addresses b1 ???????????????????????????????? ? ? ?where b1.emplid ? ?= b.emplid ???????????????????????????????? ? ? ?and ? b1.addr_type = b.addr_type ????????????????????????????????? ? ? and???????b1.effdt ? ?<= sysdate ????????????????????????????????? ? ?) Peter
Adding compilers to Console Plugin...??
Submitted by ojl96 on Monday, 5 July, 2004 - 17:13
Hi.

How do I add alternative compilers to the Console Plugin??
In the Pugin Options dialog, I can see the Console plugin, which has a compile & run section. However, I want to add new options to the drop down lists.

Anybody any ideas??

Thanks,
Ollie.
How to use Folding?
Submitted by ccapeng on Friday, 2 July, 2004 - 15:05
When I am editing my java code, I do see a line in the gutter to match a pair of curly braces. I set my Folding mode as "explicit" and try "Collapse Fold", but never see it work. Do I miss something?
Copy/Paste overwrites the copied text instead of pasting into new location
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 2 July, 2004 - 10:51
Hi, I tried searching for options for this and also tried searching for other topics on this, but couldn't find it. My problem is this. I select some text in a buffer, and press to copy it. I then scroll down a bit with the mouse or keyboard, and find where I want to paste the copied text (the cursor is blinking in this new location) but when I press to paste it, it pastes it back into the location it copies it from. In fact if I press or or whatever, the text I copied from is overwritten. it seems that after the copy, the text remains highlighted and of course is replaced then with the copy... any ideas on how to prevent this? I'm using jEdit 4.1final Cheers Ken
JavaScript Code Completion ?
Submitted by theWax on Friday, 2 July, 2004 - 10:30
Hi,
is there a way to get jEdit in *JavaScript mode* to give me code hinting (code completion).

oh man, i woul love to have that....

cheers,
w.
Can jEdit do a Java Method lookup?
Submitted by parussel on Thursday, 1 July, 2004 - 19:07
I’m using jEdit 4.1 final for some java development. I would like to be able to select a method, and see a list of all of the places that this method is used. Does anyone know of a plugin or set of plugins that might provide this sort of functionlaity? I’ve investigated the JExplorer plugin, but was unable to get it working due to the dependency on Project Viewer, and issues I am having getting Project Viewer 2.0.3 to work with 4.1 final.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
Can jEdit do a Java Method lookup?
Submitted by parussel on Thursday, 1 July, 2004 - 19:03
I’m using jEdit 4.1 final for some java development. I would like to be able to select a method, and see a list of all of the places that this method is used. Does anyone know of a plugin or set of plugins that might provide this sort of functionlaity? I’ve investigated the JExplorer plugin, but was unable to get it working due to the dependency on Project Viewer, and issues I am having getting Project Viewer 2.0.3 to work with 4.1 final.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
Code Browser Toggle?
Submitted by jpbroome on Thursday, 1 July, 2004 - 17:46
I like the Code Browser plugin, but I don't always like it visible. I haven't found a shortcut option to toggle its visibility (or the visibility of the docking area it's in - left, in my case).

Anyone done this, or know how?

Thanks.
How to Select this?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 1 July, 2004 - 09:34
Hi, I often have the following problem: I want to select the content of such XML-Tags:
<>P_Hauptmenu1<>
<>P_Kontoinformationen<>
<>P_Zahlungsverkehr<>
<>P_Devisen<>
<>P_Se<>
<>P_Beenden<>
At best with one action. The content starts all at the same column, however it ends in diferent columns. How can I select the content to i.e. delete it? This Problem may also be a couple of variables that get assinged asdf =
alkdfakjdf =
kfkkghjg=
df = 444
alkdjalkje4oihaognoadnigkang = 44
How to Select this?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 1 July, 2004 - 09:31
Hi, I often have the following problem: I want to select the content of such XML-Tags: P_Hauptmenu1 P_Kontoinformationen P_Zahlungsverkehr P_Devisen P_Se P_Beenden At best with one action. The content starts all at the same column, however it ends in diferent columns. How can I select the content to i.e. delete it? This Problem may also be a couple of variables that get assinged asdf = alkdfakjdf = kfkkghjg= df = 444 alkdjalkje4oihaognoadnigkang = 44
Adding classes to the Jython classpath
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 29 June, 2004 - 14:49
Please can someone tell me how to add jars to the classpath so that the JEdit Jyhton interpreter can see 3rd party Java classes? Does the interpreter use the system classpath?

Thanks,

Jasmin
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281